What did you do at work today?

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
Credit...

I here people talk all the time about transferring debit from card to another. Idiots, credit is for suckers, cash is king again...

six5creed

Jan 6, 2016
N.C.
0567862490b7e5e5d7855c0044dbefc1.jpg

Lol don’t get me started on the phone issue or the sense a entitlement everyone seems to have!
How many people do you see in this pic just standing there lol
But like I’m told by my dad aka boss
We have to find our “core” employees and remember that when SHTF again we will keep them busy whether it’s pulling weeds or hanging 100k building
All I can say is find a good company that treats you like a human and not a number and stick with them through their short comings... we all have them
This glut of wealth and work can’t last much longer!
People not willing to work yet turn around and buy 60-70k trucks 250-450k houses?
I can’t even fathom how they are making monthly payments and eating a decent meal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is a trick question isn't it? I see most of them standing around but one of them is on their iphone taking the picture :roflmao:

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Credit...

I here people talk all the time about transferring debit from card to another. Idiots, credit is for suckers, cash is king again...

That’s your opinion.
I get cashback on all my credit cards so I charge everything. I haven’t carried a balance over to the next month on my credit card in 15 years.

Hambone

Always learning
Jan 24, 2016
Florida
That’s your opinion.
I get cashback on all my credit cards so I charge everything. I haven’t carried a balance over to the next month on my credit card in 15 years.

That’s the thing though
You have to have credit but use it wisely
Double edged sword...
Lol well It’s kinda a trick question
2 of them are my superiors and 1 is the guy we are doing the job for :D
I was walking back from the bathroom and it was funny how as soon as I stepped away everyone just kinda stopped

Poltergeist

Ghost in the Machine
Aug 1, 2006
Ontario, Calif.
www.poltergeist.us
That’s your opinion.
... I haven’t carried a balance over to the next month on my credit card in 15 years.

That is the key part of your statement. Many people will carry 10s of thousands in credit card debt month to month. It's scary to me how much some people have.

I do the same as you, I carry a little cash but use my GM card to pay for everything and pay it off every month. Nice kicker when I purchase new vehicles. :D

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
That’s your opinion.

Then your not really using credit then are you...;)

That's called working the system, I am definitely guilty of that...

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
I haven’t paid credit card interest in a few years. I carry a balance but 0 interest. Once the promo period is almost up 8 call to see if there’s another offer. If not then I open another card with 0 interest for a year or 2

jlawles2

Jan 28, 2010
Danbury, TX
I play the system. At one time I played it "hard". Every credit card in my wallet had a closing date on it. Depending on the purchase, I would pick the card with the farthest out closing date, since most cards take 5 days for the bill to reach you after closing, then another 10+ days for the due date, one could potentially have a 45 day interest free loan when making purchases.

Credit card companies cut my due dates back to the point it was almost impossible to get them paid before the due date. I had one statement come in and the time from the closing to the due date was 15 days. After 30+ minutes on the phone with the agent, she reset the billing close to due date back. I was informed that they cut the due date back because I always paid quick. Sounded like they were trying to force me to miss a payment so they could hit me with interest and late fees through the roof.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Started a “fun” project last week. Customers truck. 64 swb 327 350 auto.

Was pretty much original other than the engine and trans swap, it ran kinda.

Before pic
f118ee5099fd3536843db4de8f9557bd.jpg

Getting a full 4/6 cpp drop, 5 lug conversion, disc brakes all around, power booster, 700r4, and Holley sniper efi.

Where she’s at as of today.
eafab4def11cf6f4f279d6ebed4914ce.jpg

I have pics of every step of this trucks build. I’ll post a thread for the owner on a older Chevy truck forum (67-72chevytrucks). Just wanted to show y’all, that I do actually still work some haha.

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
I tried to do CC for fuel.... They asked how much I spend a month, I told them, they hurt themselves shitting a brick and offered me one that can't fill one tank a fuel,...

I'm 100% cash, pretty much said F banks, the times I've have they gotten me hemmed up, then try and starve me out when shit goes south,

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Took Thurs off b/c the town I deliver in had their yearly car show. I try not to miss it any more.
Its turned into the second-largest show in Michigan. Town essentially shuts down for the day, and all the local businesses participate in some way. Makes for a pretty damn good party if you ask me.

Weather was perfect, and they set a record for entries this year. The first cars were getting there at 6:30 in the morning, picking out their spots. LOL

If you have bookface, there are a lot of pictures posted:
https://www.facebook.com/WESTPHALIA...Mu34NseFUgIOL4DWgjTR7XR0gQ3TIHCmUHAGtithDxDlo

My wife's cousin has a beautiful teal-colored '70 Charger that he completely restored, and he had it there.
Someday, I'll have something to show off there. Some day.......

Friday, I had to deliver all the stuff that my sub didnt. She called me at about 1:30 Thurs, bitching about having to drive around all the cars. I just had to laugh.

Last edited:

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
My wife's cousin has a beautiful teal-colored '70 Charger that he completely restored, and he had it there.
If you wait long enough, BBT will be a classic. I think the GMT800 will be like the old square body Chevy's. At least those are the vehicles that I think will become classics.

Sent from my Cat S60 using Tapatalk

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
If you wait long enough, BBT will be a classic. I think the GMT800 will be like the old square body Chevy's. At least those are the vehicles that I think will become classics.
There is a guy who lives south of town that usually has his 5 RC/SB trucks all lined up together on the street. They span the last 5 generations of Chevy trucks. He recently bought a very nice GMT-900 body truck to get updated to 6 gens, but Im not sure on his plans for a -2017+ new one. I did not see them at the show this year, though.

I actually did have a bunch of people ask me where my truck was. :rofl:

gassux

Mar 14, 2010
Took Thurs off b/c the town I deliver in had their yearly car show. I try not to miss it any more.
Its turned into the second-largest show in Michigan. Town essentially shuts down for the day, and all the local businesses participate in some way. Makes for a pretty damn good party if you ask me.

Weather was perfect, and they set a record for entries this year. The first cars were getting there at 6:30 in the morning, picking out their spots. LOL

If you have bookface, there are a lot of pictures posted:
https://www.facebook.com/WESTPHALIA...Mu34NseFUgIOL4DWgjTR7XR0gQ3TIHCmUHAGtithDxDlo

Friday, I had to deliver all the stuff that my sub didnt. She called me at about 1:30 Thurs, bitching about having to drive around all the cars. I just had to laugh.

are you guys going to strike or not?

Last edited by a moderator: