ZF Short throw

jc64

Sep 29, 2006
Oregon
He is Caleb out of PA. He sold the truck about 2 years ago. He is putting his efforts to his wife's pulling truck now.

Here is a vid.

jc

[YOUTUBE]0-IQJQ3e3w4[/YOUTUBE]

Jakej03

Sep 1, 2012
Springtown TX
Thanks Jake, it was good to meet you too. That's a mean looking bumper on your truck too! I finally got the pistol grip installed too which turned out to be a bigger job than I anticipated finding the correctly threaded bolts but I recommend EVERYONE get one! Makes it so much easier to rip through gears :driving:
picture.php
picture.php

Thanks I made it myself, now if I could just find some time to finish the scoop and paint it. I like that shifer a lot better than the old one

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
it would make fitting the shifter in the SLT console sooooo much easier for me. I'd keep the pushbutton 4x4 shifter.

The only problem with doing a ZF6 swap on a truck that originally had push-button 4x4 is that you lose the ability to shift to 4-low.

Because in the factory allison application, the TCSM (transfer case shift module, the 4x4 computer) relies on receiving a data message from the allison TCM stating that the trans is in "neutral" before the TCSM will allow the transfer case to shift into 4-low.

When you do a ZF swap, obviously the TCM wont be there, so the TCSM no longer has a way of telling when the trans is in "neutral" and therefore will inhibit any 4-low shift requests (when you push the 4-low button, it will just blink several times and then go back to 4-hi)

ben

dstrat05llyzf6

Oct 4, 2011
Beloit, Ohio
Hey guys I rarely get on here because im always so busy! I bought Calebs record holding zf6 lly.. currently working on assembling the engine with some new parts. I would maybe be interested in this short throw with a price and pics. I cant wait to get my truck back on the road! Its been down for about a year and a half. One piston was cracked but didn't shatter. Before I tore it down it had a single 66mm and I went 12.40s. Now Ill be using a garret stage 1 vgt and an s475