twin cp3

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
He's dropping to 20k ish and commanding 23500 iirc from a couple logs he sent me

25k drop to 21 or 20

your not gunna notice a huge difference in adding the dual fueler then. you will mainly feel the gain in the upper RPMs.

your already in the "iffy zone" for something that could happen to your motor. IMHO, adding dual fuelers wont put you much more at risk but that doesnt mean the first WOT run with duals wont bend rods or crack a piston.

bluecollar

Feb 28, 2012
ia
your not gunna notice a huge difference in adding the dual fueler then. you will mainly feel the gain in the upper RPMs.

your already in the "iffy zone" for something that could happen to your motor. IMHO, adding dual fuelers wont put you much more at risk but that doesnt mean the first WOT run with duals wont bend rods or crack a piston.

Its a lb7 so hopefully dont have to worry bout the pistons, hes not lookin for a whole lot og gain but to just take the load off the valley pump james.. justin i was scared when i seen 27000 psi on the gauge now i just dont look lol

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
This thread is confusing me. Is bluecollar tuning your truck or helping you out? So you already have the dual pump set up but your unsure if you want to install? I would still run the newer single in valley for reliability and call it good.

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Ok should I drop pulse with some or just leave it not rally looking for a gain just long term

it wouldnt hurt to drop it some to be safe

Its a lb7 so hopefully dont have to worry bout the pistons, hes not lookin for a whole lot og gain but to just take the load off the valley pump james.. justin i was scared when i seen 27000 psi on the gauge now i just dont look lol

it is less likely to crack on in a lb7 but it still happens. never something to throw out of the equation. i had a piston just starting to crack when i tore my motor down, this was on stock sticks, stock turbo and big pw like fast is running for a long time till i put twins on which lasted all of 2 months. I know he was looking to take strain off the valley cp3 but it seemed like he was also implying if he could run it on his current tuning, may have mistaken the text for that.

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
This thread is confusing me. Is bluecollar tuning your truck or helping you out? So you already have the dual pump set up but your unsure if you want to install? I would still run the newer single in valley for reliability and call it good.

as long as we are getting correct info, it doesnt really matter who is tuning the truck. it seems Fast is wanting to keep that on the down low :D ;) :hug:. He already has the dual fueler setup for what a single decent used lbz pump would cost. there is nothing any more unreliable in a dual fueler stock pump setup other than the extra frp control box. and even still, carry a stock belt and the fuel rail plug and the second pump wont leave you stranded.

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
You may not see any gain because I had the same problem only mine was dropping to 17000 I added a new pump in the valley same thing I added dual fuelers with a new pump same thing.My injectors were sending the fuel back to the tank.I didnt care because I wanted 2xcp3 and 60 overs anyways.Do a bottle test,you might need to do injectors right after you install your twin cp3.

bluecollar

Feb 28, 2012
ia

No im not tuning it just lending a hand looking at logs for him..

Nov 4, 2012
Harrisonville Mo
You may not see any gain because I had the same problem only mine was dropping to 17000 I added a new pump in the valley same thing I added dual fuelers with a new pump same thing.My injectors were sending the fuel back to the tank.I didnt care because I wanted 2xcp3 and 60 overs anyways.Do a bottle test,you might need to do injectors right after you install your twin cp3.

Not saying its not possible but they are all new inj as well I am not looking for any gains just long term tired of doing valley cp3s lol

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
Just do it. If the tune is safe you will be fine. If its not then you will have a good excuse to build it....:D

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

plowboy_lbz

Farmer
Aug 6, 2013
Tuning plays a HUGE roll in all of this. I used to have SJD (Tim Hecker) tuning. On my stock cp3 the rail would drop to 19K psi when commanding 26K. This tune made just under 500 hp. He said I needed a better pump so I added a modified pump and still the best I could do was 23K psi. Long story short I switched to Rob's tuning and no more drained rail. Actual and desired right together. I see your from MO and I don't know who tuned your truck but changing tuners is a lot cheaper than throwing parts at it. Trust me I know!

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Tuning plays a HUGE roll in all of this. I used to have SJD (Tim Hecker) tuning. On my stock cp3 the rail would drop to 19K psi when commanding 26K. This tune made just under 500 hp. He said I needed a better pump so I added a modified pump and still the best I could do was 23K psi. Long story short I switched to Rob's tuning and no more drained rail. Actual and desired right together. I see your from MO and I don't know who tuned your truck but changing tuners is a lot cheaper than throwing parts at it. Trust me I know!

There is only so much you can do to a tune to stop you from draining rail.

Nov 4, 2012
Harrisonville Mo

Ya I know tuning does play a big part my tuner is great he has been tuning for a very long time but he just acts like he dont wanna mess with it I am willing to go down in tune to comp for the twins its just getting my tuner to do it