ZF Short throw

Jakej03

Sep 1, 2012
Springtown TX
I went to look at what kspen has got made up, although I didn't see it, I did get in the truck and go through all the gears. The gates have a much better feel (more firm but still smooth) even with the rubber isolator in the stock shifter. Compared to my truck his had almost no "slop" other than the shifter flex which would be fixed with an aftermarket one. The overall shift throw seemed to have been almost cut in half. In my truck I measured the throw from 1st to 2nd, it was somewhere close to 4.25 inches, I didn't measure but I would be willing to guess that the throw on his was somewhere around 2.75 inches. The kit did raise the shifter some but I could not really tell how much because of a taller aftermarket knob. This is an easy fix though cause the shaft is plenty thick to cut and weld on. (I've done it)
Overall its a good kit, I will definitely buy one, unless I find enough spare time to make my own :D (which is probably not likely :()

Kspen90

<<<got turbos?
Jul 14, 2011
Burleson, Tx
Thanks Jake, it was good to meet you too. That's a mean looking bumper on your truck too! I finally got the pistol grip installed too which turned out to be a bigger job than I anticipated finding the correctly threaded bolts but I recommend EVERYONE get one! Makes it so much easier to rip through gears :driving:
picture.php
picture.php

Kspen90

<<<got turbos?
Jul 14, 2011
Burleson, Tx
Very nice work man. Turned out great. Whats the red button for?:cool:

Thanks man. It was a pain to run the wires down through the knob instead of out the back like they come from the factory. The button does nothing at the moment lol but I went ahead and ran the wire and drilled it out to exit the arm under the boot and eventually I'm going to set up front and rear line locks on arming switches with the button as the activator. Front for burnouts, front and rear for boosted launch.

Deerwashed

Dec 10, 2010
You Should use that Button for a train horn, if you got your hand on the shifter, would be easy to blast at friends when they drive by.

Kspen90

<<<got turbos?
Jul 14, 2011
Burleson, Tx
You Should use that Button for a train horn, if you got your hand on the shifter, would be easy to blast at friends when they drive by.
Train horns are for Cummins guys and :gay: which are pretty much the same thing now that I think about it....
or nitrous.
I'm going run my nitrous on a boost switch
now get some serious power to the wheels and chase that zf6 1/4 mile record :thumb:
That's the plan ;)