Weekend on The Edge

Osubeaver

Professional Grade
Aug 30, 2008
Oregon
Sorry about your engine Trent.

But you're right, that is pretty impressive. Good luck with your next build.

whitetrash21

put on da damn helmet day
Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
That window the block??? Where'd the flame come out at??

Sorry to see it man, you had an impressive season though. Hopefully next year does the same for you.....

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
That window the block??? Where'd the flame come out at??

Sorry to see it man, you had an impressive season though. Hopefully next year does the same for you.....

No the block is fine , it basically shot oil every were from pressurizing the crank case , hit all the hot pipes and turned to fire instantly , I drove the truck on the trailer , and off it to and into the shop , short of oil leaking and a miss it is still kicking :D , By buddy Tom got a real good video of it just waiting for him to upload it on you tube and i will post it . man i wish i could have finished that run :baby: coasted to a 10.16 @ 116

Last edited:

SteveFord

What's Next?
May 8, 2008
Iowa
No the block is fine , it basically shot oil every were from pressurizing the crank case , hit all the hot pipes and turned to fire instantly , I drove the truck on the trailer , and off it to and into the shop , short of oil leaking and a miss it is still kicking :D , By buddy Tom got a real good video of it just waiting for him to upload it on you tube and i will post it . man i wish i could have finished that run :baby: coasted to a 10.16 @ 116

Sorry to hear that Trent. I do know someone (TJ) that would probably buy your motor and have you fix it and drop it in his truck along with the turbo kit he is getting from you lol! Hopefully see you in Topeka one way or another.

Last edited:

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV

I hear you Trent. Rob had cut a wicked 60' and was hauling ass when the intake weld broke and we fragged the turbos and engine in Boise last April. We had never put that much power to it before and it was flying, until it broke.:(

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
Trent that beats Matt on the windowed block! I think we need to to talk to Rob on carnage awards:D

That looks fricken cool!!!!!!

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
Trent that beats Matt on the windowed block! I think we need to to talk to Rob on carnage awards:D

That looks fricken cool!!!!!!

Thats funny Simon i def agree :D to set the record straight the block did not window , i have heard the rumors spreading already , not quite sure why they are but ???? I will have pics of the tear down and will post them up like i always do , the block is fine though and so far only aprears to be a piston .

NADM Marketman

Highly Optimistic
Aug 17, 2010
KC MO
www.runNADM.com
I want to thank everyone involved in making Weekend on the Edge a success! The guys who read my plea here to show the SLC/RMR that a diesel event could stand on it's own to our sponsors and vendors who made the event possible.

Not only did we show them that enough competitors could show but entertain the 3000 spectators who showed up to watch for a normal length of time at the track.

Same goes for the sled pull, enough competitors of top quality to entertain close to 3000 fans in the seats, in fact most did not want to leave!

Special thanks goes to Edge, Premier Performance, AirDog, K&N, and the United Truck & Tractor Pullers!

Personal thanks goes to Gene, Chuck, Tracy, Jared, Mike, Fabian, Brandon, Bryce, Josh, and Jim for great promotions.

All the other vendors and supporters of the event including local diesel shops and diesel clubs we made Weekend on the Edge a true National event with all three diesel activities available with success, drag racing, dyno and pulling:thumb::thumb::thumb:

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
Thanks for coming out guys it was a great time , we had some mix ups that could not be un done , but you guys were very receptive to talk with and i feel it will not happen again and apreciate you guys kicking in a little more $$ into the second place pot .

timoloco

Sep 7, 2010
Sorry about the engine trent, but from the stands it looked badass. See ya next year!!!