What did you do at work today?

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
I literally paint and redipped 4 dash pieces to a 46' Pontiac 3 times for a guy in 3 days. I just told him each time was billed like a new job without clear coat and he was like "oh well"

I would love to have the silver dash/steering wheel pieces on the Cruze dipped in the old-school Denali blackwood design. The silver just doesnt go with the black interior.

Ive had to drive my old 6.7 Cummins/Allison truck this past week while my regular truck gets new rear springs and parking brake. Damn thing still regen's ALL THE TIME! They never fixed it or had the tuning updated to de-rate the fueling.
The Allison's shift schedule is also modified during regen so it acts sort of like tow/haul mode, holding gears longer and downshifting abruptly to keep RPMs up. Makes the truck very unsafe to drive, esp when slowing for turns or on gravel roads. All that emissions gear had no business being installed on delivery trucks.

caseih03

Dec 12, 2016
Too bad they outsourced the center section to Korea. I here the turbos longevity and reliability were sidelined for extra profit. One more reason I like my LML...

The electronic actuator has caused some issues, but I do like the old turbo over this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Novak

SQUIRREL TRYN TO GET A NUT
Jun 15, 2015
Cloud 9, IDAHO
I would love to have the silver dash/steering wheel pieces on the Cruze dipped in the old-school Denali blackwood design. The silver just doesnt go with the black interior.

Ive had to drive my old 6.7 Cummins/Allison truck this past week while my regular truck gets new rear springs and parking brake. Damn thing still regen's ALL THE TIME! They never fixed it or had the tuning updated to de-rate the fueling.
The Allison's shift schedule is also modified during regen so it acts sort of like tow/haul mode, holding gears longer and downshifting abruptly to keep RPMs up. Makes the truck very unsafe to drive, esp when slowing for turns or on gravel roads. All that emissions gear had no business being installed on delivery trucks.

I've been dragging my feet on my truck, I wanted to try out an off white wood grain since the rest of the truck is "stone white" leather and doors and such.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
No work thanks to Harvey going stir crazy but we are all safe and I'm getting some projects worked on.

Some before and afters.
953362f00c5b281536e2114eedee6aac.jpg
27a53acc73ae2c5a64bc1c7edf047961.jpg
df5039b0a9f36d9d05819e1e152884b3.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

TheBac

Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
That be a lot of water. Wow.

You guys can chalk up another "weird animal day" for me today.

Customer has a new

-- wait for it --

pet turkey. No, Im not kidding.

Damn thing acts like a dog, too. Must be about an 18lbs Butterball under all those feathers.

I asked if his name was "Thanksgiving" or "Christmas".:roflmao: It wasnt either one.

jlawles2

Jan 28, 2010
Danbury, TX
Today work was closed B/C of Harvey. Been sitting in the house since friday afternoon waiting on flood waters to enter through the weep holes in the bricks AGAIN. Flooded in April of this year and luckily have not had the floors put in yet (were supposed to start friday). Its now midnight and if the rain stops now, we will have missed it by about 1 inch.

If we can make it through tonight, we may be in the clear. Been very fortunate to not be in the same situation most of Houston seems to be in even though I am south of Houston.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Good luck Jlawles. Bare the rise of the Bayous I think our house will be spared. I hope you have found some nice tile to put down. One thing has been clear the last few years anything on the first floor need to survive flooding in this area.

jlawles2

Jan 28, 2010
Danbury, TX
Good luck Jlawles. Bare the rise of the Bayous I think our house will be spared. I hope you have found some nice tile to put down. One thing has been clear the last few years anything on the first floor need to survive flooding in this area.

Found a nice porcelain hand scraped tile that looks like natural stone, and a nice carpet. Neither has been installed and looks like it will be on the back burner for a while now.

At the rate things around here are changing, almost need a piece of property with a 10' levee around it. If I thought Aqua Dam's would have been needed, I would have bought some. Right now water level is at 4" and I think its still coming up. rain has finally stopped and should give us some relief.

Moved the 23' camper out of the drive about 5:30 and up to main street where its dry. Looks like that is going to be sleeping quarters for the next couple of months. Was looking forward to vacation in September (2 weeks away from the office). Looks like I am staying home and working on all of the messed up stuff here. :(

TheBac

Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Good luck guys. One of my step-sisters and her son live in the Woodlands.
My step-mom hasnt said anything about how they are doing.
I hope you all make out ok in the end.

While Im thinking about it, I wonder how Trey is doing? His practice was in Houston, wasnt it? Been a long time since I talked to him.

jlawles2

Jan 28, 2010
Danbury, TX
Woodlands have been hit or miss on the flooding. Spring creek (not sure if that is the one) that runs through there also affects my brother on the east side of I45 from the woodlands.

Basically the little town I live in is split on the flooding. Best guess is 25%-35% (not certain on the other side of main street) is flooded. 3 streets completely flooded 4th partially and there are only 5 streets in our quadrant of town.

In April when we got 1/2" of water in the house (10" rain in 4 hrs) the road stopped the water from getting out and water was flowing backyard to front. This time, water was flowing front yard to back. There is a little Bayou that drains the area and it must have backwatered from what it drains into.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
I haven't talked to Trey since he got his rid of his LBZ for a Ford. He lived and praticed in Pearland IIRC an area that normaly floods, but flooding can be block by block too. He was a good guy helped me out a ton when my move here went south.

The thing about Houston is its flat and huge. Around 5 milion people. The "Houston area" is pretty much 100 miles from north-south and east-west. I'm only 126' over sea level but I'm almost 100 miles from the Gulf.

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
Not exactly something I did at work but a cocky guy I work with who owns nothing but the best (his opinion of course) and who can put drive anyone (also his opinion) tell me his pretty much stock 95 z28 can outrun my truck. And said he outran another 02 that's got a bigger turbo. Maybe on top end but no way off the line lol

Kamilmk

Aug 13, 2015
Seymour, CT
Not exactly something I did at work but a cocky guy I work with who owns nothing but the best (his opinion of course) and who can put drive anyone (also his opinion) tell me his pretty much stock 95 z28 can outrun my truck. And said he outran another 02 that's got a bigger turbo. Maybe on top end but no way off the line lol
Bet he's rocking the best mullet, too. (In his opinion)

What does "pretty much stock" mean anyway? Did he tell you the mods?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
Bet he's rocking the best mullet, too. (In his opinion)

What does "pretty much stock" mean anyway? Did he tell you the mods?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

No mullet but if you ask him he's the best at everything. Not 100% sure on mods honestly. I heard from another guy I work with he thought it had some engine mods. But to me it sounds stock. No cam lope at all. Even the exhaust sounds factory. I'll have to ask him tomorrow. He claims he raced his cousin who has an 02 ccsb. He owns a local diesel shop. Bigger injectors and turbo (no clue what size) and built trans. Runs 8.6 in the 1/8th. Claims he waxed him. No clue what the facts are tho. He was all over a guy at the supply house as he is every day as the guy there is a mustang fan and he's Chevy to the core. I waked up and said I'll race you for pinks. He studdered and said nah wouldn't be fair to ya and walked off. I said yeahhhh maybe on top end