What to do?

sickdiesel

Apr 22, 2010
I bet you will pick up massive power with spray. with how smoky your truck is.

what charger are you going to now?? GTX4202?? :D

country lbz

Feb 28, 2013
Indiana
Pretty great read. Started from the beginning. Congrats on your very good times. If you don't mind would you post up your trucks mods? If you don't want everyone to see would you mind pm'ing them to me. If neither are good for you then just tell me eff off!! At any rate. Times are impressive.:thumb:

Magnus

Jun 22, 2013
A lot of the nitrous gain is from the intercooling effects even if there's no extra fuel to burn, and the more restrictive (stock) your engine is the bigger your gains will be. Running a big single towards the fringe of its compressor map feeding a stock Y bridge and stock heads means nitrous is your friend even without extra fuel.

If you have a two stage setup try a .40ish nozzle before the intercooler for a big air density boost and one sized to clean up your unburnt fuel feeding in towards the Y bridge. I helped put a NX two stage in a 6.4 like this and the gain from just the density boosting small jet is unbelievable. Optimizing air mass flow with a low pressure and high density is huge for those guys because of their S***** 10-studs-per-cylinder-bank engine design. They'll float a head if they try to run crazy high boost, but if they set everything up efficiently and get a huge mass flow at 55psi they run like a raped ape.

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Well after this weekend smoke show trying to spool my POS im pulling off my 1.10 housing and going to run the .90 that Evan lent me. Tired of the smoke. Going to back the fuel off up top and see if it helps any. I am impressed with the 128 traps, but I need to get out of the hole harder.

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
I noticed how long you sat at the line on the time slip you posted but didn't comment lol.

Yeah.. :eek:

Gunna hurt the trans doing that, so I pulled the tune out and put a 12.5 tune back in. Easier to drive around and not a smoke trailer everywhere I go.
With the amount of fuel your running and nitous I'd say step up to a 87mm turbine and .90ar

I agree, but Ive been talking to Alligator and they are going to build me a gate off the up-pipes and a discharge tube kinda of like PPE Dan's. I am willing to give that a shot. I know if I continue to spray a little bit of nitrous it's going to need it. The MPH difference I saw was right at a 130hp shot.