2024 Duramax issues?

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
Just an update. Best truck I’ve ever owned. This thing is nasty, it’s as powerful/fast as my last tuned LML or faster. No problems at all, 12 mpg mixed mostly city average speed 20 mph. Regens take 26 miles instead of 40 to 50 like in the LML. Overall, I think GM has hit one out of the park with this one. Glad I didn’t shy away with all the noise there was. I’ve determined most with issues were bc people did not understand what they were buying and really needed to stick with a gas job. These new trucks do not like to idle long, most with people with issues let them idle too much. About to go pick up a 24’ bay boat in Tampa for my buddy next week, I’ll post up how it does on its first long trailer trip.

dmax_ty

Aug 18, 2011
Utah
Good deal. Excess idle time is the achilles heel for ALL new diesel powered equipment, semis, pickups, and so on. Cat, Cummins, ford, GM, doesnt matter. None can handle excessive idling.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
So is short distance city driving. Packs that egr up nicely.

Wish BG would come out with a damn fitting to do their services in them, otherwise may look into that fass filter for egr’s

Reactions: dmax_ty

dmax_ty

Aug 18, 2011
Utah
I was looking at that as well, James. Just picked up a 19 and would like to stay compliant emissions wise. Would like to see how they work before getting one.

Anything 08 and newer needs to get hot and stay hot.

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I don’t see it “regenerating”. I’ll bet you have to pull it and clean it. Nice part is it’s easy/simple to get to.

We pull and clean LML coolers all the time. Far cheaper than putting new ones in

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Yourself would be more suitable I guess. Haha

Crazy thing looks like a dpf with all the stainless and such.

no shit, it pretty much does. Need to see what the insides look like

EGR on a diesel was the second really stupid idea I saw on the DMax platform. (LB7 injectors under the valve covers was first)

The whole damn emissions crap these trucks have is stupid. If you are going to work on diesel’s, you gotta know the aftertreatment inside and out or you can’t get far. You also can’t assume that because you have nox codes, it’s a sensor or aftertreatment part.

Pure Diesel

Apr 22, 2008
Ventura County
I'm posting this here since it seems NC & I are the only ones with 2024's. I'm having trouble with the remote start and phone remote start. I have tried three different times to remote start the truck and it won't work. Here's the kicker it won't start when its under 60 degrees. I've gone through the display screens looking for any setting to change and none. Was out in the desert camping and it wouldn't remote start. Was in Mammoth Lakes last weekend and it was 25 degrees twice and no start, remotely. If you do the push button start its fine. The blinker & running lights flash once and you hear a clunk and nothing. I've been looking at youtube videos, googling it and cannot find anything for a 2024. Anybody got some suggestions.
Thanks