Question: What's the most hp made on s400 frame turbo?

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
Vendor/Sponsor
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
I believe it. Stock allison wont get power to the ground

Sorry but I call bs to this also! Unless you have a trany that's slipping the Allison puts the power down fine. The difference between engine and tire power is not that much even at higher power levels. I did a motor setup on the engine dyno then stuffed it in the truck then ran it on my chassis dyno. The difference was 12-14% hp and 22-24%torque. Issues with the chassis dyno is you can't load them down the same and that's why the torque difference is much higher. The issue with an Allison is getting them to change gears fast enough. This year will definitely be a great year for them.

diesel-max

Haisley Never heard of her
Oct 20, 2011
IN
S400 frame record so far on my engine dyno is a StainlessDiesel S485/96 1.32ar at 1360hp. I'd also like to see them back that 1700hp single s400 at the track because I call bs too! To make 1700hp on my engine dyno as a single you better have a ProMod 91! Guess at some point I'll have to give an s488 a whirl and see what it does but I doubt it does anything close to that number! Three s400 will though for what it's worth!

I've been meaning to call and ask if you wanted to do a 88 vs. 85 shoot out...

dordtrecht5

Regular Cabs Rock
Jul 21, 2009
Wherever I am working
It's all fine and dandy to make some fun...but I prefer to keep my mouth shut and simply let a guy to find out if it works or not...and THEN bag

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

dordtrecht5

Regular Cabs Rock
Jul 21, 2009
Wherever I am working
Haha

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Ben, thick skin goes a long ways...just know that most,, if not all of these guys probably have 10x the experience. Broviak builds turbos for a living and owns a dyno...he's not right about everything,but when he is he loves to rub it in people's face. Just ask Fleece Performance.

Dave c

Jul 7, 2013
1747-14% is 1502. ....still nearly 250hp loss. Weight or resistance to movement will effect these figures a lot. The load on a chassis dyno can show huge difference in power loss, but most won't accept it because every dyno is different.

The more hp you make the more it looses. Acceleration takes hp. Now like I stated at the 1747 hp acceleration level it will consume more power before it gets to the wheels, Than a 1000hp acceleration rate will.

But that's my opinion. When one of you tries the turbo in question, tunes it and dyno's it. Then we can have a non speculation discussion.

Dmax_Ben

Dec 7, 2016
Ben, thick skin goes a long ways...just know that most,, if not all of these guys probably have 10x the experience. Broviak builds turbos for a living and owns a dyno...he's not right about everything,but when he is he loves to rub it in people's face. Just ask Fleece Performance.

I said haha to his comment getting a kick out of it. Not laughing at him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
1747-14% is 1502. ....still nearly 250hp loss. Weight or resistance to movement will effect these figures a lot. The load on a chassis dyno can show huge difference in power loss, but most won't accept it because every dyno is different.

The more hp you make the more it looses. Acceleration takes hp. Now like I stated at the 1747 hp acceleration level it will consume more power before it gets to the wheels, Than a 1000hp acceleration rate will.

But that's my opinion. When one of you tries the turbo in question, tunes it and dyno's it. Then we can have a non speculation discussion.
Acceleration takes power??? Wow... Another brilliant bit of wisdom passed down from ngm motorsports....

Seriously, what would the industry do without you?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
Anyone have any insight on getting good runs out of a large single? As far as driving and loading techniques? I dyno tuned a S480 single setup last week. Started the pull at 2200rpm in 5th gear and was able to get great consistent runs, even within 2hp & 3 lb-ft of each other. The problem is the charger would light so late in the run that the torque is not accurate because it was already past peak torque rpm. Basically​ is on the down swing of the torque curve by the time it lights. I wasn't worried about it at the time, just was looking for repeatability to tune. Horsepower was right on par with what it's capable of. I'm just wandering how to go about it. I didn't try to ride brakes or anything. Maybe start the run @ 1500 rpm and ease into it?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk