twin cp3

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Leave the pressure demand the same but I'd drop to 2950 with timing changed to match and see where your rail comes up to. Of you gain a 1000 or so rail back, throw the dual on and have fun.

Nov 4, 2012
Harrisonville Mo
Leave the pressure demand the same but I'd drop to 2950 with timing changed to match and see where your rail comes up to. Of you gain a 1000 or so rail back, throw the dual on and have fun.

The twin cp3s are going on just seeing what I should do for compensation for them what should I do for timing you think also thanks for all the input guys I appreciate it

plowboy_lbz

Farmer
Aug 6, 2013
There is only so much you can do to a tune to stop you from draining rail.

If your cp3 is weak or injectors are returning fuel your going to drain the rail no matter what you do. But I went from one tuner draining the rail to a different tuner who kept the rail up without changing any hard parts. I had no idea how many different tables there are to adjust on the fueling side. FCA %'s, pulse width, command pressures. A small adjustment can make a big difference.

OP I'd try to find out why your draining the rail before adding the duels. Whether it be the tuning or possible worn injectors or cp3. Isolate the problem before adding something else to the mix that could complicate matters worse.

Nov 4, 2012
Harrisonville Mo
I am not draining my rail just have the kit laying around and want to prolong the life of the valley pump thats all really I know it may sound stupid but I dont hardly have any money in the kit and pump and I know its possible to do just want to know what I should do for tuning is all

plowboy_lbz

Farmer
Aug 6, 2013
I am not draining my rail just have the kit laying around and want to prolong the life of the valley pump thats all really I know it may sound stupid but I dont hardly have any money in the kit and pump and I know its possible to do just want to know what I should do for tuning is all

Ok I get what your saying. Hell yea throw that baby on. I know the kits have some sort of splitter box so you should be able to put it on the leave the tuning the same or add pulse width if you like.

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
The twin cp3s are going on just seeing what I should do for compensation for them what should I do for timing you think also thanks for all the input guys I appreciate it

I'm giving you an idea to bring pulse back to keep you at the same power your at now even after adding the second pump. I'm not gunna call it a "safer area" but more of putting you back at where you were prior to the second pump. Make sense?

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
If your cp3 is weak or injectors are returning fuel your going to drain the rail no matter what you do. But I went from one tuner draining the rail to a different tuner who kept the rail up without changing any hard parts. I had no idea how many different tables there are to adjust on the fueling side. FCA %'s, pulse width, command pressures. A small adjustment can make a big difference.

OP I'd try to find out why your draining the rail before adding the duels. Whether it be the tuning or possible worn injectors or cp3. Isolate the problem before adding something else to the mix that could complicate matters worse.

Ok I get what your saying. Hell yea throw that baby on. I know the kits have some sort of splitter box so you should be able to put it on the leave the tuning the same or add pulse width if you like.

Dude you really gotta step back for a sec here. You already suggested he throw money at another tuner in hopes that fixes his rail pressure even after you said not to be a "part replacer". He's already given quite a bit of info on his tune setup and what he is describing is good compared to what other trucks so saying it could be other hard parts is just a stab in dark. Brand new injectors and a new single s
Cp3 will only fix his issue for so long till things start wearing and returns start to come up, that can start as early as 10k miles.

This "splitter box" is the fpr box that takes the for signal and makes it so it runs the second fpr, it does nothing for the tune.

red1977

Nov 15, 2010
Ogden Utah
My truck keeps throwing the p0089 code ( fuel pressure regulator code), would that cause low rail pressure is its bad?

Nov 4, 2012
Harrisonville Mo
I'm giving you an idea to bring pulse back to keep you at the same power your at now even after adding the second pump. I'm not gunna call it a "safer area" but more of putting you back at where you were prior to the second pump. Make sense?

Yes sir makes perfect since now if I can get my tuner on the same page lol so I guess I am still a little confused what am I changing other then adding a pump y should I have to change my tunes is it because I am not going to drop that psi like I am now or what

plowboy_lbz

Farmer
Aug 6, 2013
Dude you really gotta step back for a sec here. You already suggested he throw money at another tuner in hopes that fixes his rail pressure even after you said not to be a "part replacer". He's already given quite a bit of info on his tune setup and what he is describing is good compared to what other trucks so saying it could be other hard parts is just a stab in dark. Brand new injectors and a new single s
Cp3 will only fix his issue for so long till things start wearing and returns start to come up, that can start as early as 10k miles.

This "splitter box" is the fpr box that takes the for signal and makes it so it runs the second fpr, it does nothing for the tune.

Switching tuners its quite a bit cheaper than changing injectors or cp3. If he's running good tuning then no doubt stay with what he has. I just merely stated through my experience that the tuning is what was causing my drained rail. It seems 21K actual vs 23.5K desired that he is draining his rail but it could be that the tune is just calling for more than his cp3 can supply given that its in good shape.

Yes sir makes perfect since now if I can get my tuner on the same page lol so I guess I am still a little confused what am I changing other then adding a pump y should I have to change my tunes is it because I am not going to drop that psi like I am now or what

It would seem that simple to me. Given your tuning is all good I don't see why you couldn't do that..??

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az

Because the gain in pressure will let you hold rail which will increase hp. Dropping pulse will put you closer to what it ran on rail that was falling.

Switching tuners its quite a bit cheaper than changing injectors or cp3. If he's running good tuning then no doubt stay with what he has. I just merely stated through my experience that the tuning is what was causing my drained rail. It seems 21K actual vs 23.5K desired that he is draining his rail but it could be that the tune is just calling for more than his cp3 can supply given that its in good shape.

He already has the cp3 and kit for less than or equal to a good used cp3 but it seems you missed that.

plowboy_lbz

Farmer
Aug 6, 2013
Because the gain in pressure will let you hold rail which will increase hp. Dropping pulse will put you closer to what it ran on rail that was falling.

He already has the cp3 and kit for less than or equal to a good used cp3 but it seems you missed that.

What if he wants all the power he can get from his setup?

I didn't miss that. I originally thought he was loosing RP and wanted to know if it was a good idea to add a second pump or not. But now I see he is asking a tuning question and is going to add the second pump regardless.

Yellow Jacket

WannaBe Sled Puller
Feb 11, 2009
Waterloo, IA
That sounds great how long have you had that set up and whats your mi on the truck now

S366, headers &up-pipes, 90 hp nozzles have been on over 2 years with 2400 us pulsewidth tune and only maintaining 21,000-22,000 rail pressure and truck would not smoke on top end at all... dual fueller has been on 1over month and I bumped pulsewidth to 3000 us and rail pressure holds 26,000 as commanded now, made a couple hooks here end of the season f**king around since we busted my 3.0 truck crank at Scheid...

Nov 4, 2012
Harrisonville Mo
S366, headers &up-pipes, 90 hp nozzles have been on over 2 years with 2400 us pulsewidth tune and only maintaining 21,000-22,000 rail pressure and truck would not smoke on top end at all... dual fueller has been on 1over month and I bumped pulsewidth to 3000 us and rail pressure holds 26,000 as commanded now, made a couple hooks here end of the season f**king around since we busted my 3.0 truck crank at Scheid...

Sounds like a sweet set up how long you think it will last with that set up and you think I should keep my tunes the same or change my pw some

Yellow Jacket

WannaBe Sled Puller
Feb 11, 2009
Waterloo, IA
Sounds like a sweet set up how long you think it will last with that set up and you think I should keep my tunes the same or change my pw some

I don't expect mine to last forever, not sure how long it will... I hope to be in the 650 rwhp range on a SuperFlow dyno, should know yet this fall.

I would stay the same, a little too much fuel can actually reduce exhaust temps.