LLY: Who Is The Best LLY tuner for HEAVY TOW/MPG

moss

<--good vibrations
Dec 15, 2008
sandwich, il
I don't care if you call bullshit or not. I don't care if you believe me. He has the receipts and mileage when he did it. I don't have anything to prove. Just because some big name tuner isn't doing it doesn't mean it can't be done!:thumb:

I can do the same thing you mentioned I. Your first post to get super high mpg. Everyone could get those numbers if we(or normal people) reset their in dash mpg calculator AFTER pulling onto a freeway/interstate. I have seen those same numbers with a tail wind, but not for the whole duration of the tank of fuel, and it was only the one time. If your so sure of yourself AND tuning, display milage accumulated and fuel used for a month, not a few mile trip on an interstate/freeway after you have accelerated to speed(which is where most of the fuel is wasted). I am not knocking you or your tuning, just the way you calculate your results

SSchmi5519

LLY Cult Leader
Oct 19, 2008
Arizona
[LLY:] Who Is The Best LLY tuner for HEAVY TOW/MPG

Of course when people hand calc they want to see the highest number possible. They round miles traveled up and fuel put in down. Top off first tank and only fill up next till it clicks off. SO MANY FACTORS> wind, elevation, outside temp, tire size/pressure, terrain changes(mountains), biodiesel? Additives? Truck weight?

Say the truck really is tuned 100% perfect for max mpg. How loud are you going to cry when ANY one or more of those above factors change and you no longer get your "Max MPG"?

Oh wait must be a tuner error if I don't get 30mpg like the guys on the forums... :rolleyes:

Sent from my iPhone.

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
Guess I need to swap in an LLY so I can get good milage. I've only ever seen 24 out of my LB7 hand calculated(I don't have a lie o meter) driving it at 60-62. My towing milage sucks with 3.42's, but it pays for itself when running empty.

dracing70

SH--- GETTING EXPENSIVE!
Jun 12, 2007
mantua, oh
Guess I need to swap in an LLY so I can get good milage. I've only ever seen 24 out of my LB7 hand calculated(I don't have a lie o meter) driving it at 60-62. My towing milage sucks with 3.42's, but it pays for itself when running empty.

I agree my lb7 gets much better mileage than my Lly did. I'm about the same 20-24 hand calculated. Stock height but bigger wheels. I would get 13-15 with three cars behind it. I love my lb7. Till I have to work on it that is.

zfuller123

StarLite Diesel
Sep 2, 2006
Utah
www.starlitediesel.com
Of course when people hand calc they want to see the highest number possible. They round miles traveled up and fuel put in down. Top off first tank and only fill up next till it clicks off. SO MANY FACTORS> wind, elevation, outside temp, tire size/pressure, terrain changes(mountains), biodiesel? Additives? Truck weight?

Say the truck really is tuned 100% perfect for max mpg. How loud are you going to cry when ANY one or more of those above factors change and you no longer get your "Max MPG"?

Oh wait must be a tuner error if I don't get 30mpg like the guys on the forums... :rolleyes:

Sent from my iPhone.

ditto. My favorite is "I used to get 20+ stock before I was tuned" - and you find out they run it around on race all day every day... send them a new tune that only has 30-40 HP added and is ONLY for mileage, and its not 30 seconds after they've flashed the truck that the phone is ringing asking where all the 'power' went :roflmao:

Mileage is probably one of the hardest things to 'tune' for, IMO - given that each person drives their truck different.

GeorgiaDieselGTO

Wants to drive his truck
May 12, 2010
Crossville
ditto. My favorite is "I used to get 20+ stock before I was tuned" - and you find out they run it around on race all day every day... send them a new tune that only has 30-40 HP added and is ONLY for mileage, and its not 30 seconds after they've flashed the truck that the phone is ringing asking where all the 'power' went :roflmao:

Mileage is probably one of the hardest things to 'tune' for, IMO - given that each person drives their truck different.

LOL heard this one lots.

As far as tunes It is best if you can find someone to actually put a little seat time in the truck. I have always seen the best results from someone actually tuning a truck in person.

red1977

Nov 15, 2010
Ogden Utah
I look at it this way. I own a truck so don't really care what the fuel mileage is. If its that big of deal I'll buy a car.

DMAX497

Sep 27, 2012
Utah
i think i will go with starlight, hes a good guy and lives in utah, tows the same roads as i do with a similar trailer to mine and a LLY so in my mind he is the best choice for ME because he has made his tunes around almost exactly what i will be doing.
now just need to round up the coin to go ahead and pay for the tune, along with trying to get every ready/registered for easter weekend.

Good Choice :thumb:

I know I am happy :D

He is a good dude, KNOWS what he is going, and is local to us. Can't ask for more?

TRUBBS

Jul 6, 2011
Good Choice :thumb:

I know I am happy :D

He is a good dude, KNOWS what he is going, and is local to us. Can't ask for more?

yeah i cant wait to give it a go, sucky thing is that its gona have to wait untell after easter weekend before ill have the coin to get it, with having to register the truck,trailer & 3 bikes plus food & fuel going down along with the season dune pass i just cant swing it yet :(
but ill get it done within the next month, along with running watermeth, the tune should pay for its self within a few trips anyways.