What did you do at work today?

AZlml

Jun 5, 2016
Goodyear, AZ
Yea it's hell for everyone in the warehouses too. They have raffles and prizes and give out food and drinks just to help keep people motivated to stay at work (or come to work) because no one likes dealing with it haha.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Just wait until next week then! Monday should be normal but Tuesday on will be hell for delivery companies. I think our record last year was about 65 million packages in a 24 hour period for the US buildings. You should be busy :hug:

Im just tired of huge days all the time. We need to hire more people. Summer used to be about "recharging the batteries" until next peak season....now its "peak" all the time.

Yeah, people are going to buy an exceptional amount of stuff on Tuesday, but we wont see it until Thursday. Maybe I'll hold off on buying those parts for the Cruze I was looking at til then.

Again, we appreciate the business. :thumb:

BTW, are you in a position to do ANYTHING about Amazon's new habit of only putting people's first names (or cutesee-pie pet names) on the shipping labels? It makes for a hell of a time for us in trying to find people if the address is wrong (or not complete).
I personally wish there was more separation on the label between our 1Z barcode and your inventory barcode underneath it at the bottom of the label, too.

AZlml

Jun 5, 2016
Goodyear, AZ
BTW, are you in a position to do ANYTHING about Amazon's new habit of only putting people's first names (or cutesee-pie pet names) on the shipping labels? It makes for a hell of a time for us in trying to find people if the address is wrong (or not complete).
I personally wish there was more separation on the label between our 1Z barcode and your inventory barcode underneath it at the bottom of the label, too.

I work on 200+ electric forklifts, conveyors, tapers, box makers, etc.. but I can definitely ask and get an answer for you. I didn't know they started doing that but my guess would be the customer inputting their info like that, or lack of info.. I know different carriers have labels set up slightly different i'll see if other carriers are separated better. From what I understood was the carrier sets up how the layout of the shipping label is.

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
Got given warehouse manager position to go along with showroom manager. Then the purchaser gave me a 484 page report to go through and find 150-200 products give or take out of the 3k products on the report. After that I get to set all the min-max for those items and zero out the other 2800. FML I got a shitty day ahead of me

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Celebrated (?) 32 years with the company today. 10 years give-or-take to go. I must be nuts. :hehe:

Dont worry about it, AZ.

lts1ow

Needs moar PAH!
May 14, 2012
NJ
Getting slammed cause upper echelon signed us up for a contract that they knew would suck. Signed us up for crap we have never done and then expect it to work the first time so they can ship the shipsets as fast as they can build em.

Management, sigh.