LB7: 11.54 @ 118 mph first runs on new motor

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
so you guys built the trans on the truck? why dont you put in your sig who built the motor and tuned it?

othrgrl

Diesel Addiction Owner
Mar 10, 2008
Wilmington NC
www.mydieseladdiction.com
Actually Winston got the motor in pieces with a broken crank and spun gear on the crank for a price we couldn't pass up. We rebuilt it with a new keyed crank and cam, bearings and seals and put a new ATS dual fueler kit on it then swapped it in. So, no we weren't the original builder (or purchaser of most of the parts) but we got it in pieces and rebuilt the whole thing. It's not in my signature at all and Winston hasn't updated his sig yet. After we write our own tunes for it the Kennedy ECM (the one Winston asked how to unlock so that we could start tuning on it) will be taken out and sent to Kennedy to be unlocked and returned to stock so that we have a spare. And yes we built the trans in all our trucks. How is your truck a "Jordan" truck if all the people in your sig helped with portions of it (because you own it and do some of the work on it) - and when are you ever gonna get off our nuts, RENO and join in the friendly competition instead of bashing?

Thanks for the Congrats Kat. I called and left you a message about how you want payment for vendor fees and I'm working on our Flash banner now.

We are trying to become suporting vendors anyway, but last I checked this wasn't the profit machine that DieselPlace is and we are allowed to say who did work on our trucks regardless if they are lining the owners' pockets or not (that is not in reference to the McSwains or anyone else involved with the administation of this site but the people that own DieselPlace and many other sites about things they have no interest in).

Last edited:

SteveFord

What's Next?
May 8, 2008
Iowa
You know I can see both sides of this on the vendor issue. There will always be certain people how try to tear down somebodys acomplishments no matter who you are. It's just a part of life. As far as the DA Team names goes....keep it if thats what you want don't change it because someone else dosen't like it. By the way congrats on the times for all your guys.

othrgrl

Diesel Addiction Owner
Mar 10, 2008
Wilmington NC
www.mydieseladdiction.com
The problem isn't the name "DA Team" it's the fact that Diesel Addiction is a company that Winston and I started a few months ago but when any of us or our customers show up to a race people call us "the Diesel Addiction guys" so it turned into our "Team Name" as well - just like "Team Salad" is associated with guys that associate with McRat (although there is more to that story than just that). We are vendors on one site so far and are working on becoming vendors both here and at DieselPlace. RENODMAX just has some kind of vendetta against us although he has never met us or dealt directly with us - so he posts trash talk in all of our threads - most of the time (as with his comments about the motor) he doesn't have the whole story. We don't have any problem with him or know why he does with us.

Last edited:

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
He, as I, have had an issue with you skirting site's S/V rules with all the "DA" namedropping. It is a form of advertising for your website.
It is good that you have finally owned up to it and are becoming S/V's at the sites you visit. Then you can say "DA" this or "DA" that all you want....

That does not take away from the fact that you and your friends have some seriously fast trucks.

Last edited:

LBZrcks

Jun 2, 2007
SoCal
toot.gif

Drholliday

May 28, 2008
Gresham, OR
I guess some people have some really high standards of what you need to do to the truck to claim it as yours...

I can see both sides of the vendor issue and I'll stay out of that. But I'm proud to be a DA truck, it doesn't mean my truck belongs to Dustin and Winston, just that we all race and pull together, its kind of our team.

racinmike77

Sep 14, 2008
MD
RENODMAX just has some kind of vendetta against us although he has never met us or dealt directly with us - so he posts trash talk in all of our threads - most of the time (as with his comments about the motor) he doesn't have the whole story. We don't have any problem with him or know why he does with us.[/QUOTE]

Lol hes a cupcake:D

IdahoRob

Jun 5, 2007
What I find interesting, is that a company(DA) that sells custom tuning is running a competitors tune and then posting a quick time from one of "their" trucks and not posting up who's tuning is in the truck until pressed.

Trying to unlock a competitors ecm as well as looking at other competitors tuning(your own words) just hints at taking short cuts and copying. I'm sure this is what is leaving a bad taste in the long term, experienced hands around the boards.

Not to say this is what is happening, just how it appears from the outside.

Congrats on your great times, I'm impressed. You've found something to have all those trucks running that well.

Last edited:

Drholliday

May 28, 2008
Gresham, OR
What I find interesting, is that a company(DA) that sells custom tuning is running a competitors tune and then posting a quick time from one of "their" trucks and not posting up who's tuning is in the truck until pressed.

Trying to unlock a competitors ecm as well as looking at other competitors tuning(your own words) just hints at taking short cuts and copying. I'm sure this is what is leaving a bad taste in the long term, experienced hands around the boards.

Not to say this is what is happening, just how it appears from the outside.

Congrats on your great times, I'm impressed. You've found something to have all those trucks running that well.

In all fairness he never said it was his tuning on the truck and when asked he said it was some one else's ECM. The post was about the first run on the new motor.

As for the tuning, I know both Dustin and Winston were EFI customers before they were dealers and they bought tunes from other people. I think its kind of hard to not to have seen what was in those other tunes. As for my truck I know it is 100% Dustin's tuning and that there is nothing else quite like it that I have seen anywhere else. He wrote the base to my tune on a 4 hour drive to a tractor pull, I won the pull and we have been fine tuning it ever sense. I'm calling it different from everything else b/c I haven't heard of or seen another LBZ that can't hold traction on the street at anything under 50mph on stock turbo, injectors, and no spray. (makes for a fun ride) :D

But its all mute b/c they will be vendors here shortly and if some one gets one of Dustin's tunes they will see first hand that it is truly different in its own way.

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
The problem isn't the name "DA Team" it's the fact that Diesel Addiction is a company that Winston and I started a few months ago but when any of us or our customers show up to a race people call us "the Diesel Addiction guys" so it turned into our "Team Name" as well - just like "Team Salad" is associated with guys that associate with McRat (although there is more to that story than just that). .

Do you think we were born yesterday?

dont insult our intelligence and try to make it out like you had nothing but innocent intentions with your little "team name". Just become a supporting vendor and I promise everyone will stop giving you trouble. AND then you can put DA anywhere you want with no worries! Win-win! :D

ben

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
I'm calling it different from everything else b/c I haven't heard of or seen another LBZ that can't hold traction on the street at anything under 50mph on stock turbo, injectors, and no spray.

this thread is worthless without video. My freaking built motor twin turbo'd dmax wont even do that on a dry road.

Or maybe DA tuning is 'that' good. :cool:

The Neens

BFD
Staff member
Aug 10, 2006
Monrovia, Ca.
In my sig it is just like anyone else writing Mike L., Socal, ect - just saying who did the work. I'm calling Kat today about how she wants payment for advertising.

Both of whom pay for advertising on other sites...

Glad to see you're gonna be in the same boat...

05smoker

I'm officially done!
Mar 30, 2007
Lebanon, OH
I agree with what Rob posted.

I'm very impressed at what you guys have done with this truck as well as the others. Don't get me wrong on that. Maybe you know some tricks in EFI that some of us haven't quite figured out yet. Is it all that different that the other tunes out there though? I'd be willing to bet not. I have seen more than a few tunes in my day and I'd find it very hard to come on here and say I built one from scratch and it not have cues from others I have seen.

The problem for me arose when you were trying to unlock the Kennedy ECM on the DP forum and didn't see any issue with that. Very unprofessional for a competing shop. And then to run the truck on that tune and not give it credit until it was asked.:mad:

ECMs are cheap. Throw one in it with your own tune and take it to the track and log that one instead.

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
i didnt know you can put your name on a built motor if you slap a crank and mains in it

racinmike77

Sep 14, 2008
MD
this thread is worthless without video. My freaking built motor twin turbo'd dmax wont even do that on a dry road.

Or maybe DA tuning is 'that' good. :cool:

I think it has alot to do with weight. My truck would spin through third with the ats epower. It only weighed 6200, had a roll pan and no spare tire or any extra bs.