Upgrades now no start.

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.
This is what it looks like while cranking with commanding max fuel
Pressure in DVT, unplugging FPR, and normal crank up.
2a5uvaty.jpg

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.
Also just cranked it over for about 15 seconds and this is how much fuel came out of the return line to fuel tank. This is while commanding 160mpa in DVT. Shouldn't it be way less?
y7a4upyn.jpg

Yellow Jacket

WannaBe Sled Puller
Feb 11, 2009
Waterloo, IA
Yes. Still nothing. It's commanding 6000psi and actual is at 230-300psi.

You need around 2000 psi for injectors to even fire. Your relief valve is likely not fully seated or shimmed wrong. Pull small rubber return hose off fprv to see if fuel comes from there when cranking. Or one of the injectors is returning some serious amount of fuel.

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.
You need around 2000 psi for injectors to even fire. Your relief valve is likely not fully seated or shimmed wrong. Pull small rubber return hose off fprv to see if fuel comes from there when cranking. Or one of the injectors is returning some serious amount of fuel.

Thanks. Did it and baggy on the left is coming tom Fprv and baggy on right is coming from injector return lines inlet from fprv.
9apa4umu.jpg

So must be injector stuck closed right? Easiest way to find it would be pull all return lines off top of injectors and which ever one hoses me down will be it?

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
pull the glow plugs and hold a peice of card board over each hole with the injectors disconnected from firing, then crank the sucker over and see which one sprays fuel all over the card board

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.
Ok checked all driver side return lines. No fuel really shot out just drained out a bit. Will it shoot out a good little stream? Or should I just pull glow plugs instead?

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
The fuel won't shoot out the return lines, it will shoot out the injector tip. Only way to see that is to pull the glow plugs, then it will come out the glow plug hole and get the cardboard wet.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
return rate isnt gunna do much for you if an injector is stuck open and without a graduated cyl to see just how much you get per injector, its a guessing game

ALLY Fox

Old Man Truck
Dec 14, 2010
Oregon 7S5
I know it doesn't help, but I have learned the HARD way to only do one mod at a time and drive a few days or even weeks before I start the next one. That way, when-not if-I screw something up, I'll have a better clue as to where I need to start looking.....

rmk800ak

Jun 27, 2009
Fairbanks AK.
Had a similar problem with my 2010 after shimming the fprv . Could not get it to seat correctly no matter what I did . Just crank and crank . Finally just bought a full plug from xtream diesel and it's all good . Don't know what went wrong with the fprv but it would not quit leaking . Had half a bottle just cranking no start . Drove me nuts ! I used some washers and shimmed it fully and took the spring out to get me by tell my plug came and once in awhile would get a reduced power with the temp fix but I was able I drive it . Good luck hope this helps !

Last edited: