Who has gone from a built truck to stock?

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Then its doable:thumb: I was into mine for 38k before taxes(sticker was 60k) and its still 707 a month think I did 60 months too... hmm but payment will be 6xx something soon

That's out of my price range. 50k is my max and I can get a lot if truck for that from what in seein. I won't get a mega cab if I got a dodge, I need the 8ft bed a lot of times and it comes in handy. It is awesome to see dodge did give some more room in that non mega cab crew cab. There is more room back there than my truck even.

I did build the truck to be multi purpose but what I mean by that is as a play rig, dd, and tow rig. Some sacrifices in areas were made to make it well rounded and now that my needs for the truck have changed, I'd rather give up it's multi purpose for more a dedicated tow rig.

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now
If you want it as more of a tow rig I would take it back to stock or a little lower. Just my 2 cents.
The new LMLs are really nice. I'm with James though, used with 30k miles or better is a smarter idea, the person that bought it took the initial depreciation.

I absolutely will not buy a vehicle unless I've got the cash, I don't need one that bad. I can barely put up with having a mortgage let alone vehicle payments.

Yellowchevy

D-MAX Mafia

Hood down, smoke up!
Nov 4, 2009
Phoenix
That's out of my price range. 50k is my max and I can get a lot if truck for that from what in seein. I won't get a mega cab if I got a dodge, I need the 8ft bed a lot of times and it comes in handy. It is awesome to see dodge did give some more room in that non mega cab crew cab. There is more room back there than my truck even.

I got Jackie's '11 LML Z-71 LTZ for $44k brand new. That's the same price I paid for my LBZ back in 06. I had the fast LBZ and the tuned/deleted/lowered LML. Her truck was nice but after driving it then jumping into my LBZ, there was no comparison. The interior is ok, lots of hard plastic and the seats suck for long distance driving. It was just different than my truck so it seemed nicer. I will take an 01-07 classic interior over the new ones.

I was in your same boat a while back. The LBZ was up for sale and I ordered a new Dodge. Long story short I kept the LBZ. After driving my brother in laws truck tonight with Mark's (Danville) tuning, I will be getting new tuning from Mark and running my LBZ till it dies. New trucks are nice but fast and paid off trucks are better!

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
I got Jackie's '11 LML Z-71 LTZ for $44k brand new. That's the same price I paid for my LBZ back in 06. I had the fast LBZ and the tuned/deleted/lowered LML. Her truck was nice but after driving it then jumping into my LBZ, there was no comparison. The interior is ok, lots of hard plastic and the seats suck for long distance driving. It was just different than my truck so it seemed nicer. I will take an 01-07 classic interior over the new ones.

I was in your same boat a while back. The LBZ was up for sale and I ordered a new Dodge. Long story short I kept the LBZ. After driving my brother in laws truck tonight with Mark's (Danville) tuning, I will be getting new tuning from Mark and running my LBZ till it dies. New trucks are nice but fast and paid off trucks are better!

The recurring theme that jumps out at me throughout this thread is if its paid off keep it. Mod value will NEVER be recouped. Enjoy what you worked hard for, nobody can ever take it away from you. Within some freak financial collapse the bank will undoubtedly want their collateral back, your credit will be donezo, and you will be riding a bike.

DIESELMAFIAPER.LB7

<----new hotness
Jan 17, 2010
idaho
shop.dieselmafiaperformance.com

I did build the truck to be multi purpose but what I mean by that is as a play rig, dd, and tow rig. Some sacrifices in areas were made to make it well rounded and now that my needs for the truck have changed, I'd rather give up it's multi purpose for more a dedicated tow rig.

Sticker was 60k I got it to 50k then after 12k down 38k so I started drom where you want to be and after sitting in the back of mi MN e and my dad's dodge crew cab 12 there no different imo but Im also alot bigger then you :rofl: do a long bed conversion there's actually a few them for sale new body styles and all but non mega are cheaper a little anyway

if the limo is paid for keep it buy something new and if need be sell and go back to limo if its paid off it costs you nothing for it to sit

Last edited:

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
If you want it as more of a tow rig I would take it back to stock or a little lower. Just my 2 cents.
The new LMLs are really nice. I'm with James though, used with 30k miles or better is a smarter idea, the person that bought it took the initial depreciation.

I absolutely will not buy a vehicle unless I've got the cash, I don't need one that bad. I can barely put up with having a mortgage let alone vehicle payments.

Yellowchevy

take it back to stock height?!?! thats crazy talk :D. na i hear ya Russ. i hate payments as well but thats why i usually make sure i can pay it off early. hell i even pay quite a bit more into my mortgage just to pay it off early.

Thanks Ben. Its too bad you guys got rid of that sucker otherwise id talk you into takin me for a ride in it with a load on the back.

The recurring theme that jumps out at me throughout this thread is if its paid off keep it. Mod value will NEVER be recouped. Enjoy what you worked hard for, nobody can ever take it away from you. Within some freak financial collapse the bank will undoubtedly want their collateral back, your credit will be donezo, and you will be riding a bike.

well i never expect to get my money back out of the truck that i put into it. ya just cant BUT thats not why i did what i did to the truck anyhow. it was for more enjoyment out of it but that has since changed due to my direction i went. One thing ive never been worried about is my credit and even if some BS like that happened, credit would not stop me from getting what i want. Cash is always king and ill bust my ass for that if it ever came down to it.

Sticker was 60k I got it to 50k then after 12k down 38k so I started from where you want to be and after sitting in the back of mi MN e and my dad's dodge crew cab 12 there no different imo but Im also alot bigger then you :rofl: do a long bed conversion there's actually a few them for sale new body styles and all but non mega are cheaper a little anyway

thats just too much truck. mine is plenty long enough and i grew up in the back seat of my truck with two younger brothers and a mid sized dog when my parents would take us camping. it was never overly cramped back there and no matter how much space is in the back, it wouldnt have stopped any fighting :roflmao:. Guess what im saying is the back seat will be plenty for any little ones that may come along down the road. if adults wanna ride back there, i dont care cause my seat will be nice and comfortable lol

coker6303

Keep Calm and Chive On!!
Aug 6, 2009
Houston, TX
I guess you are keeping her like she is!! lol

I am dying to build my motor, but I want a new truck. Probably going to compromise and snag an ecoboost f150 or something similiar and keep the lmm going. I need a nice, fuel efficient truck to run around for work and cut miles off the duramax.

who knows...maybe the stock motor will last forever! :roflmao:

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I guess you are keeping her like she is!! lol

I am dying to build my motor, but I want a new truck. Probably going to compromise and snag an ecoboost f150 or something similiar and keep the lmm going. I need a nice, fuel efficient truck to run around for work and cut miles off the duramax.

who knows...maybe the stock motor will last forever! :roflmao:

Who are you?

fishsmith

May 14, 2008
Monroe, LA
Ecoboost suck. I'm getting better mileage out of my new 2014 Chevrolet crew high country with the 6.2 ltr than I ever did out of my pos ecoboost.