ZF Short throw

Jakej03

Sep 1, 2012
Springtown TX
Yes it is a hand throttle, but it only about 50%, You can use the gas pedal too, I use to to rpm match and bump the throttle when down shifting while I'm on the brakes, it gives me a 3rd foot. And I ride motorcycles and the grip on there is what i have on all my vehicles.

Jakej03

Sep 1, 2012
Springtown TX
(last picture) I welded a "custom" bent piece of metal to the other end of the gas pedal so its up under the dash out of the way. Been really reliable for over a year now.

Jakej03

Sep 1, 2012
Springtown TX
:confused: this still has my wondering the purpose for it? I dont understand why u need a hand throttle.

A better question is, why dont I need a hand throttle? haha But in all seriousness the original intent was to help control the sensitive pedal when taking off after I installed the super jumpy dual disc, after I made it I realized that no amount of throttle control would help the jump, all it needed was to be broken in. That being said, I use it everyday for bumping the throttle when downshifting and rpm matching when I dont feel like pushing in the clutch, and boosted launches are alot easier than triple pedaling it. :thumb:

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
A lot of guys that go wheeling with manual trans rigs make hand throttles like that. Its really handy once your use to it. Defiantly easier then trying act like you have a 3rd leg.

Kspen90

<<<got turbos?
Jul 14, 2011
Burleson, Tx
Sorry guys I've been busy as hell in and out of town for work but I've finally found a reasonably priced source for the spacer material and ordered it in. Should have the finalized design put together by next Sunday. I will shoot a video with the stock shifter and one with the short throw for comparison. Again, sorry for the delay.

Kspen90

<<<got turbos?
Jul 14, 2011
Burleson, Tx
IT'S FINALLY FINISHED!!!!!:woott::woott: Took longer than expected to get it how I wanted but came out perfect in the end! I was hoping to get my Hurst pistol grip handle in at the same time but it won't be here until this Saturday so excuse the ugly parts store knob in the video. Ended up with right at a 50% reduction but will be more if the shifter arm itself is cut down to be back at factor height, but I like mine being up higher. The video shows the math of it but doesn't even come close to doing justice to how much shorter if feels:D

Factory from neutral-4th-5th
[youtube]1zr1tdI34D4[/youtube]

Short throw
[YOUTUBE]EFK1Zjk14xM[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]ErgoLQ4F7Bs[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited by a moderator:

Kspen90

<<<got turbos?
Jul 14, 2011
Burleson, Tx
I invite anyone in my area that's driven a stock zf-6 to come check it out and give their opinion :thumb: I will try to work up a price by this weekend (no promises though, I'll need to price shop having the new stubs turned on a CNC lathe) and get in touch with one of the mods to find out what I need to do to comply with the forums rules of selling. I would rather not bother with a modified core exchange program due to limited availability, quality control, and turn around time if I can find a cheap enough source to have them made.