Your input on a 600hp DD

2005LLY

Sep 18, 2011
So I just had my trans built, got a lift pump and have robs tunes. I know I'll want more so I figured I'd get your alls input on a few things. What single charger would be good? I don't want twins. Also what cp3 upgrades if any should I get, as far as nozzles who's a good company to go with and what size? I've been looking at 60% so I have room to grow.

Thanks, Dylan

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
So I just had my trans built, got a lift pump and have robs tunes. I know I'll want more so I figured I'd get your alls input on a few things. What single charger would be good? I don't want twins. Also what cp3 upgrades if any should I get, as far as nozzles who's a good company to go with and what size? I've been looking at 60% so I have room to grow.

Thanks, Dylan
Although nozzles would help with safer tuning there not needed and niether is a CP3 upgrade. With a charger you can easily reach 600 HP. If you tow heavy allot I would consider an S366. If you tow light like a boat and lighter you may want to step up to an S400. If you can stand the extra $ I'd get a billet wheel in what ever you get.

2005LLY

Sep 18, 2011
Yeah I don't tow much of anything. And I have faith in the motor lol. Plan to stud it, and I want nozzles to help with the tuning. What would spool better s300 or s400? I plan to hook at some local pulls for fun.

whitelmmmax

Smaller than stock
Jul 26, 2011
lake charles, la
Yeah I don't tow much of anything. And I have faith in the motor lol. Plan to stud it, and I want nozzles to help with the tuning. What would spool better s300 or s400? I plan to hook at some local pulls for fun.

Ha that faith is only gonna get you so far if you push the limits on it. Just my .02:thumb:

2005LLY

Sep 18, 2011
Well if all goes the way I want I'll only need this motor to last 1-2 years, an ill pick up a LMM to drive an turn the LLY into a dedicated puller/ drag truck/ weekend warrior lol. But right now I don't have the money to do it all so I wan to start a mild build.

02dirtymax

Jul 3, 2009
Ohio
I like my Silver Bullet. Cheap and does everything good (pulling, racing, driving, towing).

To keep the variable vane both Fleece and Danville have good chargers, but I would put my money towards an aftermarket turbo over a modded stock.

02dirtymax

Jul 3, 2009
Ohio
I had my nozzles extrude honed to 60%. No complaints really. I planned on pulling still when I got the 60's, but I quit pulling and started towing a camper instead. I would have went 40 if I knew that, but the 60's aren't bad. They actually clean up better towing than regular driving since they have a load and make the turbo spool. I think I may have lost some mpg's with the 60's, but I also went to a 305 tire from a 285 at the same time and I lost about 2-3 mpg.

Slammed2007Lbz

Super Spicy Tunaz
Feb 1, 2009
NE Ohio
Your stock motor cant handle anything more than a S366 can throw at it with stock injectors and cp3. IMO you are wasting your money buying a bunch of additional parts when the motor wont handle the power. Stay with a small charger thatspools fast and you will be happy. No point in going crazy because your motor won't last over 600hp IMO

2005LLY

Sep 18, 2011
Who makes your turbo and what do 60% nozzles run? When I do it I'm going to get intercooler pipes, egr delete, up pipes, and drivers side manifold. I'd also stud it.

kivetts04dmax

May 20, 2010
Boonville, MO/Pendleton, CA

whitelmmmax

Smaller than stock
Jul 26, 2011
lake charles, la
Your stock motor cant handle anything more than a S366 can throw at it with stock injectors and cp3. IMO you are wasting your money buying a bunch of additional parts when the motor wont handle the power. Stay with a small charger thatspools fast and you will be happy. No point in going crazy because your motor won't last over 600hp IMO

Not necessarily. Your sig says your 600+ hp is your motor built? There are quite a few guys on here that race, dd, and pull with 400 frame turbos and stock motors. IMO have fun with it, buy whatever you want, and go as fast as you can until it blows. Then build it and go faster:thumb:

2005LLY

Sep 18, 2011
Not necessarily. Your sig says your 600+ hp is your motor built? There are quite a few guys on here that race, dd, and pull with 400 frame turbos and stock motors. IMO have fun with it, buy whatever you want, and go as fast as you can until it blows. Then build it and go faster:thumb:

I like your thinking. I'm interested in the s400 with 2.6 cover could someone enlighten me?