Ultimate Callout Challenge watch

Utahski

Oct 20, 2008
Northern Utah
Wtf is this funny how elevation kills these guys hahaha

This track isn't usually very well prepped. Then the altitude thing.....lots of people used to low elevation don't realize how much effect it has. Salt Lake City is about 4400' elevation, and during race season the temp will be about 100 degrees or more out there. Yesterday's temp. was a very windy 80* with humidity around 20% or so. A friend's app said 6800' DA, later the announcer said 6000' DA. Whatever, it makes a noticeable difference. This track is always slower.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Any video of the racing or did I miss the link? Saw the dyno stuff.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

lutzjk913

May 5, 2010
groveport, ohio
This track isn't usually very well prepped. Then the altitude thing.....lots of people used to low elevation don't realize how much effect it has. Salt Lake City is about 4400' elevation, and during race season the temp will be about 100 degrees or more out there. Yesterday's temp. was a very windy 80* with humidity around 20% or so. A friend's app said 6800' DA, later the announcer said 6000' DA. Whatever, it makes a noticeable difference. This track is always slower.

With this in mind and knowing what elevation can do I'm surprised with how well labon is doing. He's from the same neck of the woods as me and usually our air is pretty damn decent around here.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
If I wasn't in bumblefk nowhere I could stream it maybe.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
If I wasn't in bumblefk nowhere I could stream it maybe.

well damn it dale! you just keep shooting yourself in the foot here! :D youtube should have some highlights of the drags. just search under "ultimate callout challenge"

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Ya I know. I'm up near the Northwest territories border in an airport. Up here trying to find a fn job. Fires cancelled my interview so wasted trip.

What time do the pulls start again? I might be back in civilization by 2 mountain time.

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Ya I know. I'm up near the Northwest territories border in an airport. Up here trying to find a fn job. Fires cancelled my interview so wasted trip.

What time do the pulls start again? I might be back in civilization by 2 mountain time.

well that sucks! they start at 4pm MST

delong_1

<< my work
Dec 5, 2008
Arvada, CO

Trust me I know we are at 5200' or something stupid. Race at bandimere all summer. I laugh my ass of during DPC because very few guys understand how altitude completely kills turbo spool up

delong_1

<< my work
Dec 5, 2008
Arvada, CO
With this in mind and knowing what elevation can do I'm surprised with how well labon is doing. He's from the same neck of the woods as me and usually our air is pretty damn decent around here.

I'm sure he had a decent idea how to prepare since he's dealt with even worse air in Denver a few times.

Utahski

Oct 20, 2008
Northern Utah
Trust me I know we are at 5200' or something stupid. Race at bandimere all summer. I laugh my ass of during DPC because very few guys understand how altitude completely kills turbo spool up

Yeah, worse for you than it is for Salt Lake. And I live at almost 7000', feel it even more up here. For people at low altitude it's hard to imagine what a difference this makes.

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Yeah, worse for you than it is for Salt Lake. And I live at almost 7000', feel it even more up here. For people at low altitude it's hard to imagine what a difference this makes.

just on a stock turbo, you gain damn near 2 sec more spool up time at or near 7k feet. its funny how you get use to the lag up that high, then when you drop to sea level you think the truck got a damn super charger on it cause of how quick it lights :rofl:

Cknight199

Aug 23, 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
IMO altitude does not effect max power if your compounded. It's much more noticeable with singles.

However elevation affects spool up drastically no matter what, but once it's spoiled the turbos compensate for the air density

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk