Question: What's the most hp made on s400 frame turbo?

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
The problem with comparing these #'s is with a chassis dyno, there's always the corrected blah blahs and tire spinning no traction blah blah. Engine dyno is the only surefire way to get the actual numbers out of these setups. And sled pullers are mostly the ones investing the time and coin into doing it. So u don't hear the # from them so much.
Like I said, wait til Broviak chimes in. He's got a lot of time into tuning awesome s400 setups.

Dave c

Jul 7, 2013
I'd like to see that backed up at the track. I call bs

Have you seen the flow maps? They flow alot more than the 7 blade your used to. Actually they are making more power than the map indicates is possible.

The sxe 10 blades are very promising.

Dmax_Ben

Dec 7, 2016
The problem with comparing these #'s is with a chassis dyno, there's always the corrected blah blahs and tire spinning no traction blah blah. Engine dyno is the only surefire way to get the actual numbers out of these setups. And sled pullers are mostly the ones investing the time and coin into doing it. So u don't hear the # from them so much.
Like I said, wait til Broviak chimes in. He's got a lot of time into tuning awesome s400 setups.

Exactly right!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
Vendor/Sponsor
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
S400 frame record so far on my engine dyno is a StainlessDiesel S485/96 1.32ar at 1360hp. I'd also like to see them back that 1700hp single s400 at the track because I call bs too! To make 1700hp on my engine dyno as a single you better have a ProMod 91! Guess at some point I'll have to give an s488 a whirl and see what it does but I doubt it does anything close to that number! Three s400 will though for what it's worth!

Dmax_Ben

Dec 7, 2016
S400 frame record so far on my engine dyno is a StainlessDiesel S485/96 1.32ar at 1360hp. I'd also like to see them back that 1700hp single s400 at the track because I call bs too! To make 1700hp on my engine dyno as a single you better have a ProMod 91! Guess at some point I'll have to give an s488 a whirl and see what it does but I doubt it does anything close to that number! Three s400 will though for what it's worth!

Haha

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
Vendor/Sponsor
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
No offense guys but this ranks right up there with people calling up and telling me they are making 700+hp on a stock LML turbo, gtfo! Seriously I think people have lost there damn minds! Smallest turbo ever on a dmax and you honestly think it will make 150hp more than any of the previous models??? Back that shit up at the track or stfu!!! Merry Christmas!:thumb:

Dmax_Ben

Dec 7, 2016
No offense guys but this ranks right up there with people calling up and telling me they are making 700+hp on a stock LML turbo, gtfo! Seriously I think people have lost there damn minds! Smallest turbo ever on a dmax and you honestly think it will make 150hp more than any of the previous models??? Back that shit up at the track or stfu!!! Merry Christmas!:thumb:

They run out of efficient air at 600 don't they?

A. Stock Lbz

Aug 13, 2013
spokane wa
Have you seen the flow maps? They flow alot more than the 7 blade your used to. Actually they are making more power than the map indicates is possible.

The sxe 10 blades are very promising.

There is no way a 96mm turbine is going to support 1700+ hp. No way

skintback

Take this one to church
Mar 5, 2007
Florida

:spit: well said Mark

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
I'll have to get some proof then

You do that....

BTW, dynos are wonderful tuning tools. But if you lay down 1000rwhp on a dyno one day, and run an 11 second 1/4 mile the next, well.......... ;-)

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
You do that....

BTW, dynos are wonderful tuning tools. But if you lay down 1000rwhp on a dyno one day, and run an 11 second 1/4 mile the next, well.......... ;-)

Track prep sucks. You know it's impossible to hook with all that horsetorque. :spit:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
Vendor/Sponsor
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
You do that....

Exactly, and if you run an 11sec pass it better have ran the mph to back up the power claim or it's even more of slap in the face! Mph tells you what it should have ran and et is how well you did the job!

Dave c

Jul 7, 2013
There is a huge difference between engine power and tire power. The 1747hp was on a engine dyno, the rear wheel numbers at that acceleration level with a T case Allison trans and rear end would likely be around 350-400 hp. So 1300-1400 wheel power is what you'd expect out of the new 10 blade 88 sxe.

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
There is a huge difference between engine power and tire power. The 1747hp was on a engine dyno, the rear wheel numbers at that acceleration level with a T case Allison trans and rear end would likely be around 350-400 hp. So 1300-1400 wheel power is what you'd expect out of the new 10 blade 88 sxe.

You think the T-case, transmission, and rear end absorb 350-400 horsepower? What about the alternator Wade? I listen to my radio really loud so it takes lot of electricity. So it's probably taking another 200 horsepower also huh?

I think your dreaming.....

LBZ1991

Nov 21, 2014
Winfield, MO
:roflmao:
You think the T-case, transmission, and rear end absorb 350-400 horsepower? What about the alternator Wade? I listen to my radio really loud so it takes lot of electricity. So it's probably taking another 200 horsepower also huh?

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne

I believe it. Stock allison wont get power to the ground