Where do you guys turn your wrenches?

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
The place where I live all winter.

BTW: I do actually try too keep it this clean but its hard working with 3 other slobs. Also the office and bathroom arent built yet in these pictures. And the stereo system wasnt installed.

DSCN0363.jpg

DSCN0362.jpg

DSCN0361.jpg

DSCN0043.jpg

Last edited:

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
i forgot to add a little description.

Its an 80x60 Morton. 16' inside height at sides 20' in the middle. All steel is acoustisteel on the inside. Plywood is 3/4" sealed.

Lift is a Rotary S10i

The floor is heated with waste oil and wood backup, with a propane back up at a last resort if both of the others fail.

It is air conditioned in the summer.

The whole shop has WiFi, and a cell phone repeater

The stereo system is 6 flush mount speakers in the ceiling.

Doors are 1:24x16', 1:14x14': 1:12x14'

68skylark455

Larry the "Stroker"
Aug 7, 2008
Texas
www.larrysperformancepalace.com
picture.php

Here is our shop. This is where I do most things related to "work". I have done Jewells stuff here to be able to keep it inside.
My other "shop" is a 10' by 20' popup tent like shop I got from Sams club for $198. It has 4 windows, 2 big doors and a little walk in door. It works great but has one draw back. 70mph winds snap the poles pretty easy:mad:
Had it for about 3-4 months and got a high wind storm(tornado warning) and it broke 3 or 4 poles and bent it sideways. But I fixed it with some ratchet tie downs attached to my 68 skylark on one side and parked my suburban on the other for a leanto:thumb: works great.

Last edited:

Brayden

Jan 16, 2008
www.fleeceperformance.com
I hear you on the cell repeater.... Ordering one next week. Once we had the spray foam insulation on the walls, and the 18" of cellulose in the attic and metal in the cell reception went south very fast!

What repeater did you go with?

JD Dave

In way over my head
May 19, 2008
Caledon, Ontario
I hear you on the cell repeater.... Ordering one next week. Once we had the spray foam insulation on the walls, and the 18" of cellulose in the attic and metal in the cell reception went south very fast!

I didn't realize there was such a thing, I need one for my house and shop. I have to leave my phone beside the window and hang my head out to talk. What would a repeater cost?

JD Dave

In way over my head
May 19, 2008
Caledon, Ontario
i forgot to add a little description.

Its an 80x60 Morton. 16' inside height at sides 20' in the middle. All steel is acoustisteel on the inside. Plywood is 3/4" sealed.

Lift is a Rotary S10i

The floor is heated with waste oil and wood backup, with a propane back up at a last resort if both of the others fail.

It is air conditioned in the summer.

The whole shop has WiFi, and a cell phone repeater

The stereo system is 6 flush mount speakers in the ceiling.

Doors are 1:24x16', 1:14x14': 1:12x14'

Wow air conditioning on a shop that size, very nice. I might look into that I'm kind of getting tired of raisin bag. Your shop is extremly nice.:thumb:

lotsofmiles

Father of the Van
Dec 4, 2008
Michigan

I didn't realize there was such a thing, I need one for my house and shop. I have to leave my phone beside the window and hang my head out to talk. What would a repeater cost?

I have a wilson in the truck. I think they make a home one too

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood

Ours is heavily insulated as well. Even with the strongest phone you couldnt hold a call, but at least in some spots the phone would at least ring.

We got tired of going outside in the cold or heat to talk on the phone.

Went with the SOHO kit from wilson

http://www.repeaterstore.com/applications/large-building.html

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood

Ours was about $700. It covers 5,000 sq ft'. There are cheaper ones available. and more expensive ones.

Wow air conditioning on a shop that size, very nice. I might look into that I'm kind of getting tired of raisin bag. Your shop is extremly nice.:thumb:

Its gotta be the nicest thing ever.

And since our doors are never open it helps to keep the inside clean and dust free, which is nice for me and one of our other employees as we are both allergic to dust.

Last edited:

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
heck load your truck up and bring it over to do the motor. Well just take it up to curtis and have him work his magic on it. :thumb:

It sure beats our old shop.

I forgot to mention the lights an outlets. At night the lights can actually be a tad blinding, but its better to have too many then not enough. electrical outlets are double boxes every 5 feet. Will we need that many ever? No but theyre there.

Brayden

Jan 16, 2008
www.fleeceperformance.com
We're air conditioning 3260 sq/ft with 16' ceilings. Getting ready to add another 3000+ sq/ft but it probably won't be AC at first. We will definately put the radiant in the slab like our current building. It's the only way to go. Use spray insulation as much as possible because it cuts the air infiltration down to nothing.

Nice shops guys!

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
in floor radiant heat is the only way to go.

heck the other day I had both the 24' door and 14' door opened for moving stuff around, it took me a few minutes moving as quickly as i could and, a couple minutes later i was stripping down to a t shirt again.

A Million Garage Door openers are also a must. we dont have buttons outside for security reasons, but have openers in nearly every piece of equipment. helps to keep the shop cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Here's my 30x30 shop......:(

Attachments

• IMAG0106.jpg
    IMAG0106.jpg
    328 KB · Views: 171

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
The water is supposed to circulate IN the floor not on top of it:thumb:

But at least you do have the expensive part out of the way, or at least a big chunk of the cost, concrete aint cheap these days.

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
I don't have one and can't really afford to build one either. Maybe can later in the year.

How much additional cost to the concrete floor does it add to have the radiant floor heat? How much is a heater for that setup versus a conventional unit?

C-ya