What did you do at work today?

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
OK, forget the exotic animals.....today I got a chance to check out a '63 Split Window Vette. Hol-ee shit.

Dark Blue, blue interior, white walls/pietins, 40,000ish miles....absolutely gorgeous car. The owner has had it 31 years.

I was so starry-eyed and amazed I forgot to take a damn pic. :roflmao: But it looked like this one:
1963-Corvette-split-window-coupe-navy-blue-met-rvl.jpg

Unbelievable.

six5creed

Jan 6, 2016
N.C.
OK, forget the exotic animals.....today I got a chance to check out a '63 Split Window Vette. Hol-ee shit.

Dark Blue, blue interior, white walls/pietins, 40,000ish miles....absolutely gorgeous car. The owner has had it 31 years.

I was so starry-eyed and amazed I forgot to take a damn pic. :roflmao: But it looked like this one:
1963-Corvette-split-window-coupe-navy-blue-met-rvl.jpg

Unbelievable.
A friend of mine buys and sells old cars, he found an all original split window last year close by that had been sitting in a barn close to 20 years. He bought it as is where is for $50K and made money on it. He said it had been listed for 45 minutes when he saw it and went right then to look at it and the guys phone never stopped ringing while he was there.

Novak

SQUIRREL TRYN TO GET A NUT
Jun 15, 2015
Cloud 9, IDAHO
Get ya a governor pressure solenoid and sensor and internal filter.

Very common crap on those

Yea I'm not impressed with it.
After a lot of troubleshooting I threw on a TPS and then adjusted the TV cable to help lock up. It's good now but being as they are it will probably come back once the solenoid takes a sh*t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

02greysixer

Jun 4, 2011
North Central FL
Started on a 2017 powerstroke fuel system yesterday. 6 months old and 10k miles. Fuel tank had about a quart of water in it so no warranty. Injectors are dropping out one at a time. Piezo stacks shorting to the case and setting circuit codes. Surprisingly the cp4 hasn't died yet. It's getting replaced anyway though.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

six5creed

Jan 6, 2016
N.C.
Finally got some decals made and finished this carryall for the tractor. I built it about 15 years ago and it was green. Got a Ford tractor now so decided to stop the rust and repaint it.

WVRigrat05

Wound for sound
Jan 1, 2011
French Creek, West Virginia
Started on a 2017 powerstroke fuel system yesterday. 6 months old and 10k miles. Fuel tank had about a quart of water in it so no warranty. Injectors are dropping out one at a time. Piezo stacks shorting to the case and setting circuit codes. Surprisingly the cp4 hasn't died yet. It's getting replaced anyway though.

Does the water in fuel light come on with that little of water? Kind of think it's horseshit those fuel systems can't handle a little water.

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach

Damit man! That sucks...

02greysixer

Jun 4, 2011
North Central FL
Does the water in fuel light come on with that little of water? Kind of think it's horseshit those fuel systems can't handle a little water.
I never saw the light on no. I only drained a tablespoon or so from the WIF drain on the filter when it came in. It is very weird. I worked on this truck the past 3 days. Treated just like a normal cp4 failure job, drain tank, clean tank, flush lines etc but with such a small amount of water in it I didn't think it would be necessary to replace the rails. Wrong. After 2 new injectors dropped out on my test drive I replaced the rails. Then #8 dropped out again kind of at a loss at this point.
Damit man! That sucks...
Tell me about it, same fuel system as my truck minus the filters

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
I never saw the light on no. I only drained a tablespoon or so from the WIF drain on the filter when it came in. It is very weird. I worked on this truck the past 3 days. Treated just like a normal cp4 failure job, drain tank, clean tank, flush lines etc but with such a small amount of water in it I didn't think it would be necessary to replace the rails. Wrong. After 2 new injectors dropped out on my test drive I replaced the rails. Then #8 dropped out again kind of at a loss at this point. Tell me about it, same fuel system as my truck minus the filters

I was thinking about one, but this is the 2nd one I've heard about...