Top 25 Stock Duramax's

Noreaster

Jun 13, 2007
Cape Cod,MA
Good to see things are being kept in check on the list. As most can see almost everyone with a stock turbo hits the brick wall of 108mph except one on there. Anyone that gets more speed than that I would question. Just my opinion.

Jason's mph is off from the timing blocks being off at Sacramento, thats in a thread somewhere on the forum.

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
Folks Dudgy's truck is for real. It has almost 300,000 thousand miles on it if I remember correctly. Rony has it totally stripped, but it flies. The Mission track can DA below sea level and they prep it really well. Congratulations Dudgy/:thumb::thumb:

Dudgy

Runaway
Jun 1, 2010
Alberta
Folks Dudgy's truck is for real. It has almost 300,000 thousand miles on it if I remember correctly. Rony has it totally stripped, but it flies. The Mission track can DA below sea level and they prep it really well. Congratulations Dudgy/:thumb::thumb:

Thanks Ken, actually it's almost 200,000 miles, it has 312,000 KM's :D

skintback

Take this one to church
Mar 5, 2007
Florida
Makes me want to put a stocker back in and buy some drag tires that was the most fun i had with the truck.

Dudgy

Runaway
Jun 1, 2010
Alberta
Ya i love this challenge, i'm hoping to be the first to ever break into the 11's with this motor. I think it's possible, i need better tuning, still on stock tcm tune, need electric fans, and i'm sure i can shave some more weight somewhere

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
Ya i love this challenge, i'm hoping to be the first to ever break into the 11's with this motor. I think it's possible, i need better tuning, still on stock tcm tune, need electric fans, and i'm sure i can shave some more weight somewhere

Give me a call Rony:D

05chevy

Jun 10, 2010

I'm in the same boat have a tcm turn. Just having launching problems. And electric fans r next with castflows but since I broke the front diff I'm set back a little

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan

Its not easy, thats for sure. Watch getting greedy, as it will cost you. Must be nice to have people like Ken and Simon in your corner. :thumb: Good luck in your efforts.

Ive been chasing 11.99 for two years. If I ever get off my ass and work on the truck, Im going to give it one last try. Should be low 12.0s at least, since I finally got drag radials and the rollpan.

Dudgy

Runaway
Jun 1, 2010
Alberta
Its not easy, thats for sure. Watch getting greedy, as it will cost you. Must be nice to have people like Ken and Simon in your corner. :thumb: Good luck in your efforts.

Ive been chasing 11.99 for two years. If I ever get off my ass and work on the truck, Im going to give it one last try. Should be low 12.0s at least, since I finally got drag radials and the rollpan.

Ya it's not easy at all. But i just built this truck in march and april, only 28 runs on it over 3 weekends. And i'm already this far, that last 2 tenths are gonna be the toughest ones, that's for sure. If it doesn't happen this year, then i might not pull the motor and build it over the winter but just leave it in the truck and hopefully break into the 11's in BC again, below sealevel is a big advantage.:thumb:

You definitely have the MPH to be in the 12.1's, just gotta get that 1.60 60' in there. I also wanna upgrade my brakes so i can launch harder, anything over 12psi and i push thru them.

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
Ya it's not easy at all. But i just built this truck in march and april, only 28 runs on it over 3 weekends. And i'm already this far, that last 2 tenths are gonna be the toughest ones, that's for sure. If it doesn't happen this year, then i might not pull the motor and build it over the winter but just leave it in the truck and hopefully break into the 11's in BC again, below sealevel is a big advantage.:thumb:

You definitely have the MPH to be in the 12.1's, just gotta get that 1.60 60' in there. I also wanna upgrade my brakes so i can launch harder, anything over 12psi and i push thru them.

Couple things you can do. I went to Hawk brake pads on both Max'd Out and White Out, also you should bleed your brakes and also find someone with a tec 2 so you can do the abs as well. Change your power steering fluid. It plays a part in the brakes and made a big difference in White Out when I changed it out. Not totally sure exactly why but the old fluid looses something and in the process your brakes are not as strong. Maybe one of these experts on there can explain it. I just did it and it worked. Another thing is make your rear shocks vertical just behind the rear axle. I'd go to double adjustables too. IIRC you said you had Ranchos, I think there are better options, such as QA1's. It will take a little modding but make as huge difference on the launch. While that launch control is nice, especially for bracket racing I suggest you ditch it if you want to go faster and learn the sweet spot launching your truck. If you are looking for a tuner you know who I'd recommend. Good luck

Dudgy

Runaway
Jun 1, 2010
Alberta
My abs and park brake lights are on, haven't figured out why yet, sensors are all plugged in, wheel bearings are tight. i'll change my p/s fluid soon, i have new brake fluid, i might put new fluid in the whole brake system, and go with better pads and maybe rotors, the back rotors are pretty rough.

Thanks for the tips, when i go for fast runs again i'll ditch the launch control, i might just put a switch in there so i can turn it on and off.

I might also go to a fiberglass hood and box to lose some more weight

Last edited:

05chevy

Jun 10, 2010
I changed all.my brakes to hawk pads and I have qa1s up front and.have to.still.do them on the rear. I have left on 22psi a few times and my truck just hops real bad. And the last 22psi launch is when I broke the front diff. Lol. But on the rear shocks what is the proper angle to mount the shocks?

12secondhandshaker

<---Stock trans
Jan 21, 2009
Sparta, MI
No one has spent some coin on lightweight racing wheels either;)

The PYO's are light @ 16lbs each but you can only go up to a 9" wide tire. You guys running 30" x 14" slicks need a wider rim. At $365 each and only 11lbs these would cut some rolling weight off in a big way!

http://www.realwheel.net/products.php?catid=17

Also, has anyone removed A/C and or P/S?

The electric fans is a good idea I never thought of myself.

05chevy

Jun 10, 2010
My 16x10s I have my cheaters on weigh 21 lb and I don't know what the tire weighs but its night and day from them to my rockstars

Dudgy

Runaway
Jun 1, 2010
Alberta
No one has spent some coin on lightweight racing wheels either;)

The PYO's are light @ 16lbs each but you can only go up to a 9" wide tire. You guys running 30" x 14" slicks need a wider rim. At $365 each and only 11lbs these would cut some rolling weight off in a big way!

http://www.realwheel.net/products.php?catid=17

Also, has anyone removed A/C and or P/S?

The electric fans is a good idea I never thought of myself.

My A/C is all gone, except the junk behind the dash is still there. Removing power steering is a bad idea imo, especially cuz i run my truck on the street a little bit yet

I've never weighed my XD Revolvers, they might be pretty heavy, spokes look pretty beefy

Smokum

May 21, 2010
Nice Runs Dudgy! That's haulin the mail with a stock turbo. I think you have everything working in your favor to get into the 11's. Seems like you have a great attitude as well.:thumb: