What did you do at work today?

lutzjk913

May 5, 2010
groveport, ohio
No mullet but if you ask him he's the best at everything. Not 100% sure on mods honestly. I heard from another guy I work with he thought it had some engine mods. But to me it sounds stock. No cam lope at all. Even the exhaust sounds factory. I'll have to ask him tomorrow. He claims he raced his cousin who has an 02 ccsb. He owns a local diesel shop. Bigger injectors and turbo (no clue what size) and built trans. Runs 8.6 in the 1/8th. Claims he waxed him. No clue what the facts are tho. He was all over a guy at the supply house as he is every day as the guy there is a mustang fan and he's Chevy to the core. I waked up and said I'll race you for pinks. He studdered and said nah wouldn't be fair to ya and walked off. I said yeahhhh maybe on top end

We have a guy like that at work also. Best at everything and has done it all.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Well I got roped into working tonight. Got a call 3:00pm from customer that one of his properties flooded and he needed the basement pumped out. No big pumps left to rent or buy in town. We got 6 small ones from the shop. My truck way on the left of the pic would of been sitting in 2' of water.

72682f9a33d3dd5bc8775dee6b760ef9.jpg

Waters down 3' from where we started.

fb195165d86b95beb07ea8a93759945d.jpg

They just got done spending $2 million replacing the chillers and a bunch other components in the basement. All of it is trash now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Did you just post "down 3 FEET"?!?!?!?!

And there's still that much? Holee shit!

Oh, here's another name I remember from long ago....rolloffhill. IIRC, he was in Conroe. Wonder what he is up to nowadays.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Yep it was at the top of the door when we started. I would guess the basement was full so 12' of water. The sumps in the basement must have dropped the water 3'-4' before they gave up. They estimated there was over 1,000,000 gallons of water in the basement when we got here. I'm guessing we are pumping 1000gals a minute.

This building is right next to a bayou that looks like it was 4' over the banks. Several flooded house over here too.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Roll was in DFW I think. TXChristopher the guy who sued GM and won for the LLYs overheating is here. His buddies Rttoys, and Leadfootduramax. There is also a guy by the name of Dangerous Duramax among a few other of us that used to get it together if you times a year. Life happens though when we all lost touch. These are all guys from the glory days of Diesel place. We all got together for the first time I think when the Diesel place traveling jug was making the rounds.

jlawles2

Jan 28, 2010
Danbury, TX
1,000,000 gallons of water is a whole bunch. At 1,000 GPM initial thats a long time. How much will those pumps drop off as suction increases or head increases?

Where in Houston is that? I bet there are a lot of buildings around town that need pumping out. Several hospitals I think. Don't really know since we stopped watching the news Tuesday when we left the house.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
1,000,000 gallons of water is a whole bunch. At 1,000 GPM initial thats a long time. How much will those pumps drop off as suction increases or head increases?

Where in Houston is that? I bet there are a lot of buildings around town that need pumping out. Several hospitals I think. Don't really know since we stopped watching the news Tuesday when we left the house.
1000 was just my best guess with past experiences not the pumps ratings. I don't trust those ratings for much. There are to many variable that affect the rating. Like how much trash is coming out with this water slowing the pump down. Took 19 hrs to mostly drain the building.

This building is across the street from Brays Bayou. We have some building to pump out in the Energy Corridor north of Barker Reservoir.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

jlawles2

Jan 28, 2010
Danbury, TX
Yeah there is a lot of water to move in Houston. Stay safe dealing with all of this stuff. I know you treat all of the water like raw sewage to keep safe.:)

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Sewage... ya some people can't seem to wrap there head around the fact this isn't like pumping rainwater off job sites like we normally do.

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
Yeah. He's also an army guy so he's got that cocky yes sir no sir thing going on too. Pretty annoying lol so is 8.6 about right for a mildly built duramax?

No, a max effort tune/trans/lift pump truck will run 8.0s-8.1s easily. That's ccsb and assuming healthy fuel system.

six5creed

Jan 6, 2016
N.C.
Took this jack plate apart for a customer so he can replace the motor. He said he didn't have the right tools to take it apart. I figured out he didn't have a torch to heat the 1/2" stainless flat head bolts so the loctite would release, that's some good stuff!

Novak

SQUIRREL TRYN TO GET A NUT
Jun 15, 2015
Cloud 9, IDAHO
a45cf7780904bf0380adf1d0d5a2c33d.jpg

Got this heap in my shop. Typical 47RH violently locking and unlocking. Already has the noise cancelling wire for the converter so I adjust the throttle cable for the trans shift and I'm gonna try that out next tonight. Little side cash never hurts!

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
I SAW BUFFALO!!! UP CLOSE!!! :roflmao:

When I really think about it, I have a heck of an interesting route. Great people, great area.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
a45cf7780904bf0380adf1d0d5a2c33d.jpg

Got this heap in my shop. Typical 47RH violently locking and unlocking. Already has the noise cancelling wire for the converter so I adjust the throttle cable for the trans shift and I'm gonna try that out next tonight. Little side cash never hurts!

Get ya a governor pressure solenoid and sensor and internal filter.

Very common crap on those