LLY: Time to build the motor

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.
When exiting the track, you never pull off accross the other lane first until he has pulled off before you, unless the video just doesn't show the ford exiting first. The 2nd video is what im taking about.

How could he exit first when he is a mile behind me... Am I supposed to come to a complete stop and wait for him? Lol. It doesn't matter though I wasn't going to go that way anyways, but he flashed his lights at me to pull over, otherwise I would have went to the long route off the track like other video.

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not harping on you about it. I have had the same thing happen and I personally didn't like the idea of going over in front of them.

I know you aren't, neither did I but he wouldn't go I front of me. He pulled up behind me basically in my lane.

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
Wrong. You weren't there. You don't know what was going on. You the rookie.

Built motor, Dual cp3, 80% injected, 72mm turboed duramax that runs 8.0's telling me I'm the rookie? Put your rookie tuning away and get someone who can actually tune a truck so you can run 7.2's all day long....before calling me a rookie.

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.
Built motor, Dual cp3, 80% injected, 72mm turboed duramax that runs 8.0's telling me I'm the rookie? Put your rookie tuning away and get someone who can actually tune a truck so you can run 7.2's all day long....before calling me a rookie.

Haha the funny thing is even with this being the first time tuning a built truck and first time on the track with the new motor id still beat you. That's sad. Was I trying to go all out? No. It's called testing. If I would have had more time out there I'm sure I would have ran a 7 something, but when your losing rail pressure there is only so much you can do with a computer. So don't talk crap until you know your facts. Oh and I've tuned plenty of trucks and never had any complaints, had some say they liked them better than robs... Do you tune your own truck? No you don't so you wouldn't even know where to start.

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
Haha the funny thing is even with this being the first time tuning a built truck and first time on the track with the new motor id still beat you. That's sad. Was I trying to go all out? No. It's called testing. If I would have had more time out there I'm sure I would have ran a 7 something, but when your losing rail pressure there is only so much you can do with a computer. So don't talk crap until you know your facts. Oh and I've tuned plenty of trucks and never had any complaints, had some say they liked them better than robs... Do you tune your own truck? No you don't so you wouldn't even know where to start.

:jerkit:

Cknight199

Aug 23, 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
I'm with mike on this one, it's a huge nono not to turn infront of anyone at the strip. Our track has is printed everywhere not to do it. Doesn't matter how far back they are (unless they are broken of course)

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.
I'm with mike on this one, it's a huge nono not to turn infront of anyone at the strip. Our track has is printed everywhere not to do it. Doesn't matter how far back they are (unless they are broken of course)

If you want to be exact about it he turned behind me. Literally got in my lane and followed me. But it Doesn't matter what's done is done.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Holy Sh*t, I think we beat the "don't turn in front of the other guy" thing to death. No one but Quinton was there so the rest of yall can STFU!

Nice runs Quinton. I respect someone who is willing to tune there own junk, good job.

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon

There is nothing wrong with him wanting to tune his own rig, How do you think the big name tuners started out? you think they just snapped their fingers and there rigs were dialed in. I have personally spent 100's of hours behind the wheel of my rig and others and it sure as hell feels a lot better to be able to say you tuned it yourself. and I'm 100% positive Quinton is having a good time and learning a lot in the process. for me and I bet him too that is better then winning a race. I recently took on the challenge on tuning an LB7 truck with a LLY motor in it and running the LLY off the LB7 electronics. at first I tried to find a tuner who would tune it for me and when they all declined I said I can do this myself and I did. I spent 3 days of driving and tuning and when I had it done and dialed in to where it ran like a stock truck I was really glad I took on the challenge and It was rewarding to know I'm one of the few to pull this off.

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.
Holy Sh*t, I think we beat the "don't turn in front of the other guy" thing to death. No one but Quinton was there so the rest of yall can STFU!

Nice runs Quinton. I respect someone who is willing to tune there own junk, good job.

Thank you sir. It's a work in progress. After I work out all the bugs should be a runner.

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.
There is nothing wrong with him wanting to tune his own rig, How do you think the big name tuners started out? you think they just snapped their fingers and there rigs were dialed in. I have personally spent 100's of hours behind the wheel of my rig and others and it sure as hell feels a lot better to be able to say you tuned it yourself. and I'm 100% positive Quinton is having a good time and learning a lot in the process. for me and I bet him too that is better then winning a race. I recently took on the challenge on tuning an LB7 truck with a LLY motor in it and running the LLY off the LB7 electronics. at first I tried to find a tuner who would tune it for me and when they all declined I said I can do this myself and I did. I spent 3 days of driving and tuning and when I had it done and dialed in to where it ran like a stock truck I was really glad I took on the challenge and It was rewarding to know I'm one of the few to pull this off.

Exactly. Anyone can pay someone to do there tuning but doing your own tuning makes you feel that much better about it all. Learn a lot more about the truck that way to.