What did you do at work today?

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Thanks guys. We don't know wtf is going on. I am losing faith in our medical system. Doctors don't take the time to diagnose and treat....just give a pill and send home. We are waiting on blood, urine and poo tests. At least UofM is trying to figure it out for us.

whitetrash21

put on da damn helmet day
Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
lol I am self employed and set tile all day everyday.. your fireplace turned out good though man!

I'm waiting on one of your kind right now to finish so I can get final and inspection:D. That shower turned out nice....I'm kinda partial to the different size bands. Breaks things up.

Sitting in a hospital waiting room right now while our daughter is being seen and having tests run.

Best wishes Tom....hope everything turns out ok

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Lol yeah I get a lot of shit about my job. Even my wife gives me shit about being on my knees all day. Happy bday btw!

Well I make caulk for a living so I know how it goes lmao. I manage and run Spectrum Mfg Corp. we make "Spectrum's siliconized acrylic latex caulk" that matches all the major grout Mfg and also grout stains. It's a family business of ours (as bad as that sounds lmao). My mom use to answer the phones as "spectrum caulk" way back in the early years. After a year of giggles on the other side after answering, we no longer answer that way :D

Thanks guys. We don't know wtf is going on. I am losing faith in our medical system. Doctors don't take the time to diagnose and treat....just give a pill and send home. We are waiting on blood, urine and poo tests. At least UofM is trying to figure it out for us.

Damn tom! That's not good to hear. Truely hope they get her figured out!

Josh154

Sep 28, 2015
Sioux Falls SD
Well I make caulk for a living so I know how it goes lmao. I manage and run Spectrum Mfg Corp. we make "Spectrum's siliconized acrylic latex caulk" that matches all the major grout Mfg and also grout stains. It's a family business of ours (as bad as that sounds lmao). My mom use to answer the phones as "spectrum caulk" way back in the early years. After a year of giggles on the other side after answering, we no longer answer that way :D

That's pretty cool man I just checked the website out! I typically use all mapei and schluter products. Used to be a big tec guy till schluter would no longer warranty their products if tec thinsets were used.

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
That's pretty cool man I just checked the website out! I typically use all mapei and schluter products. Used to be a big tec guy till schluter would no longer warranty their products if tec thinsets were used.

That's interesting. Don't see why the thinset would affect anything for warranty. We've been hearing/seeing some quality issues with Mapei grout colors. For one, their chip kit and chart don't match each other worth a damn and the grout colors are somewhere between the two. 95% of the people never notice the difference, it's that 5% that really make it known lol. Customs and Tec are by far much more consistent and match where they are suppose to

TheBac

Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan

I did not know your family's business. Pretty cool.

Thanks bud. She's been admitted so we're staying overnight, at least. 3 emergency room visits in 3 hospitals over 3 days without any solutions posited will give you a bad opinion, but u of m is taking this seriously, thank goodness. It's an intestinal issue, and came on suddenly which is why we're here and so concerned.

Last edited:

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I did not know your family's business. Pretty cool.

Thanks bud. She's been admitted so we're staying overnight, at least. 3 emergency room visits in 3 hospitals over 3 days without any solutions posited will give you a bad opinion, but u of m is taking this seriously, thank goodness. It's an intestinal issue, and came on suddenly which is why we're here and so concerned.

Yeah never really had a reason to post about it here. Funny how far my second job is from Spectrum (working on chevys/tuning)

TheBac

Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Yeah never really had a reason to post about it here. Funny how far my second job is from Spectrum (working on chevys/tuning)
You have a "wide spectrum" of interests, eh?

UofM found Han's problem, and are treating her as I type. We'll be here for a couple/three days or more, depending on how she responds, but thank god. Roni and I are very grateful to the staff here and obviously relieved. Thanks for the good wishes, guys.

BTW, I found I have no idea how to moderate using a phone. :hehe:

Last edited: