What did you do at work today?

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
You pass???:angel:

Always have always will

The policy is you hit anything with forklift equipment or equivilant you get tested. It sucks but keeps the trash out.

Plus it keeps all my equipment in the building looking good and free of scratches.

Never broke a bone, had surgery, that'll change I can assure you, any major surgery you would not make it day without some sort of pain killer. You just need notify them when you have the test. People act as though they never have done drugs, alcohol is one so are a lot of over counter medications that will flag the test.

One local talk show radio always brags he has never drank alcohol, yet he uses Nyquil, at 25% alcohol content...:rofl:

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=nyquil+alcohol+by+content

The US is about 5% of the worldwide population yet we use 75% of the worlds supply of prescription drugs..

Last edited:

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
^ Guys that work at places that drug test like this are pretty well verse in what to do. No one's out to get us for something. I've had guys test come back a little "funny". We give them a chance to explain and/or retest them.

Odd to get tested for hitting a cone, but sounds like one of those stupid zero tolerance rules. I did almost get throw off a job for throwing a cone once. The safety guy told me they don't tolerate horseplay.... lighten up...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

DefiantArms

Limp Mode Cowboy
Jan 28, 2016
St. Augustine, FL
I've worked at commercial airliner overhaul company's and when they started drug testing there was guys that would just bring in a few bottles of robotussin sad when people can't even function without being high

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
Started new job yesterday. Osha 10 on the computer wasn't working so had to do it on my phone...never thought I'd see this day where training is done via cell phone

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Never broke a bone, had surgery, that'll change I can assure you, any major surgery you would not make it day without some sort of pain killer. You just need notify them when you have the test. People act as though they never have done drugs, alcohol is one so are a lot of over counter medications that will flag the test.

One local talk show radio always brags he has never drank alcohol, yet he uses Nyquil, at 25% alcohol content...:rofl:

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=nyquil+alcohol+by+content

The US is about 5% of the worldwide population yet we use 75% of the worlds supply of prescription drugs..

The test is pretty extensive and it's only looking for illegal substances not medications. It's because we're in a foreign trade zone, ATF and border protection run the show here and there can't be narcotics anywhere on the property including in someone's system.

Don't over think what I said, I said I will always pass because I don't do illegal drugs. Everybody will be on a prescription for something sooner or later that's not preventable.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Try working under OSHA, MSHA, Mining Company and a Cat Dealers safety program:mad: Mark my words, I will be out of a job in under 10 years... It will be to costly for a company to keep the doors open. Regulating us out of a job:thumb:

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Been there other then Cats stuff. Between safety and eeoc crap it's amazing we ever finish a project for municipalities. I haven't done a project in 2 or 3 years that we haven't had to throw at least 1 Utility contractor off of. They think they got you by the short and curlies, because they are minority owned. Often they wouldn't even show up to the project. If they did they were doing half ass work that they had to go back and fix or there replacement did.

rgullett83

Oct 27, 2008
Illinois
Try working under OSHA, MSHA, Mining Company and a Cat Dealers safety program:mad: Mark my words, I will be out of a job in under 10 years... It will be to costly for a company to keep the doors open. Regulating us out of a job:thumb:
I know the feeling, I work for Marathon petroleum as a maintenance welder. Between OSHA, the EPA, and our own safety rules it is amazing that we make any money(as a company), and that gas/diesel isn't $20+ a gallon

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Lol ya.
Safety guys tells me we need to take water breaks every 15mins. We are grown ass men we don't need to take water breaks by your stop watch. And it took 5 mins just to get our PPE on or off. We might as well just sit in the shade and drink water all day.
Or when we had to store all of the rain water on site until the pH dropped so it didn't hurt the fish in the streams. But there was fish living in the storage ponds. Then they turn around and poison the pigeons on site, so they don't carry off contamination.

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
OSHA stopped by for an inspection on us a couple years ago. 70,000sqff industrial manufacturing shop, we were thinking great he's going to get us for 250k in violations, well he stayed for three days and best he could find was on extension cord draped over the sheet metal on a production lathe which cost us 2500 bucks... Also told us we were one of the cleanest, safest, and most organized manufacturing shops he had ever inspected. Flew in from PA, he was a really nice guy, took the time to ask questions about why we did certain things certain ways, etc. probably not many inspectors like him.

lutzjk913

May 5, 2010
groveport, ohio
When we have a KPA lady come on at work we all just want to beat our heads against the wall for the day. Lol

I couldn't imagine some of these inspections.

PACougar

Jun 27, 2012
El Dorado Hills, Ca
Just try doing a construction job inside of an active hospital that has asbestos and lead. Lol. I don't think you guys know what inspections really feel like :roflmao:

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
I've actually never had an I've an OSHA inspector that was really a dick and out to get us. I have more problems with everyday safety guys. I'm talking about companies that have policies that insist every accident is preventable.

Hospitals that would be a fun one. We have done a few schools, and I have talked to guys that do NASA. You wouldn't beleive how much asbestos they have.

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
Just try doing a construction job inside of an active hospital that has asbestos and lead. Lol. I don't think you guys know what inspections really feel like :roflmao:

I do, in the OR department and in the OR rooms, schools can be just as bad especially when water damage has happened....

Last edited:

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state

Navy ship yard work... Might get a half ass mask and keep it wet is what your tolds

Anything related to nuclear contaminated stuff makes what you'retalking about childs play

Im running around gathering stuff to pull the engineout of my truck to re ring it

rgullett83

Oct 27, 2008
Illinois
082c30ce8918e063747d7dd3c5a1a28d.jpg
242081186187d0549ee4272a948fc190.jpg

This was the other day, but it's been a long time since I have seen a broken input shaft in a 4l60-e....

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
Pulled a bunch of wire down cable trays at the refinery. Felt right at home and the new company was pretty happy with the fact I can run around pipe racks and work at heights with ease...other than the 95* it was a good day

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
I again drove around mid-Michigan delivering brown corrugated boxes, grey/white/black packs and other assorted things. Remind me when retirement was happening again?

Found out that yesterday a rookie left 7 pkgs at my vet clinic's front door after they had closed (they close early on Weds). They were not amused finding those parcels this morning, and neither am I.
Ive requested over and over and over again that their delivery stay on my truck no matter what, but my dispatcher just wont/cant do that simple thing. WTF ever happened to caring about customer service first and foremost?