Upgrades now no start.

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
Ecu controls the injection events and is easy to eliminate, could also be a pin not seating in the harness, it seems you have eliminated most everything else. Not sure how a bent pushrod or rod could be intermittent...

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.
Well did compression test on the truck and cylinder 2 showed zero psi... Could a valve be stuck open or is it for sure a hole in piston?

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
I take that back, if a valve is open, put some air into the cylinder and see if it comes out the intake or exhaust, have to pull manifold IC tube off the bridge

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.
Ok so his mechanic put air to it and he said he couldn't here any air anywhere. Any ideas? I'm gonna be messing with the truck this weekend and will put air to it myself.

Bustedknuckles

Honey Badger
Sep 25, 2010
Hagerstown MD
Well did compression test on the truck and cylinder 2 showed zero psi... Could a valve be stuck open or is it for sure a hole in piston?

Valve lash could be adjusted way wrong. Double check that, and then put air into the cylinder. It will either come out the intake, exhaust or oil fill and that will tell you where the problem is.

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.
Valve lash could be adjusted way wrong. Double check that, and then put air into the cylinder. It will either come out the intake, exhaust or oil fill and that will tell you where the problem is.

He put air in it today and see he couldn't hear any leaks anywhere (idk how that's possible it has to go somewhere)

PACougar

Jun 27, 2012
El Dorado Hills, Ca
He put air in it today and see he couldn't hear any leaks anywhere (idk how that's possible it has to go somewhere)

It's totally possible, mine leaks somewhere very slowly and I can't hear it to save my life. I'm not talking about a leak that would affect drivability or power. Is the air leaking out as quickly as he's putting it in?

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.
It's totally possible, mine leaks somewhere very slowly and I can't hear it to save my life. I'm not talking about a leak that would affect drivability or power. Is the air leaking out as quickly as he's putting it in?

He said when he did a compression test the gauge never moved off zero. He thought the gauge was messed up but wasn't. I'm not sure more than likely I'll have to do it all over when I get to the truck.

coker6303

Keep Calm and Chive On!!
Aug 6, 2009
Houston, TX
Isn't that what putting air in it is? A leak down test?

Sort of. You are measuring the % loss across rings, valves, etc. you will always have leakage past the piston rings and hear it out the crank case vent.

Someone else may be able to explain better

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.
Yes I know what a leak down test is but that's what I was thinking he did, I figured it was just another way of saying it.