What did you do at work today?

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
Hot shotting with a suburban, that should be interesting. Make it an old school Avalanche and throw a fifth wheel hitch in it.

No, well not planning on it... Just a new to me DD A-B vehicle so I can keep some miles off my LMM and my 79 Malibu when I'm home. I can put easy 3-400 miles down in errands over the weekend.. that's ~15k a year on a 300 mile weekend avg..
Malibu isn't exactly "comfortable" no AC weather striping is shot holes in floor boards and I don't want to drive it during the winter.. it's mechanically sound.. body need a lot of love
The burb is a loaded LT3 2500 with 251k

with dual front 10 way powered seats heat seats, leather, 3rd row doesn't have the sun roof or 4wd or 2nd row captain chairs.. that I have less than 1100.00 invested in, including buying it
Need to get new tires and matching ones has stock pyo 16" with junk tires.. threw some spare tires I had on it
14183832_10209449375844886_8148368011308238294_n.jpg

DefiantArms

Limp Mode Cowboy
Jan 28, 2016
St. Augustine, FL
Felt like writing a love letter to the engineer that designed the fuel control system on a bell 212 helicopter today. There's a 5/16 nut and washer that's under the automatic fuel control between the firewall and manual fuel control that's just big enough to fit your hand into but not enough to have any kind of dexterity and you can't see any of it, all by feel and than it has to be safety wired. A lot of cussing and bichin but knowing you he position is half the battle

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
Felt like writing a love letter to the engineer that designed the fuel control system on a bell 212 helicopter today. There's a 5/16 nut and washer that's under the automatic fuel control between the firewall and manual fuel control that's just big enough to fit your hand into but not enough to have any kind of dexterity and you can't see any of it, all by feel and than it has to be safety wired. A lot of cussing and bichin but knowing you he position is half the battle

While you're in the love letter writing mode, write one to the engineers at Isuzu that put the 10 mm nut behind the harmonic balancer making it necessary to remove the balancer to replace the water pump.....

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
While you're in the love letter writing mode, write one to the engineers at Isuzu that put the 10 mm nut behind the harmonic balancer making it necessary to remove the balancer to replace the water pump.....

12mm nut :D

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona

Have not had the luxury of replacing my water pump in a confined space and having it tattooed on my brain yet (the 12mm nut) to aggravate the livin' beejesus outa me as to the "why". I have taken apart a few core engines though so need for cuss words at that point. I'm sure there will be a day, or maybe not and I'll be dead by then so no concern at that point....

six5creed

Jan 6, 2016
N.C.
Was talking to a friend the other day about a Farmall Cub I am restoring and told him I needed to get a valve job done, he said come by the shop I have something you can take to work and do it yourself so went by and picked up this old Kwik-Way. He said he bought it at an auction 20 years ago for $35.

six5creed

Jan 6, 2016
N.C.
I think these are the 2 oldest tools I have. The first one is a set of 0-.500" mics my dad gave me. He was a fireman and on his days off he was a mechanic and had them since I can remember, he gave them to me a few years ago. The second is a 2" Starrett scale, I bought it at an auction in a box of other tools, there is someones name and date engraved in the back, not sure if it's when he bought it or his birthday.