What did you do at work today?

jlawles2

Jan 28, 2010
Danbury, TX
Was the 550 Grove the one with what looked like a bent Luffer? Had one on a job site about 10 years ago, looked strange to see just the bent suffer sticking up over the corner of the hill.

Most of the operators I work with like the LTM's better than Groves and Demag's. LTM's Y-guy is a lot easier to put on from what i have seen. Also easier to put buffer on the LTM's.

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
Yea having done both the ltm is hands down a better machine. The grove had an offset for the luff. And yes the liebherr is way easier to install the superlift attachment vs the groves megawing. Never played with the terex demag.

Brian did they Southwest buy that grove new or did they buy it at auction. Place I used to work at, Energy Transportation Inc. Sold out to NCSG from Canada and they auctioned everything. NCSG bought some of it but alot of it left. I think both the Grove GMK 550 left.

Being said a grove GMK 6350 is a stout crane but liebherr cranes of similar size usually small seem to eat those grove machines chart wise.

Man I miss doing that stuff...Brian more picture so I can live vicariously

Pure Diesel

Apr 22, 2008
Ventura County
Installed a $4,500.00 toilet for a customer on Friday. Told him I would never get the return on something like this, because I don't stay on it long enough for the return investment.:roflmao:

NinjaMax

WTF!
Oct 3, 2012
Severance, Colorado
Installed a $4,500.00 toilet for a customer on Friday. Told him I would never get the return on something like this, because I don't stay on it long enough for the return investment.:roflmao:

What could this shitter possibly have for that price? I mean...sit down..shit...leave..? Made out of panda fur or what?

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Yea having done both the ltm is hands down a better machine. The grove had an offset for the luff. And yes the liebherr is way easier to install the superlift attachment vs the groves megawing. Never played with the terex demag.

Brian did they Southwest buy that grove new or did they buy it at auction. Place I used to work at, Energy Transportation Inc. Sold out to NCSG from Canada and they auctioned everything. NCSG bought some of it but alot of it left. I think both the Grove GMK 550 left.

Being said a grove GMK 6350 is a stout crane but liebherr cranes of similar size usually small seem to eat those grove machines chart wise.

Man I miss doing that stuff...Brian more picture so I can live vicariously

Believe we bought this 550 new in 2008. Yeah the lifter always has a min 10* offset in it, sometimes more. I forget what our chart was and the radius but we were good for 21k lbs at like 295'. Our brand new 1300 Lienherr showed up on friday, we are going after all the tilt panel jobs which is what those cranes love. The Kobelco 250 tons can do if, but gotta be right up close to them. Not sure if southwest has plans to get Lienherr mobile cranes, we had a 100 ton unit, and it was overkill. I have some bad ass pictures on my iPad from my Denver tilt panel job with the 1300, I'll try and upload them.

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
We did a small tilt panel in garden city, Kansas with LTR 1220...that's a pretty sweet little crane just hate how slow it cables up and down. Be interested to see those pictures. I'll have to find some of mine, hopefully I can retrieve them off my SD card that the phone said it wiped

Pure Diesel

Apr 22, 2008
Ventura County
It does everything. Heated seat, bidet function, back side function, air dry your bung, automatic seat/lid open and closing with remote control. It flushes and cleans the toilet automatically. The inside of this thing looks more complicated than our trucks engine compartment.

six5creed

Jan 6, 2016
N.C.
It does everything. Heated seat, bidet function, back side function, air dry your bung, automatic seat/lid open and closing with remote control. It flushes and cleans the toilet automatically. The inside of this thing looks more complicated than our trucks engine compartment.
That doesn't even sound like a good experience to me, it's like a touch-less car wash, no matter how many times you go through it you always have that film that only a good hand job will get off.

six5creed

Jan 6, 2016
N.C.
I am talking about scrubbing your bottom with your hand and toilet paper or a wash cloth, not what you took it to!

02greysixer

Jun 4, 2011
North Central FL
fa08f7eb8da02dcc8bfe04a45eba6369.jpg
ebfc8e415eef8e9274f4d130e64fb9b3.jpg

Came in for a miss, found it

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

six5creed

Jan 6, 2016
N.C.
Customer who builds hot rods brought these in and said make them look like the sample. He's putting a V12 in something.
77fa908d85e21bd927fef9e4738917e3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 7 using Tapatalk