Well I tried to meet in the middle..............

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Josh,
Isn't this the kind statement you hate me making?

"He pretty much came in here and went against what they had been saying so that pretty much throws their case out the window."

I know your allegiance lies with Rob and Guy and the rest of the West Coast Mafia, but to interpret Rob's vague, neutral post as proof against David is a little hypocritical, don't you think bud?:D

Honesty....on the internet....now that's funny.:roflmao:
Yes it is. That's why I said what I did in the very beginning of that post, but knowing Rob the way I do, I don't think there was anything vague about what he wrote. David said the customer told him to run that crank because he's run them like that before. If Rob made that statement, I think his post would have been a little different than what it was.

As for your "West Coat Mafia" comment. I'm not really sure what that means. I'm loyal to those who treat me well. I have received nothing but help and friendship from both Guy and Rob, so yes, I am loyal to them because I have no reason not to be.

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
We would all like for Rob to be more forthcoming with information....after all, we all want to be like him....but if my diesel performance shop was grossing over a million a year and I had as much to lose as he does, I would not admit to much fault either.

Really, I am just trying to show you Josh that you and I are usually trying to accomplish the same thing, for different teams. The major difference is that you are a Super Mod and I am just a normal forum member.

Last edited:

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
Feel bad for the OP, I guess he is taking it on the chin with this one. As DTS has not (publicly anyway) offered to reimburse him for his shipping costs or volunteered to send him his crank back, it seems as if what's done is done. Maybe we can close this thread? East vs West coast LMAO.

Hypocritical Tim? You can slam SoCal with NO PROVOCATION but Josh can't act as a mod and defend the members of this board? Why not give the dude a timeout? He made it abundantly clear what he thought of us with his condescending remarks about "these forums".

Josh2002cc

That Uncle
Apr 2, 2007
We would all like for Rob to be more forthcoming with information....after all, we all want to be like him....but if my diesel performance shop was grossing over a million a year and I had as much to lose as he does, I would not admit to much fault either.

:shifan:

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA

Really, I am just trying to show you Josh that you and I are usually trying to accomplish the same thing, for different teams. The major difference is that you are a Super Mod and I am just a normal forum member.

We don't pick teams here.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!

I'm not trying to accomplish anything for anyone. I'm just trying to make sense of the situation with the information I have.

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
I'm not trying to accomplish anything for anyone. I'm just trying to make sense of the situation with the information I have.

That's the problem it seems with all of our disagreements here....we have conflicting information or lack thereof. Sometimes the truth lies in the middle somewhere, but not always...

ALLY Fox

Old Man Truck
Dec 14, 2010
Oregon 7S5
Josh,
Isn't this the kind statement you hate me making?

"He pretty much came in here and went against what they had been saying so that pretty much throws their case out the window."

I know your allegiance lies with Rob and Guy and the rest of the West Coast Mafia, but to interpret Rob's vague, neutral post as proof against David is a little hypocritical, don't you think bud?:D

Honesty....on the internet....now that's funny.:roflmao:

If I join the West Coast Mafia, can leave any time I want???

boss760

Mar 8, 2010
Clarkrange, TN
I owned this motor for a while and had it for sale on here for a long time. I had never taken this motor out of the original crate. I had no idea it would come to this. If I am responsible for any of this I will make it right. Not sure what to think as being the middle man?

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
That's the problem it seems with all of our disagreements here....we have conflicting information or lack thereof. Sometimes the truth lies in the middle somewhere, but not always...

The information I have is the information in this thread. Both sides are telling different stories. I agree that the truth is often somewhere in the middle, but if I look at this from the outside (which I must do since I'm not directly involved), I would have to believe the truth is more toward dracing70 than DTS. The biggest reason I believe that is he paid full price for parts he was going to get at cost. Why did he do that? They claim he never called back; he claims they never called him back or answered his calls when he tried to call. If you look at this as a disinterested third party, which one makes more sense to you?

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
I owned this motor for a while and had it for sale on here for a long time. I had never taken this motor out of the original crate. I had no idea it would come to this. If I am responsible for any of this I will make it right. Not sure what to think as being the middle man?

I don't think anyone even thought of you as being at fault here Owen. You are about as honest as they come:thumb:

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
The information I have is the information in this thread. Both sides are telling different stories. I agree that the truth is often somewhere in the middle, but if I look at this from the outside (which I must do since I'm not directly involved), I would have to believe the truth is more toward dracing70 than DTS. The biggest reason I believe that is he paid full price for parts he was going to get at cost. Why did he do that? They claim he never called back; he claims they never called him back or answered his calls when he tried to call. If you look at this as a disinterested third party, which one makes more sense to you?

I normally side with the thread-starter...after all, if they were happy they wouldn't have a motive to start a thread right? However, even though I sympathize with Bill because I don't believe he is out to screw anyone over, he feels slighted and no matter what anyone says on here, he will feel that way. I felt the same way. I've been there. However, the thread started out being blown a bit out of proportion and others added to it. Be it because of ignorance or bad feelings, it was. I admit, I didn't even know Melling made a Dmax oil pump and that it was cast iron, and after talking to Bill and doing some research, I learned something. But the epoxy on the oil pan being presented as JB weld, and the water pump gear being pressed off, were a bit humorous. Not to mock anyone, but if the new shop had as much duramax experience as they claim, wouldn't they have passed this info on to their customer as well?

therefore, it started as an issue based on a miscommunication, no? 1 shop's opinion vs. another. And it was turned into a DTS mockery, some of which I totally understand, haha...I had a few chuckles to myself about what was written.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I normally side with the thread-starter...after all, if they were happy they wouldn't have a motive to start a thread right? However, even though I sympathize with Bill because I don't believe he is out to screw anyone over, he feels slighted and no matter what anyone says on here, he will feel that way. I felt the same way. I've been there. However, the thread started out being blown a bit out of proportion and others added to it. Be it because of ignorance or bad feelings, it was. I admit, I didn't even know Melling made a Dmax oil pump and that it was cast iron, and after talking to Bill and doing some research, I learned something. But the epoxy on the oil pan being presented as JB weld, and the water pump gear being pressed off, were a bit humorous. Not to mock anyone, but if the new shop had as much duramax experience as they claim, wouldn't they have passed this info on to their customer as well?

You wrote a very thorough response, but you ignored my question.

Since you brought up the water pump, I wonder if the impeller on the water pump was removed as well. I've seen modified stock water pumps used to allow the use of electric water pumps, but I've never seen it done like that. The ones I've seen had the water pump totally gutted and had freeze plugs pressed into the shaft hole. If the impeller was not also removed from the shaft, that would have made a significant restriction in the system.

I really don't know the whole story about the epoxy on the oil pan. Bill may have just assumed the epoxy was covering a hole because he saw it on there. I'm not sure it was the new shop that told him there was a problem with it. I would think if there was or wasn't a hole, it would be fairly obvious once you saw inside the pan, but I don't really know.

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
I am assuming you want me to answer "which one makes more sense to you?" since you did ask 2 questions in that post...and my answer is David's story makes perfect sense. So does Bill's. The issue in the thread came down to not a question of shotty work, but a question of who said what and why.

I already know the answer to the question of the epoxy, as does every 01 dmax owner. And I agree with you about the water pump.

Status
Not open for further replies.