What did you do to your home/shop today?

jlawles2

Jan 28, 2010
Danbury, TX
Finally done with the bedroom. :) Took 3 tries and 4 weeks of waiting, but Menards finally sent the correct laminate floor T-moulding trim to us. :hehe:

Jeld-Wen sent me parts 3x over the course of MONTHS under warranty. Finally told them that if they could to figure out what the built for me, how could they possibly fix it. Also told them my "CUSTOM" door bypassed the QA department because there was more wrong with it than right. Also had to tell them that the parts I needed should be out there because the door had one, and no production assembler was going to waste time modifying a part to make it fir for a door seal. Warranty, QA, and Management needed to review al of my calls and pictures then go out to assembly and get the parts I need to fix their F^(* up.

Poltergeist

Ghost in the Machine
Aug 1, 2006
Ontario, Calif.
www.poltergeist.us
Got the countertops put in yesterday. A few more things to do to the cabinets and the backsplash will be after that.

attachment.php

Attachments

• counter tops done.jpg
    counter tops done.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 187

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
8560d1a39164793966c11d457418086f.jpg

d4582291d6143307ab84c2b8ed6b3469.jpg

4773ffe51f7ef710bd0a88452a9da09b.jpg

99% done. Momma has to figure out a mirror and I have a couple joints left to caulk but I’m going to have my guys color match a couple tubes to the wall paint before doing so.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Got it up before Xmas!!! Lucky the wife could help me out some. It would of been a though one by myself.
6d6be5a92856e05b3a67422df89f4cf6.jpg
1be658ebf93beb3a571b37ece9bb47ba.jpg
45a4c797cb22b7f2ebe434def73bb837.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
So I guess the kids will have a new brother or sister in about 9 months, Dozer? :roflmao:

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
About 6-8 weeks ago someone dumped 5 jack Russell tarriers about 4 miles from my house.. about that time someone start bedding down in my old LMM dual bed.. Thanksgiving dog warden caught two at the end of my driveway.. heard a 3rd caught a car.. caught sight of who was bedding in my bed.. last week.. found her.. so started baiting her with cheap dog food from DG
49188500_10216661047452169_3012235593192046592_n.jpg

Caught her Sunday afternoon...scared dehydrated hungry.. everyone is saying I need a truck dog lol.. I don't need one that trys to bolt Everytime I open the door..and since I live alone.... I have no one to watch her... figured I'd let her hang out till after the holidays..
Took her to get bath at the barn... This was after
48962022_10216647528354200_4868167051434262528_o.jpg

She's coming around.. IDK if she'll come around fast enough to ride in a truck.. got couple people interested in taking her
Seams puppy Mills like to dumped dogs going into the holidays

Last edited:

Novak

SQUIRREL TRYN TO GET A NUT
Jun 15, 2015
Cloud 9, IDAHO
About 6-8 weeks ago someone dumped 5 jack Russell tarriers about 4 miles from my house.. about that time someone start bedding down in my old LMM dual bed.. Thanksgiving dog warden caught two at the end of my driveway.. heard a 3rd caught a car.. caught sight of who was bedding in my bed.. last week.. found her.. so started baiting her with cheap dog food from DG
49188500_10216661047452169_3012235593192046592_n.jpg

Caught her Sunday afternoon...scared dehydrated hungry.. everyone is saying I need a truck dog lol.. I don't need one that trys to bolt Everytime I open the door..and since I live alone.... I have no one to watch her... figured I'd let her hang out till after the holidays..
Took her to get bath at the barn... This was after
48962022_10216647528354200_4868167051434262528_o.jpg

She's coming around.. IDK if she'll come around fast enough to ride in a truck.. got couple people interested in taking her
Seams puppy Mills like to dumped dogs going into the holidays

Mighty big of you though! Props to ya! I had a few Jack Russel’s growing up and they are pretty smart, hard to break the timid behavior but they came become extremely loyal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
Mighty big of you though! Props to ya! I had a few Jack Russel’s growing up and they are pretty smart, hard to break the timid behavior but they came become extremely loyal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I haven't had a dog since I joined the Navy in 2000..had a rescue Greyhound.. it would be nice to have one.. but my life style really hasn't allowed much time for one, and couping it up in a truck ~250 days a year with me.. IMO is kinda dis-service to them.. plus alot of hotels aren't dog friendly anymore

jlawles2

Jan 28, 2010
Danbury, TX
I haven't had a dog since I joined the Navy in 2000..had a rescue Greyhound.. it would be nice to have one.. but my life style really hasn't allowed much time for one, and couping it up in a truck ~250 days a year with me.. IMO is kinda dis-service to them.. plus a lot of hotels aren't dog friendly anymore

Claim it's a service dog. You are a Navy Vet, they make concessions for former military and their service animals.

jlawles2

Jan 28, 2010
Danbury, TX
I think you missed the point I was trying to make...
I'm not broke enough to warrant pulling the service dog card

We deal with a lot of OTR truck drivers at work. Most of them have sleepers which is a bit of a help, but I understand you in not wanting to put an animal through the long distances between stops.

Should you ever choose to take on a service animal for company, its always an option to register it as s service animal to help with it being accepted in the numerous locations you travel though.

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
We deal with a lot of OTR truck drivers at work. Most of them have sleepers which is a bit of a help, but I understand you in not wanting to put an animal through the long distances between stops.

Should you ever choose to take on a service animal for company, its always an option to register it as s service animal to help with it being accepted in the numerous locations you travel though.
This will probably come off harsh...
I'm am an abled body person on the civilian side... I got injury when active duty they tried to fix me and couldn't get me well enough to meet the physical requirements that a service member needs to meet... IMO me pulling the PTSD/I need a service dog cards when I have/need neither cheapens the ones that legitimate do..
For me it's the same as people whining about they are/have depression/anxiety/suicidal and doing it to get attention.. it cheapens the position for the ones that actually have been or are.. and I really detest people that are such manipulative individuals..

The reason for the three main threads I have on here.. was to document what I did...and information consolidation... And if someone wanted to follow what I did or improve upon it.. it's there... Been accused of using it as a "hey look as me" they obviously don't know me lol

jlawles2

Jan 28, 2010
Danbury, TX
I greatly appreciate your service. I know several people that have been injured while active. The ones I know are like you and have learned to live with what harsh memories they live with. Yes I agree that way too many people play the "I need an animal at my side all the time" way too much. It's to the point down here where we live that you almost cannot go into any store with out seeing at least one animal roaming the isles with its owner, lots of them appear to be younger never seen the inside of a recruitment office type, much less boot camp or deployment.

For those that truly need a service animal, I wish them the best of friends to help them through the days. I also hope that those who have served and are currently dealing with the PTSD or other memories without the use of service animals continue on down the recovered road as its not an easy one to travel. In the event they should ever need assistance, I hope that either myself or someone else in the country who appreciates their service can help.

I do enjoy reading your post about the accomplishments of being a self employed (owner operator) driver. I hate to hear when you have issues with any of the trucks that keep you working for yourself. Please continue to keep us updated with the accomplishments of the Mutt as its been an interesting project.

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
Probably be dropping her of at a friend's rescue.. or track down the rescue that took the other JRTs that where caught month ago.. took her for a ride around town.. she road well.. outside trying to escape every time I opened a window or door.. she's little better on a leash, it's simpler just to Carry her..
Had her around my brother's dogs one being a 150lb mut other is a ~20lb Pitt/healer mix puppy.. did well outside puppy wanted to play and she didn't..
Seams she's more of a hot mess than I have time for to unravel... unfortunately..

Poltergeist

Ghost in the Machine
Aug 1, 2006
Ontario, Calif.
www.poltergeist.us
Got the backsplashes done in the kitchen. I think the backsplashes came out OK. I know there are guys on here that will cringe at them but I've also seen some pro jobs that were a lot worst so what the hell.

Still need to put the handles on the cabinets.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• backsplash.jpg
    backsplash.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 243
  • after backsplash.jpg
    after backsplash.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 252

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Looks fine most people probably won’t notice. I’ve put down over 1000sq’ of tile in my house so far and I still ain’t happy with some of my results. Especially when it comes to grouting.

If you want some tips on the next one there is a tilling forum called John Bridge Tile and stone. There are picture threads on there that makes you realize those guys ain’t just tile installers there artist.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Poltergeist

Ghost in the Machine
Aug 1, 2006
Ontario, Calif.
www.poltergeist.us
Looks fine most people probably won’t notice. I’ve put down over 1000sq’ of tile in my house so far and I still ain’t happy with some of my results. Especially when it comes to grouting.

If you want some tips on the next one there is a tilling forum called John Bridge Tile and stone. There are picture threads on there that makes you realize those guys ain’t just tile installers there artist.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Familiar with that forum. Yeah some of the pics I've seen there blow me away.

And I know 99% of people won't notice. But I see all my mistakes from 10ft away. But that's true with most of what I do.