Weight Lifting/Body Building/Strong Man/Training thread

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
I need some help with motivation. Wife isn't motivated, I'm not and I got nobody to lift with....gains are gone. All numbers may as well be 0. Need to find a good bodybuilding program that incorporates deadlifts. Need to find a money tree to but I'm sure that an issue we all have. I'd join them crossfitters but mother of God do they want alot of coin to do that every month

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Gmclbz

Jul 8, 2008
www.upstatedieselperformance.com
I need some help with motivation. Wife isn't motivated, I'm not and I got nobody to lift with....gains are gone. All numbers may as well be 0. Need to find a good bodybuilding program that incorporates deadlifts. Need to find a money tree to but I'm sure that an issue we all have. I'd join them crossfitters but mother of God do they want alot of coin to do that every month

Just try doing something everyday, even if it's nothing special. It will start to help. As you go along you will probably feel better and want to workout more. It seems the more I do, the more I desire to workout. Not sure if that helps but kinda what I've been doing for the last couple years now and I feel better than I did 10 years ago @ 25. You really don't need weights to be fit either...Some days I don't have the drive and on those days I will chill and make sure to get back at it the next day if time allows.

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
Makes sense it just dedicating the time. My newborn has the most wonderful sleep schedule so up early doesn't happen much and I hate leaving her and mom since they are home alone...more of a psychological thing I think.

countrycorey

Trust Me I'm an Engineer
Jan 30, 2010
LA
Been there done that, just enjoy your family and go when you can. Oh yeah, i promise it does get better!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

DMAXchris

It’s only temporary!
Apr 28, 2009
Natrona Heights PA
Been struggling to keep weight on this summer. Hovering around 147-148. Looking forward to adding another 5 pounds this winter. Still can't get locked out on 365. Starting a new business is eating all of my time and my appetite sucks so it's been more volume recently.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
No gym in a week for me grr... Moving is for the birds haha. Looking forward to getting back into a routine and building my lifts back up.

Mile_high

The Mad Hatter
Oct 31, 2009
Denver, Colorado
Still struggling to pick up some weight after being so sick for so long.

A. Max front squat with 2 chain bundles each side. Hit 225+chains smooth, missed at 235.

B. Cambered bar back squats, 4x6, 205 only. Still getting used to this bar. Weight moves forward as you go down, loads hamstrings quite a bit more.

C. 5 Rounds for Reps, 90 second clock, 3:00 rest between rounds.
Sled push at 125 pounds total, 100 yards
max reps double kettlebell swing, one each hand, russian height.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Still struggling to pick up some weight after being so sick for so long.

A. Max front squat with 2 chain bundles each side. Hit 225+chains smooth, missed at 235.

B. Cambered bar back squats, 4x6, 205 only. Still getting used to this bar. Weight moves forward as you go down, loads hamstrings quite a bit more.

C. 5 Rounds for Reps, 90 second clock, 3:00 rest between rounds.
Sled push at 125 pounds total, 100 yards
max reps double kettlebell swing, one each hand, russian height.

Keep diggin:thumb:

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Got moved and started week one again after another week off.
Bench
225x10
240x8
240x6
240x6
225x8
Shoulder feeling better, still sore but healing up.

Deads
320x8
320x3sx6r
320x8

reverse hypers
50x4sx15r

Started to get the leg press setup when the wife called hysterical. I made out Turbo was missing, my 10 pound malty Pom. Out the door in my gym gear and tore down the road headed towards home. Got within 3 minutes of the house and she called back, he had gotten locked in the spare bedroom and never made a peep when he was being called:mad: Scared the crap out of me... So I counted that as cardio:D

Mile_high

The Mad Hatter
Oct 31, 2009
Denver, Colorado
Definitely cardio, but maybe the 12 rep sets type of cardio, not the treadmill kind, yeah?

A. Max floor press with axle bar: 245 butter smooth, but short on time so we called it.

B. 4x6 OHP with kettlebell weight hung on the bar by bands. Did 35s and was about to make a mess in my pants in set four. Stabilizer muscles got worked.

C. 35-30-25-20-15-10-5 Pushups with 50' lunges in between each set.

D. 3x30 barbell curls, 3x30 tate press, all as fast as possible. I haven't dreaded a set of bicep curls in a long time, but I didn't want to go back to the bar after set one.

I may have a lot more time to train for the next couple weeks; I gave the "It's him or me" speech at work today. :D But dang it felt good to know I both had it in me, and meant every single word of it.

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
Been there done that, just enjoy your family and go when you can. Oh yeah, i promise it does get better!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

X2, I'd choose time with my baby over gym every time. Dont sweat missing the gym, you'll look back and wish you'd have spent more time with your kids when they were small, it goes by so quick.

wilrob

Back in the Motherland
Sep 14, 2016
Dallas, TX
I finally am at a point where I feel motivated enough to get back into working out, mostly cause I have been dying to get back on the mat. I am not a huge fan of gyms, and not looking to put on a lot of size, more so focused on "usable" muscle. Anybody have a pretty primitive workout regime that has yielded good results? I know the base exercises but was curious to see if anyone uses the "primitive" approach and if there were any creative exercises

Mile_high

The Mad Hatter
Oct 31, 2009
Denver, Colorado
We are moving into a new gym this week. All of our stuff is in a football training center and we just use some space at the end, but they are having some financial issues, so we're moving into the back room of a crossfit gym.

It's fun to watch the CF bunnies watch some of our girls snatch big weight, or see a guy hang clean their deadlift max and look all confused.

A. 5x5 strict pullups, as heavy added weight as possible.
3x6 DB Push Press, one arm at a time
3x12 DB shrugs, as heavy as possible

B. 12 Minute AMRAP:
50' OH KB Carry each arm, 55 lbs.
10 calorie row
1 muscle up into 5 dips

C. 3xmax effort floor press, dumbell.
3x12 bicep curls over the GHD. That's what it's for right? :roflmao:

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Fd my shoulder up and have been a puss at the gym since.. gotta get back in it good.. heat is killer tho