LLY: Who Is The Best LLY tuner for HEAVY TOW/MPG

kjp800

-
Aug 6, 2008
New Jersey
x2. more so because he owned a lly. also, i get almost 22 mpg hand calculated. towing my 14k 24ft gooseneck with my 6500lb duramax puller on it gets 11-14mpg while towing with my lmm. hotest egt i hae seen is 1200, only seen that one time(egt probe is in #1 cylinder on manifold). i like how bob tunes while on a dyno too. to me from what i have seen, he puts a little more effort on closer to stock vehicles.

X3. I've had nothing but good luck with Bob.

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
i have a friend that has on 05 ec/sb and I tuned his truck with unreal results. He is getting 30.1 mpg on the highway doing 65 mph. He resets when he gets on the hightway to when he gets off. I have pictures to prove it. He is averaging 22-24mpg around town. It is not a powerhouse but it is about 60 hp above stock. He wanted mileage more than he wanted power. He towed a 2003 grand prix about 60 miles doing 70 mph and was averaging 21-22 mpg. It can be done. I will be honest, I got lucky as hell when I tuned it. It took several tries but that is what he is getting.

Thanks for my early morning laugh.

lotsofmiles

Father of the Van
Dec 4, 2008
Michigan
its forale, but i dont need to sell it. one of them if someone will pay me what i want then i will sell it. and to be 100% honest the majority of the reason to even make me consider selling it is in fact the horrible mileage when towing (thats the main reason i have this truck...)

Then what, tow with a prius or Leaf?

Fastorange

Jan 31, 2009
ohio
When it comes to the lly, dustin is the guy you should talk to... hes upfront honest person... and knows the llys like the back of his hand... i believe hes made the most power on stock turbo lly... 604 your best bet is to call him and talk to him...

dracing70

SH--- GETTING EXPENSIVE!
Jun 12, 2007
mantua, oh
That doesn't mean anything. I can make the display read 40 mpg, but that doesn't make it true.

X2 When u tune these trucks it throws the calculator off. The only way to get exàct mpg is to do the hard numbers. Fill it up run it out and do the math. But it was a funny statement. I love when my buddies tell me there truck is getting 38 mpg and I ask how they know and they tell me the truck told them so!

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
X2 When u tune these trucks it throws the calculator off. The only way to get exàct mpg is to do the hard numbers. Fill it up run it out and do the math. But it was a funny statement. I love when my buddies tell me there truck is getting 38 mpg and I ask how they know and they tell me the truck told them so!

If the tune is small enough 80hp ( low PW ) you can recalibrate the DIC on the LLY:)
It will be fairly close, I do agree hand calc is the best.

FYI, The calculator is posted on this site.

The best milage tuner is yourself.

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
Unless he is using propane or cng to supplement im gonna have to call bullshit.Either that or his tire calculation is way off and showing miles he isnt traveling.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
love steves tuning. just got back from a trip to the dunes and in a 30mph crosswind the whole way there and back i still averaged 13mpg towing 8k toy hauler. thats with 45 overs injectors.

he owns an LLY and had his truck figured out when it was on 37s and on the stock charger.

TRUBBS

Jul 6, 2011
love steves tuning. just got back from a trip to the dunes and in a 30mph crosswind the whole way there and back i still averaged 13mpg towing 8k toy hauler. thats with 45 overs injectors.

he owns an LLY and had his truck figured out when it was on 37s and on the stock charger.

Is Steve the moonshine guy? I'll look into him also
I just need 1 single tow tune I can flash in, hopefully the tuners will do that, rather the a full dsp5 setup

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Is Steve the moonshine guy? I'll look into him also
I just need 1 single tow tune I can flash in, hopefully the tuners will do that, rather the a full dsp5 setup

No he is SSchmi5519 on here. he owns SSdieseltuning.com and is a vendor here. He much prefers single tunes over dsp5 :D

Ryan T

Sep 5, 2010
CA
i have a friend that has on 05 ec/sb and I tuned his truck with unreal results. He is getting 30.1 mpg on the highway doing 65 mph. He resets when he gets on the hightway to when he gets off. i have pictures to prove it. He is averaging 22-24mpg around town. It is not a powerhouse but it is about 60 hp above stock. He wanted mileage more than he wanted power. He towed a 2003 grand prix about 60 miles doing 70 mph and was averaging 21-22 mpg. It can be done. I will be honest, I got lucky as hell when I tuned it. It took several tries but that is what he is getting.

oh by the way, it is hand calculated.:)

you have pics of yourself hand calculating the MPGs?? :rofl: