To the cowardly mod who changed my signature

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkholder09

Jan 8, 2012
Maryland
This is exactly why I stay quiet if I don't know the answer or don't have any logical idea or suggestion to contribute. I'm still trying to build my truck and learn more all the time. I am an Ag Mechanic by trade but definitely don't know it all by any means. Actually a long, long ways from knowing enough even. :D I guess what I'm saying is some threads get so junked up by guys that should just keep quiet and pay attention to the guys that know what they're talking about. Sorry if this is off topic.

You are 100% correct.

But the beef is over guys who think they know trying to prove the other guy wrong.
Its about cumminforum guys who think boost is directly porportional to air. And don't realize power comes from maf flow.
Its about cliques of rich boys with built trans telling other members they need to do the same to be cool. Well some guys are damn good mechanics just getting by and moneys tight. And I bet its hard to humble themself and come hrre and ask for help. Only to get the normal get a full build. I wouldn't let anything else leave my shop attitude. Well sometimes the man can only afford a patch and gets no help.

That is my concern and in the end it does not have much of an impact. But I decided I was going to speak my piece on this and stand up for myself and my beliefs.

from mobile

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
You are 100% correct.

But the beef is over guys who think they know trying to prove the other guy wrong.
You are correct. There are a few people who post crap on the forum that don't have a clue, some of them are posting in this thread, and some of them get their avatars and signatures changed...

jkholder09

Jan 8, 2012
Maryland
You are correct. There are a few people who post crap on the forum that don't have a clue, some of them are posting in this thread, and some of them get their avatars and signatures changed...

And some own a shop and just don't know why boost don't mean power.........

from mobile

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
And some own a shop and just don't know why boost don't mean power.........

from mobile

Believe me, I understand. What you don't seem to understand is that unless you are changing the density of the air, you can't increase the flow of air through the heads without increasing either boost or RPM. At 20 psi, the stock turbo is still very efficient, so the bigger turbo will not be providing any better air. I think I have proven I know how to make power. What have you ever done other than put out poor quality work and screw people?

jkholder09

Jan 8, 2012
Maryland
Now that's a quality reply. Just what I was looking for.

You just have a bit more to learn about turbos, and maybe the "lanham act" :)
from mobile

Last edited:

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Holder, you didnt go by "gmdieseltech" a few years ago, did you? Try to go after Merchant for using the same name? Your postings sure "sound" like that guy, and quoting the Lanham Act was one of his favorite lines....

I personally think the DD Staff should bounce you instead of just humoring themselves, but its not my call.

Combine Pilot

They Call Me Mike
Feb 7, 2010
Saskatchewan
This is exactly why I stay quiet if I don't know the answer or don't have any logical idea or suggestion to contribute. I'm still trying to build my truck and learn more all the time. I am an Ag Mechanic by trade but definitely don't know it all by any means. Actually a long, long ways from knowing enough even. :D I guess what I'm saying is some threads get so junked up by guys that should just keep quiet and pay attention to the guys that know what they're talking about. Sorry if this is off topic.

I would also like to clarify that I am not speaking of anyone in particular, just a general statement.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Holder, you didnt go by "gmdieseltech" a few years ago, did you? Try to go after Merchant for using the same name? Your postings sure "sound" like that guy, and quoting the Lanham Act was one of his favorite lines....

I personally think the DD Staff should bounce you instead of just humoring themselves, but its not my call.

Don't worry, he's slowly tying his own noose.

Kappa9012

MAN.... I Broke it again.
Aug 5, 2008
Peoria Il
This thread has not proven a damn thing about mods doing as they please, which I could care less about.

The only thing this thread has done is make the entire forum look bad. pretty funny how this cloud of shit seems to be following a single person.

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Believe me, I understand. What you don't seem to understand is that unless you are changing the density of the air, you can't increase the flow of air through the heads without increasing either boost or RPM. At 20 psi, the stock turbo is still very efficient, so the bigger turbo will not be providing any better air. I think I have proven I know how to make power. What have you ever done other than put out poor quality work and screw people?

Josh, I think this is an interesting topic...if I may ask a question here...

By creating a denser air charge you would be getting more molecules into the cylinders and therefor be able to utilize more fuel and yield more power, right?

But creating a denser air charge technically isn't "flowing more air" is it? Technically speaking, the heads still have the same flow properties and ability, am I correct in thinking this?

I thought the only way to truly flow "more air" is to increase the volume potential of the head itself, isn't it? regardless of how much boost or rpm your set up makes and engine turns, don't get me wrong here, I realize (to a vague degree) that engine rpm and boost/air density matter, but when it comes down to it, don't the heads flow potential and cam profile have the greatest and final account to air flow?

Thnx

Last edited:

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
First off what would it do for you to find out WHO changed your avatar and molested your sig? NOTHING!

For the record it wasn't me but if it was I would straight up tell you I'm just as INTERNET keyboard tough as the next guy! If it was me it would be a dunce cap sitting in the corner on a stool avatar! :D

Then we have those that complain about these types of threads post in them complaining like someone was twisting their arm to even read this stupid thread then just ignore it. You know the real reason is you love to read the drama otherwise you wouldn't read it or post your diss like for that matter!

In saying that I do agree it is a waste of space but who cares? Don't read it it will go away soon enough. We didn't start it but we sure can end it. Soon enough! :D

jkholder09

Jan 8, 2012
Maryland
Mackin. Its not a big deal the sig and avatar. I am locked out of my usercp.
I have friends request I can't accept.
I can't pm so I had to start a thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.