What did you do at work today?

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
I cant finish drywall to save my life. No lie.

My wife Roni, on the other hand....that woman has an eye for finish work. :thumb: Thank God.

I was designing my circuit diagram today, have to remove two wall plugs, add three others, wire the new closet for lighting and change the ceiling light box and switches due to the door move......then she comes in the kitchen where Im working and says, "Id like to change the living room ceiling fixture spot and add another ceiling box over the stairs, too." Its below our bedroom, so while the floor is torn up....:rolleyes: Ugh.

This is my life....:hehe: I guess I need my own thread like Zach. :hehe:

Last edited:

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
I cant finish drywall to save my life. No lie.

My wife Roni, on the other hand....that woman has an eye for finish work. :thumb: Thank God.

I was designing my circuit diagram today, have to remove two wall plugs, add three others, wire the new closet for lighting and change the ceiling light box and switches due to the door move......then she comes in the kitchen where Im working and says, "Id like to change the living room ceiling fixture spot and add another ceiling box over the stairs, too." Its below our bedroom, so while the floor is torn up....:rolleyes: Ugh.

This is my life....:hehe: I guess I need my own thread like Zach. :hehe:

I’m so happy everyone loves me so much :roflmao: a guy just text me about an lmm I forgot allllll about inquiring about.
Tom if you need some help, feel free to pm me and I’ll give ya my number to chat for a bit.

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
I helped a friend install Ethernet in his house. Got 20 drops over the last 2 days, want to get 8 more tomorrow before I fly home. So sore/tired from crawling around under the house. Makes me glad I don't do this for a living, I'd die. Or I'd get ripped, one of the two.

Sent from my Cat S60 using Tapatalk

jlawles2

Jan 28, 2010
Danbury, TX
Just dirt. I had the chance to start running cranes in '07 when I built the Galveston Causeway, but I made the mistake of not taking my employer up on the offer.

I forgot Cat was making 8750s now. That would be neat to see. I worked in a small mining operation the biggest we had was O&K RH120 excavator.

Do y'all handle all the logistics of the move and setup or just the bigger pieces?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

We provide the equipment for moving them assembled. They are being moved between operations. When we planned the first one a few years back, it was a 7 mile move. The machine could do the walking itself in about 7 days, however it required federal road permits to make the road wider, 4" of soft fill on the entire path, and substations about every mile so there would need to be a lot of power lines installed. They say draglines walk 30+ miles a year. Most of the ones we look at only walk 9' per step (about 90 seconds per step).

Where at in Louisiana?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

East side. It crossed I49.

tripleturbo

Feb 27, 2013
Baltimore, MD
I helped a friend install Ethernet in his house. Got 20 drops over the last 2 days, want to get 8 more tomorrow before I fly home. So sore/tired from crawling around under the house. Makes me glad I don't do this for a living, I'd die. Or I'd get ripped, one of the two.

Wi-Fi is where it's at lol hardwired connection is over rated if you have the right Wi-Fi handoffs. Hell most laptops don't even have internet jacks on them anymore.

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
Wi-Fi is where it's at lol hardwired connection is over rated if you have the right Wi-Fi handoffs. Hell most laptops don't even have internet jacks on them anymore.
I get the theory, but never have that good of luck in practice. But hardwired never hiccups, it just works. And the cabling is good to 10GigE, so bandwidth won't be a problem for the foreseeable future. Just plug in the PC and forget it.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Why didn’t you have gloves on? If we have concrete work on our site the guys wear thin rubber gloves that go up the forearm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
My operator and I are just hanging out loading truck with contaminated soil in a chemical plant. It’s really slow. 2 truck running a 3 hr turnaround. The trucks have to scale out before they leave and the plant will not let them leave if they are over 80k. Then they have to dump some out if they are over. This is standard practice. I like to challenge my operator to see who can load the trucks closest without going over. We bet lunch on it. It’s really tough. The drivers have an air gauge and you can kind of guess the weight by that, but depending on how even you load the trailer the gauge can lie. We also count the buckets we put in, but again wetter material, or not quiet a full bucket really changes the weight. The trucks weight is different and changes. If they stop and get fuel they just got 1500lbs heavier. We don’t sit there for 30mins loading a truck just right. It takes 10 to 11 buckets to fill the truck and we do it quick. I’m a pretty good operator, but this is just as much luck. My 2 best loads where 79970lbs and 80100lbs. The driver cheated on the one and hopped out of the truck so it only scaled 79930. Lol We normally shoot for 77,000lbs. That way if the load isn’t just right the driver isn’t over weight on 1 axle.

Anyways just s bragging a little and having fun to pass the time.

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
Loaded drag conveyor this morning. Just kicked it off headed to Iowa to pickup 3 sets of tractor tires.... If get there before 1630 they'll load me... If not it's 0700 in the am... Hopefully I can make it... It will allow me to get 160 mile jump onto tomorrow running.... :woott:

MAXX IT OUT

<<<IT WORKS
Mar 1, 2013
Des Moines, Iowa
Loaded drag conveyor this morning. Just kicked it off headed to Iowa to pickup 3 sets of tractor tires.... If get there before 1630 they'll load me... If not it's 0700 in the am... Hopefully I can make it... It will allow me to get 160 mile jump onto tomorrow running.... :woott:
Where are you heading in IA?

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
Where are you heading in IA?
Wheatland ia... In Clinton IA now.. Eric Carter... Forget forum name.. is supposed to swing by..

Filthy
But got tomorrow morning load... Loaded tonight.. off to Janesville WI in the am.. see if they read prior to 1pm
28828137_10214517278819293_436658604589098003_o.jpg

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
Did all the incident report and drug test stuff for the burns I got. Company man on the rig was freaking out said I didn't tell him...he got made to look like an ass when we jogged is memory and he read my service ticket that noted the burns. His safety guy was pissed at him to say the least

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Went sledding today but pretty sure I know what I get to deal with at some point tomorrow.
8aee2ece5ffde4d0a9d13afd634371ef.jpg

Henry95

Apr 4, 2015
bd7a42d4c6cb6965da9eb7a9d0f05b48.jpg

Anyone else delete cat equip? Who else is a heavy equip tech. Or apprentice. 2nd year HET here.