Upgrades now no start.

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.
Had a similar problem with my 2010 after shimming the fprv . Could not get it to seat correctly no matter what I did . Just crank and crank . Finally just bought a full plug from xtream diesel and it's all good . Don't know what went wrong with the fprv but it would not quit leaking . Had half a bottle just cranking no start . Drove me nuts ! I used some washers and shimmed it fully and took the spring out to get me by tell my plug came and once in awhile would get a reduced power with the temp fix but I was able I drive it . Good luck hope this helps !

I already eliminated the fprv.

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.
Anyway to possible clean them to get them unstuck? I just don't understand how they can be fine before honing then stuck after.

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.
Replaced the two injectors and found one stuck on the passenger side. Shouldn't the truck start with just one stuck injector??? This is really frustrating me really need some help.

Yellow Jacket

WannaBe Sled Puller
Feb 11, 2009
Waterloo, IA
Replaced the two injectors and found one stuck on the passenger side. Shouldn't the truck start with just one stuck injector??? This is really frustrating me really need some help.

I had a customers 05 I put 35-40% (100 hp) II nozzles on and dropped a puck and didn't realize it. It started with extended cranking and dripped fuel out the downpipe after starting up and idling.

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.
Ok figured it out. There was three total messed up, fixed two and pulled the third one and saw the puck was missing. My buddy must have lost it when he looked a t the injector... I put another puck in it just to see if it would at least run, it does. So now I've got another injector on its way.

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.
Replaced the injectors and in ran great for two days. Then it started white smoking and acting like it was running off 7 cylinders. Threw misfire cylinder 2 code. Runs little rough. I dk what the deal is now.

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.
Try a different ecu and see if it stops...

What would the ECU have to do with it? Not asking in a rude way just wondering your input on it. Truck ran fine before and after twins and injectors for two days (not getting on it either) then just cruising felt the motor run rough and smoking. Got home found a code (cyl 2 misfire) balance rates where all good except 2 and 7 where +6. There was a small tick when it was running good and now it's gone. No blow by either. I was thinking injector but after reading some could be bent pushrod or rod? Doing compression test this week.