Barx10
135x12
225x5 paused
275x3
315x3
365x1 better
375x1 moved ok
385x0
385x1 semi assist.... This was supposed to be my working set of 1-4 I really felt crappy tonight after work, super gassy:eek: So better than last week were I missed 365 but sucks I'm behind almost week it seems...

Deads
340x4
355x4
365x2

Front squats
135x10
225x3 blew ass on the 3rd rep:eek:
275x0 F-it Im done, sometimes you just have to be okay with what you got;)
I have a 90 minute massage tomorrow so hopefully that will help my Si joint some more, it got a little tight today. Doesn't help I'm stuck working 7 and 1 for the next few weeks...

lts1ow

Needs moar PAH!
May 14, 2012
NJ
On the home gym topic, for me, local weight is ~$1 per pound, sooooo setting up for a 600lb deadlift? Can't afford that :roflmao:

OneSlickGlide

Oct 20, 2015
You suck....

I'm on a 12 week cut and eating nothing but lean meats and veggies... I walk around pissed off and hungry all day now haha

I'm with ya on this. Been cutting for about 2 months now. Cutting on 2200 cals currently. Always hungry. Grrrrr. Down 10 lbs however.

I have no motivation working out at the house and I've had a sold all my equipment. The gym should have everything you need without sacrificing space at home.

I agree. I can't focus at home. Too many distractions. I like to hit the gym and zone out to what I'm doing.

New leg press record for me. 24 plates 1080lbs x 4.

Holy shit. That's awesome. My max leg press is over 800.

DetailsUnlimited

Oct 26, 2009
Benton, Ar
HOL EEEEE FCK!!!! that's a lot of weight

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I'm with ya on this. Been cutting for about 2 months now. Cutting on 2200 cals currently. Always hungry. Grrrrr. Down 10 lbs however.

I agree. I can't focus at home. Too many distractions. I like to hit the gym and zone out to what I'm doing.

Holy shit. That's awesome. My max leg press is over 800.

Thanks, it's not easy to say the least! I do squats B4 leg press to help loosen up. I start with 8 plates total. 10x's feet up high, then 10x's feet lower then add 2 plates each side doing the same until I reach my max. Then same going back down until 4 plates both side and rep out with each leg individually.

DMAXchris

It’s only temporary!
Apr 28, 2009
Natrona Heights PA
Just started back after a year and a half break due to a shoulder injury. It sure does take longer to heal at 35 than it does at 25. Going for a different approach this time. Im a small guy, 135 when not working out and eating like a horse. Doing the less weight more reps method and its working quite well so far. Im on a plant based protein supplement due to digestive issues and have already gained back 4lbs in a month. Its so hard not to go in and start stacking more weight out of habit, but its better than getting hurt again and I feel great.

Totally agree on the workout at home thing. I tried it for about 3 days and joined the gym again. Lol.

ScreaminDuramax

Sep 19, 2013
Torrance
Whats up guys, been reading this thread for a while now and decided I might as well jump in. Ive been on and off with the gym for the last 3 years and just this year decided to devote time each day to hit the gym hard and get the results I want. Im looking to start lifting heavy, but a little nervous on my knees and back. Ive had my knee go out on my twice now doing nothing but jumping on my dirtbike. I leg press 12 plates no problem 15 x 4, but want to go higher. just nervous. And haven't had any issues with my back, but don't want to start any either.

Im 22, 5'11, and weigh about 190 give or take 3 lbs.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Just started back after a year and a half break due to a shoulder injury. It sure does take longer to heal at 35 than it does at 25. Going for a different approach this time. Im a small guy, 135 when not working out and eating like a horse. Doing the less weight more reps method and its working quite well so far. Im on a plant based protein supplement due to digestive issues and have already gained back 4lbs in a month. Its so hard not to go in and start stacking more weight out of habit, but its better than getting hurt again and I feel great.

Totally agree on the workout at home thing. I tried it for about 3 days and joined the gym again. Lol.

Welcome back to the iron:thumb: What kind of shoulder injury did you have?

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Whats up guys, been reading this thread for a while now and decided I might as well jump in. Ive been on and off with the gym for the last 3 years and just this year decided to devote time each day to hit the gym hard and get the results I want. Im looking to start lifting heavy, but a little nervous on my knees and back. Ive had my knee go out on my twice now doing nothing but jumping on my dirtbike. I leg press 12 plates no problem 15 x 4, but want to go higher. just nervous. And haven't had any issues with my back, but don't want to start any either.

Im 22, 5'11, and weigh about 190 give or take 3 lbs.

What kind of knee problems are you having?

Back/Core exercises are the key to not injuring your back in the gym. Also learning proper core bracing techniques is very important as well.

DMAXchris

It’s only temporary!
Apr 28, 2009
Natrona Heights PA
Welcome back to the iron:thumb: What kind of shoulder injury did you have?

Anterior Deltiod strain. I work with granite so rehab was slow and I wanted to wait until I was pain free. I think going too heavy in the gym played a part in the injury. Its weird mentally to bench press 115x16, but it produces the same effect. I just want to gain a solid 15 lbs of muscle and Ill be happy.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Anterior Deltiod strain. I work with granite so rehab was slow and I wanted to wait until I was pain free. I think going too heavy in the gym played a part in the injury. Its weird mentally to bench press 115x16, but it produces the same effect. I just want to gain a solid 15 lbs of muscle and Ill be happy.

Right on. The gym can be a blessing or a curse lol

ScreaminDuramax

Sep 19, 2013
Torrance
What kind of knee problems are you having?

Back/Core exercises are the key to not injuring your back in the gym. Also learning proper core bracing techniques is very important as well.

I don't have any that I know of. But I do walk pigeon towed (although I try to correct it) having my knee dislocate twice makes me think its weak

and sounds good.

DetailsUnlimited

Oct 26, 2009
Benton, Ar
For you guys starting back in the gym, don't think you need to go all ape shit and lifting heavy! You will hurt yourself and be right back where you started. Focus on proper form!!! Lift moderate weight and focus on the muscle(s) you are working on. Then start with more reps with moderate weight building and using correct form. Why do you think all them damn mirrors are in there for!?! Yes I know what most ppl use the mirrors for! just a little help for those who want to get the most out of your workout.

lts1ow

Needs moar PAH!
May 14, 2012
NJ
Relying on mirrors for form correction is a bad shortcoming to set yourself up for. This only goes for squat/dead but any competition or just a different gym won't have mirrors so don't hobble yourself relying on em.

lts1ow

Needs moar PAH!
May 14, 2012
NJ
Yes that is correct. But it helps if you have no one to help correct your form is the point.

I am that loser who has some archaic like 10mp camera to video my 1rm/3rm stuff. :D Other than chewing through batteries like it was going out of style, it helps quick review sets and make sure bad habits are being worked on.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Smashed legs today. Nothing really to post about on squats other than I did them full depth light weight for sets of 10 and no pain.

Finished up leg press at 900x5.

Hobbled out of the gym

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ScreaminDuramax

Sep 19, 2013
Torrance
Smashed legs today. Nothing really to post about on squats other than I did them full depth light weight for sets of 10 and no pain.

Hobbled out of the gym

if you can walk out of the gym on leg day looking normal, you did it wrong!

DetailsUnlimited

Oct 26, 2009
Benton, Ar

Hobbled out of the gym

Come on now! Just four more plates!!! Hit the big 1080
if you can walk out of the gym on leg day looking normal, you did it wrong!

I'm bringing my kids asphalt chalk to the gym and writing above the handicap parking sign on the ground "LEG DAY PARKING ONLY"!!!!