Well I tried to meet in the middle..............

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkholder09

Jan 8, 2012
Maryland
A code of conduct and some transparency will always go along way, if this site is truly a democracy.

It is not really a democracy and nor should it be since members do not pay tax to have it ran.
As far as I know Josh Mike and Rob moderate as a personal favor and do not get paid.
It takes a good bit of time and they can moderate how they see fit.

I don't think the man should have been banned either but I do think moderating is a hard job, and this site is by far superior in content, respect and professionalism than any other diesel site period.

The referees are not always going to get the call right on the field but this is a great place to hang out none the less.

This thread has gotten very intense, but it has all been very informative and constructive in my eyes, which says a good deal about the level of intelligence of the site.

I can't compliment everyone involved enough for the way it was handled. And if I did have to pick a "trash talker" well Josh kinda picked the same guy I would. It was not what was said exactly but the context and articulation. I have learned over the last year the same way that when typing vs talking you have to be very careful because without visual or voice inflections things can get taken the wrong way.

I hope this makes sense and we can all get something positive from this thread.

dracing70

SH--- GETTING EXPENSIVE!
Jun 12, 2007
mantua, oh
Josh you are correct about the epoxy. I assumed it was covering a hole and this is why my builder probably never mentioned it. I did not notice it till I got the engine home, so I was obviously wrong about it. However everything else is as stated. Even if the oil pump was legit it still feels like it has sand in it and does not spin freely, It Sticks Bad!! And once again all things aside and this will be the last time I make this statement, the point of this thread was not meant to so much bitch about the quality of the engine. It was instead to address the lies by omission and most of all the blatant sketchy dealings after an agreement was reached to make things right for all parties involved. David was to get some advertisement and I was to receive parts at cost to make up for the money lost. This was the agreement and when it came time to carry it out the run around and snaky tendencies rared their ugly faces. The less than quality build was obviously used to explain the story and get opinions from others if they believe a performance engine should be built in this fashion.......

You wrote a very thorough response, but you ignored my question.

Since you brought up the water pump, I wonder if the impeller on the water pump was removed as well. I've seen modified stock water pumps used to allow the use of electric water pumps, but I've never seen it done like that. The ones I've seen had the water pump totally gutted and had freeze plugs pressed into the shaft hole. If the impeller was not also removed from the shaft, that would have made a significant restriction in the system.

I really don't know the whole story about the epoxy on the oil pan. Bill may have just assumed the epoxy was covering a hole because he saw it on there. I'm not sure it was the new shop that told him there was a problem with it. I would think if there was or wasn't a hole, it would be fairly obvious once you saw inside the pan, but I don't really know.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Thank you ! That's exactly the point, these forums mean nothing. Other than people with nothing better to do except get on and run there mouth about something they read on the internet

FWIW, Rick, and anyone else bitching about how we mod this board, the quote above is what got him the time out. If he truly thinks this board means nothing and has nothing to contribute but stir shit as a third party in the mix who just happens to work for the shop the engine came from, then he needs to check his attitude and come back after 7 or leave.
There is no picking sides. It's dealt with this way for everyone. ESPECIALLY those that only have 3 or 4 posts and been a member for days.

RickDLance

Feb 14, 2007
FWIW, Rick, and anyone else bitching about how we mod this board, the quote above is what got him the time out. If he truly thinks this board means nothing and has nothing to contribute but stir shit as a third party in the mix who just happens to work for the shop the engine came from, then he needs to check his attitude and come back after 7 or leave.
There is no picking sides. It's dealt with this way for everyone. ESPECIALLY those that only have 3 or 4 posts and been a member for days.

I think he was talking about forums in general. I have a few years modding under my belt and I never did like giving anyone time off.

That post, even if aimed at this site directly, still doesn't qualify for time out IMHO. You guys feel different and that should be your right, but you gave him seven days off for voicing his feelings and that should have been his right too.

I've posted my feelings about this now and I'll try to stay out of it from here on out......

zlonsway

Sep 29, 2009
This sounds like it is run of the mill for DTS. I saw a cam purchased from them that had a scratch on one of the journals and David said it would be ok to run. LOL. Not to mention it took getting the Attorney General of Georgia involved to get a refund for a set of cupless heads that were nowhere to be found three months after they had been payed for. BUYERS BEWARE!

Last edited:

matt78

Finally boosted launches
Sep 10, 2012
texas
Guess im in the west coast mafia since guy built my engine. All I know is I got great customer service 2 tears and 18, 000 miles later.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
I became friends with Guy Tripp 10 years ago. What attracted me to him was his ethics and knowledge. The friendship came later. The same can be said for Rob Coddens, Rick Lance, Tony ( ridge runner ) Tony B and many others that I respect.
We didn't decide to start a club but were drawn together because, well, I have no fricken idea. If you want to call this a mafia; I feel comfortable being included with these gentlemen that I respect. All of us are in this to promote diesel excellence and knowledge.
I have very good friends on the east coast that I talk to on a regular basis like Caleb and Dustin. I talk to George at Suncoast all the time as he is a close friend as is Ron Wolverton at Suncoast. I talk to Brad Gintz at Calvins a lot. My west coast mafia buddies do the same with a lot of people all over the country as well as all over the world.
I even spend time with Tim and evan at Freedom diesel and recommend them.
So, I think this is not a west coast mafia thing. I look at it as a family of friends.:D

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut

EXACTLY and why we ALL came to a agreement as to what should take place when it was discussed!

I think he was talking about forums in general. I have a few years modding under my belt and I never did like giving anyone time off.

That post, even if aimed at this site directly, still doesn't qualify for time out IMHO. You guys feel different and that should be your right, but you gave him seven days off for voicing his feelings and that should have been his right too.

I've posted my feelings about this now and I'll try to stay out of it from here on out......

That would be a great idea leave the girlscout Kumbaya mentality at home with your purse!

RickDLance

Feb 14, 2007
FU Mack... this thread was just dying down. Maybe you should let it.

How's that for girlscout Kumbaya mentality. LOL!!!

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
Well I'm out of popcorn and a bit eye tired from rereading this entire thread. I was wondering why Dracing 70 had the engine torn down in the first place but I saw he was going to do some modifications. Also probably a good idea if it had been sitting in a crate for any length of time anyway. Obviously it's a good thing he did.

I have had several dmax engines built and never at anytime did the builder warranty the build due to what we were planning to do with it. I had to sign a release stating that as I felt it was correct. Mind you I always bought the parts myself and had them shipped to the builder.

I can also guarantee the original buyer would never have said to use anything but top notch quality new parts due to the application for which it was intended. There may have been a discussion about the water pump but the described condition seems a bit odd, as Josh said not the normal way to prepare an engine for an electric water pump. Really can't comment on the oil pump but it doesn't sound like it would have worked very well. It seem to me that the builder should make good on the crank at the minimum and should know better than to try and explain it as it was OK with the original buyer which is totally bogus. There is some history there so lets just leave it at that.

I do think many of the guys who post on here are like the other chickens in the pen going after the one with the bloody butt, hell I've done it myself and in looking back I can't see it accomplished much.

Another thing West Coast Mafia sounds like a copy cat. There is only one Mafia in the performance diesel world and they reside in Georgia. And most all of them are dinosaurs and their family trees don't have many limbs. Build some damn fast trucks however. Merry Christmas!!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.