ZF Short throw

dstrat05llyzf6

Oct 4, 2011
Beloit, Ohio
Hey guys got my truck all finished up and Caleb Baker of blackout performance tuned it and I ran it one night at our local 1/4 mile track. Ended up running a 11.99 @113 not too bad it was hot out. That should be good for second on that list with the same truck that is 1st :D

I love the truck and how rare it is and how good it runs but I just have too many toys so I wouldn't mind selling it if someone would be interested in it. I have about 500 miles on the new build..

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
no more news on the short throw? if your not going to sell them can you share what you did, I can make a spacer I don't know what id have to do for the stub though? Midwest trans has pics of there short throw kit.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Bump wondering if this ever went to sales or not. I know it's a year old. Just thought id give it a shot.

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
I'm in the process of making my own along with a few other improvments If it works well I'd be willing to make a few extra

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
I'm in the process of making my own along with a few other improvments If it works well I'd be willing to make a few extra

Keep me posted!

If you need a tester let me know. I'd be glad to help

Last edited:

Kspen90

<<<got turbos?
Jul 14, 2011
Burleson, Tx
Ok everybody, long time no see, I know. Sorry I've been away so long, went through several life changes including moving (where they don't offer high speed Internet, and I use too much on my mobile plan already) which is a big portion of why I stopped logging in, a promotion at work that required a lot more of my time, and the machine shop "losing" my extra stub when I told them that their cost to make new ones from billet wasn't feasible, which is the main reason the project died since I couldn't be without my truck waiting on cores to be returned. That problem fixed itself about 3 months ago though when I totaled the truck :( Don't worry though, I didn't let them take another zf to the scrap yard, I still have it sitting at my shop looking for a donor truck to swap it all in to :thumb: I had really just kinda forgotten about the whole thing until I got an email from DD about a PM clrussell sent, so I figured I would get this back on track since I don't need the truck everyday now. I will be shipping the first one out to clrussell next week, even though I know there were other people that were in line first, since he's the one who reminded me about the whole thing to begin with. I will keep everybody updated as to when I get his core in and turnaround time, but it will be pretty quick as I have another trusted shop doing the work for me instead of me having to do it myself with my busy schedule. Price will be between $225-$275 (hopefully on the lower end), depending on final fab cost and other materials that I will include in the kit. Thanks for the interest, and again, I apologize for letting the project die for so long.

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
Sorry to hear a zf die. I had one total to. I am making my own but glad ur back on track. These zfs need all the support we can give em. We need a zf in the tens for God's sake!! All it will take is someone to build a zf mean enough to do it most aren't race trucks

Last edited:

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
I think the record now is 11.48 in a full weight reg cab. Think it made 750 hp and 4th gear 4x4 launch at 4k

I thought he was doing 2nd at like 3200.. 4th at 4k??? Meow that's ballsy! And if I remember right it was a stock turbo truck?