Well I tried to meet in the middle..............

Status
Not open for further replies.

DIESELMAFIAPER.LB7

<----new hotness
Jan 17, 2010
idaho
shop.dieselmafiaperformance.com
David may as well stop being a forum sponsor it'll never be good for him here again once a stigma is around it doesn't leave. It's not near as bad as the mess confederate diesel got into with a 6.7 powerstroke lol that was a mess matter of fact i think the owners in this thread trying to help David find common ground I believe.

To DTS I think you should cut a check for the difference in parts you guys had talked about and then everyone is happy and it can swept under the rug and life carrys on. I recently had deal go shitty cost me some money and I moved on

Last edited:

02sfguy

Mar 15, 2011
To DTS I think you should cut a check for the difference in parts you guys had talked about and then everyone is happy and it can swept under the rug and life carrys on. I recently had deal go shitty cost me some money and I moved on[/QUOTE]

I agree I think that would be fair for both the OP and DTS. It would also show that DTS is trying to make it right. just my :2cents:

RickDLance

Feb 14, 2007
Thank You!

I'm not sure who's side I would be on here but I don't think someone should be banned for defending what they think is right. Even if I don't agree with it.

jkholder09

Jan 8, 2012
Maryland
I think thid thread can serve as a good reminder of why documentation and commincation is as or more important than good parts and work.

from mobile

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
A crank at this point would have been very, very cheap! Also speaking about PPE I wish they paid there contingency as well as they handled there returns. It's really no big deal I will peal the stickers for next year.

Jeff,

Please contact me about contingency monies owed. I would like to get to the bottom of this. Thanks

Dan
714-985-4825

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Thank You!

I'm not sure who's side I would be on here but I don't think someone should be banned for defending what they think is right. Even if I don't agree with it.

Rick, I'm not sure why it bothers you so much that he was banned. It isn't even a permanent ban, it's only 7 days. Kind of an attitude adjustment. He had a major chip on his shoulder from the second he joined the forum, and the post I quoted really showed me he didn't care to do anything other than cause more unrest. I'm sorry it bothered you that he was banned, but none of the other moderators had a problem with it.

RickDLance

Feb 14, 2007
Rick, I'm not sure why it bothers you so much that he was banned. It isn't even a permanent ban, it's only 7 days. Kind of an attitude adjustment. He had a major chip on his shoulder from the second he joined the forum, and the post I quoted really showed me he didn't care to do anything other than cause more unrest. I'm sorry it bothered you that he was banned, but none of the other moderators had a problem with it.

So some one was banned and there were really no rules broken.. just because he had a so called "chip on his shoulder"?

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
So some one was banned and there were really no rules broken.. just because he had a so called "chip on his shoulder"?

I think everyone knows the rules here are open to interpretation and many of the decisions fall to the discretion of the staff. Someone who is a valued contributing member will always get more freedom and given the benefit of the doubt over a new person who has done nothing to contribute to the forum. If you wish to discuss this further, you can PM me.

RickDLance

Feb 14, 2007
I don't need to PM you. I think this sort of discussion should be for all to see. ;)

So lets get this straight.....DTS is a vendor here. His employee see's what he interprets as a thread he should defend his employer on. He joins and does it and without really doing anything else but trying to defend his employer he gets banned.

To be real honest I could see any AND all of my employees doing the same thing. I expect yours would too. ;)

Now had he spammed people or the site, threatened someone with physical violence, or continually posted profanity or other unfit content after being warned I would definitely understand. I could also see past history coming into play but he doesn't have any here.

Like I said in the beginning....I can see it from both sides, just not the banning part.

As far as why it concerns me;
1. I don't think it's right.
2. They are customers of mine.
3. I pay to advertise here. Every single person that leaves here mad or gets banned is a person that my advertising dollars here can no longer reach.

Last edited:

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
I don't need to PM you. I think this sort of discussion should be for all to see. ;)

So lets get this straight.....DTS is a vendor here. His employee see's what he interprets as a thread he should defend his employer on. He joins and does it and without really doing anything else but trying to defend his employer he gets banned.

To be real honest I could see any AND all of my employees doing the same thing. I expect yours would too. ;)

Now had he spammed people or the site, threatened someone with physical violence, or continually posted profanity or other unfit content after being warned I would definitely understand. I could also see past history coming into play but he doesn't have any here.

Like I said in the beginning....I can see it from both sides, just not the banning part.

3. I pay to advertise here. Every single person that leaves here mad or gets banned is a person that my advertising dollars here can no longer reach.

He was not banned. He just got some time off. And I agree with Josh.

RickDLance

Feb 14, 2007
He was banned for 7 days. If I continue to post what I feel is right will I get banned too?

Don't ask me why but this has hit a soft spot for me. I think you guys are a little too forced vacation happy. I think that it some what kills the free speech aspect that helped start this site and that most of your members like..... or is it that way only when it conforms to the majorities agreement.

pullsanything

Enthusiast
Oct 7, 2013
Iowa
A lot of pissing and moaning going on in this thread. Bottom line is, Nobody forced OP to buy a used engine instead of building his own.(yes, I said USED. If he bought it directly from the builder it would be a different story.) OP just happened to get screwed(in his and some others opinions). We all have gotton screwed one way or another. Get over it and get on with life. Does this mean the original builder builds nothing but faulty engines? I highly doubt it. This should be a lesson to everybody. If it looks too good to be true, if it's priced too good to be true, it probably IS to good to be true.
Now, can everybody just hug it out and get over it already? :thumb:

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!

I hate to call someone a liar, especially when I don't know them personally and the lie doesn't involve me directly, but from what I can tell and reason through, nothing they have said makes any sense.

From the get go, their defense has been that the original recipient of the engine said they were good with running the crank as is. Lo and behold, the original customer is Rob Coddens. I know Rob is as honest as they come, and I don't think he would lie about the engine. He pretty much came in here and went against what they had been saying so that pretty much throws their case out the window.

Secondly, what they're saying happened with the agreement with dracing70 on the parts deal makes no sense. Why would he buy parts at full price somewhere else when he could have bought them at cost from DTS?

Then there is the fact that he did nothing to help the situation, but instead made a bunch more members mad at him. David should thank me for getting him off the forum and driving his business name even further into the dirt.

Also, he may work for DTS, but he is not setup as a vendor. David could have had him added if that is what he wanted, but he did not.

Lastly, your comment about past history. In the courts, a person is presumed innocent until proven guilty, but that doesn't exactly apply here. This is first and foremost a community. If someone comes in and right off the bat starts talking a bunch of crap and getting people (good contributing members) upset at them, they will be under very close scrutiny. The attitude he showed toward this place showed me he had no interest in being a member of this community. I did not and still do not feel I was wrong in giving him a 7 day vacation, but before I acted, I put it in the moderator's section to see if I was overreacting. No one there disagreed with me.

Like I said, I'm sorry it upset you, but that's the way it is. I really like you a lot and have a lot of respect for you, Rick, but I think we'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

He was banned for 7 days. If I continue to post what I feel is right will I get banned too?

Don't ask me why but this has hit a soft spot for me. I think you guys are a little too forced vacation happy. I think that it some what kills the free speech aspect that helped start this site and that most of your members like..... or is it that way only when it conforms to the majorities agreement.
No sir. You have proven to be a valued member here who actually contributes. Pat has made it no secret that there is a double standard here. It's ok to disagree, just don't be a jerk about it. :hug:

Also, I think you're flat wrong about the vacation happy thing. Some folks may threaten more than others, but it is very rare that anyone ever get banned even for a short amount of time. Way less than most forums. Unless you count spam-bots.

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA
A lot of pissing and moaning going on in this thread. Bottom line is, Nobody forced OP to buy a used engine instead of building his own.(yes, I said USED. If he bought it directly from the builder it would be a different story.) OP just happened to get screwed(in his and some others opinions). We all have gotton screwed one way or another. Get over it and get on with life. Does this mean the original builder builds nothing but faulty engines? I highly doubt it. This should be a lesson to everybody. If it looks too good to be true, if it's priced too good to be true, it probably IS to good to be true.
Now, can everybody just hug it out and get over it already? :thumb:

We are beyond normal hugging. I think it's going to take some mouth hugs to make this fiasco of thread end.

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
Josh,
Isn't this the kind statement you hate me making?

"He pretty much came in here and went against what they had been saying so that pretty much throws their case out the window."

I know your allegiance lies with Rob and Guy and the rest of the West Coast Mafia, but to interpret Rob's vague, neutral post as proof against David is a little hypocritical, don't you think bud?:D

Honesty....on the internet....now that's funny.:roflmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.