Ultimate Callout Challenge watch

bluessmax

Tabasco Injected!
Nov 4, 2010
Lake Charles, la
We worked our tails off trying to get Chavis truck right. At the end of the day, the Chargers were just too big to even have the power on the bottom at this altitude to push it up to the 3500 stall.

I can say, 500% injectors are freaking huge and 3 12mm pumps. Lol!

I played hard in tuning trying to get the truck to spool, I even called Brayden over and had him lend a hand at tuning/diagnosing it - at the end of the day we can only do what the parts allow.

Congrats to Dustin V for laying down nearly 1600hp. Super happy for you man. Also congrats to Dmitri for breaking your 2,000hp goal. It's unreal that out here if you don't have 1500+ you have nothing. Just purely insane.

Duramax crowd, we all have some work to do to get up to the 6.7 cummins level that's out here. Lol!! Hate to say it, but true!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
Cummins clan is tearing it up.

Very glad to see Rosscups 10.4x in his LB7. Truck has came a long ways. Also impressed with Huskers truck the past year.

Chris is a good guy, I know him personally and when I met him he was just starting out with that rig, running a built trans a and PPE tuner,

prostreeter600

Street rodder
Jul 18, 2010
Dallas Tx
I was just wondering if our DMAX competitors had OEM blocks and heads and if our competition Cummins guys were also running OEM
blocks and heads . But now I'm guessing that they probably are not .

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
The Fleece 6.4 comp engine (Milliken & Rose trucks) and D&J whatever-it-is engine in Lavon's truck(s) are setting a bar for sure! What does Reyes run? He made great power and looked to run dang fast for such a big ass truck!

I don't think those cummins are billet blocks but they are certainly aftermarket heads. Which is exactly what the heaviest hitting dmaxes are too.

Chavis/Diesel Bros are going to catch a lot of flack for a while over their showing, or lack thereof, at this event. I hate that for HSP and honestly, Chavis seems ok too, but otherwise, I ain't mad at it. :D I just can't get in line with the persona Diesel Bros puts out. IMO it's just not healthy for the industry in the big picture. But that's been beat to death so no sense going down that road again.

When do the pulls start? Does each truck get multiple tries to go as far as they can or is it a one & done deal like a normal sled pull competition?

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
It would've been neat to see Randy Reyes' dually compete against Jeremy's dually from Custom Auto from the 2012 DPC. That's hauling for that heavy truck.:thumb:

Cknight199

Aug 23, 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
Sled pulls are standard format. If they stop before 75ft then they can get a repull. They also can make 2 full pulls if they feel they can do better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cat_dr.

Feb 20, 2013
Jackson,Al
The trans had problems and broke after a couple runs. They pulled it in the pits, the builder took it apart. Didn't get it back in before the 8pm deadline.
So explain the last pass he made at around 9 that was an 11 something pass and then caught the truck on fire when it exploded