Well there goes my chances of 9s this year

Ironworker15

Mar 28, 2023
Massachusetts
https://vibrantperformance.com/hd-clamp-transition-weld-ferrules-v1244/. This is the ferrule I got that he is going to weld on to the 366. He also used his cnc to cut off the front of the cover where a normal clamp would go for a boot just to make more room for everything. And I think I’m just going to go with white lol
That's perfect right there. If I had seen that , I wouldnt of went through the trouble of turning my own flange on the lathe! Oh well, live and learn. White always looks good. Especially with the black clamps.

Reactions: Bbuchanan11

Bbuchanan11

Sep 9, 2011
Sarver, PA
Always a good feeling when you can make your own stuff… and I have seen people get these clamps coated I would love to do orange to match the engine but with it being a street/race truck things get taken apart frequently and scratched up.

Ironworker15

Mar 28, 2023
Massachusetts
View attachment 124597View attachment 124598After talking about it…. We decided to get rid of the last v band and just go all vibrant… titanium air intake and a new stainless stack are pretty much all that’s left…
Looks amazing man! I love those hd clamps. They sell them now as a combination aluminum/stainless so you don't have to buy the separate kits too, which is nice. I've been trying to figure out a heat sink that clamps to the ferrules like I have for regular v bands to help keep the stainless from warping. If you could , ask your buddy there if he has any way he does it, or does he just weld them? Sure would be a shame to warp a $150 flange! Can't wait to see the titanium intake, that'll look KILLER! but now , you have to leave the bare stainless to match it......

Bbuchanan11

Sep 9, 2011
Sarver, PA
Thanks buddy… and it’s about time they sell them any combination you want I have about 10 aluminum ones I’ll never use. And I’ll have to ask him if he uses anything when welding. The new stack will be raw stainless I’m curious to see if it will change colors at all from the exhaust heat id like to see some purple and blue. Have you made any progress on your truck at all?

Reactions: Ironworker15

Ironworker15

Mar 28, 2023
Massachusetts
Thanks buddy… and it’s about time they sell them any combination you want I have about 10 aluminum ones I’ll never use. And I’ll have to ask him if he uses anything when welding. The new stack will be raw stainless I’m curious to see if it will change colors at all from the exhaust heat id like to see some purple and blue. Have you made any progress on your truck at all?
I'm not one hundred percent sure on Vibrant, but I know for fact that Ace Race Parts sells them, as I just bought a stainless/aluminum combination for a customers truck. The stainless will definitely turn gold after a few heat cycles, the weld will hold the color for a while until oxidation attacks it. The titanium on the other hand, will hold color, and with the right process, you can make it turn any color you want. Just like anodized aluminum. I just got back from vacation with the family, so no real progress yet. I did start cleaning up the wiring harness and the engine accessories though. Little bit at a time. Should be mocking up the hotside crossover this weekend though, that's the plan anyways. Well see what wifey says about that.....😫.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Rough guide for colors obtained from heating. I think stainless pushes the temperature up a little depending on grade

I don't have any for titanium. But that is normally colored by an electro process closer to aluminum anodizing
series-extractor-fabrication-shooting-sports-forum.jpg

Ironworker15

Mar 28, 2023
Massachusetts
View attachment 125227View attachment 125228View attachment 125229View attachment 125230
Very close to being done intake just needs welded up and the flange for the maf sensor needs finished up.
Looks great man! I still think you should of left the stainless bare .... But I gotta admit the white looks killer! Is the hood stack stainless or titanium? What do you need for a maf sensor flange? I can make one for you if necessary on my mill, I made mine and my Map sensor flange. Of course, im sure your buddy there has the capabilities as well , just throwing it out there anyways. Can't wait to hear that thing in action, you gotta post a start up video!

Bbuchanan11

Sep 9, 2011
Sarver, PA
I actually was thinking that maybe I messed up and should have left the new ones stainless. The one on the driver side he re worked years ago instead of starting from scratch and it was not stainless and was previously coated white so it needed to be done regardless. I wasn’t sure about the one coming out of the intercooler going to the y bridge because of the y bridge being white. The stack is stainless and thanks I appreciate the offer on the maf flange, I’ll have to talk to my buddy I know he said he was going to have to make another one. I might take you up on that would you be able to make a titanium one?

Ironworker15

Mar 28, 2023
Massachusetts
I actually was thinking that maybe I messed up and should have left the new ones stainless. The one on the driver side he re worked years ago instead of starting from scratch and it was not stainless and was previously coated white so it needed to be done regardless. I wasn’t sure about the one coming out of the intercooler going to the y bridge because of the y bridge being white. The stack is stainless and thanks I appreciate the offer on the maf flange, I’ll have to talk to my buddy I know he said he was going to have to make another one. I might take you up on that would you be able to make a titanium one?
Yes I could make one out of titanium. What grade? Does he have the stock or would i need to supply it? I will see what I have in stock right now as I may have a piece. Youre using the standard LBZ maf correct?

Ironworker15

Mar 28, 2023
Massachusetts
I found this online https://www.ticonindustries.com/products/copy-of-denso-circular-titanium-maf-flange-08. Im not positive it would fit the LBZ maf sensor but a few dimension checks would verify it. I know they're Denso and have the same mounting style. This one could even be modified to fit if necessary.

Bbuchanan11

Sep 9, 2011
Sarver, PA
I actually looked at that one I couldn’t find one specifically for an LBZ. I found a few in stainless from ppe and a few other companies but I haven’t found any in titanium. I would have to find out what grade he is using and my truck has a hitachi maf but I would imagine it is oem style.