Things people do while driving that annoy you

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I can't seem to go anywhere anymore without someone doing something to aggravate me. So let's hear those things that really get under your skin when you're behind the wheel.

For me, something that I always run into is people who want to pace me. I can pass them and they will match my speed, or they will pass me and slow down to my speed. I speed up a little to try to get away from them, and they come right back. I use cruise control almost to a fault, so I know it isn't me.

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA
Following to close. My temper is almost non existent to what it used to be but that still makes me lose it completely for some reason.

Last edited:

04D_MAX

force fed
Sep 10, 2012
SOUTH GA
I can't seem to go anywhere anymore without someone doing something to aggravate me. So let's hear those things that really get under your skin when you're behind the wheel.

For me, something that I always run into is people who want to pace me. I can pass them and they will match my speed, or they will pass me and slow down to my speed. I speed up a little to try to get away from them, and they come right back. I use cruise control almost to a fault, so I know it isn't me.
I hate this and when truck drivers treat their rig like a corvette

AKlowriderZ71

May 14, 2012
Wyoming
Lately it seems like everyone wants to just ride along next to my truck, but intentionally in my blind spot. Once I notice them there, I either speed up or slow down a little bit, and they do the same damn thing! Irritates the effin' dog shit out of me! Can't quickly change lanes when some other douchebag swerves or pulls out in front of me, and the number of DB's in this area has grown exponentially in the past few years.

/rant. :D

Trotorx2

Sep 21, 2006
Beaumont, Texas

I do a lot of interstate driving going to and from work and I see this same thing all the time. I pisses me off too.

Another thing is when someone pulls out of a cross street in front of me when there is no one behind me...just wait a few more seconds till I get past.

whitetrash21

put on da damn helmet day
Apr 29, 2008
Vegas

x2... that's about the only thing that reeeeaaaaally pisses me off.

I've found that the one way to get them to quit is set the cruise at 90 or higher....most clueless fu**heads won't try to cruise that fast

battlegraduate09

Gearhead
Mar 18, 2010
Another thing is when someone pulls out of a cross street in front of me when there is no one behind me...just wait a few more seconds till I get past.

#1 thing for me. Absolutely hate it. They either cut me off and go 20 over the speed limit or go 20 under the speed limit.

"Drafting" or pacing gets me also. Several times a week on interstate i will notice a car behind me that will stay right on my bumper no matter if im going 60 or 80. Like already stated, a quick stomp on the pedal and hit 100 will make them think other wise, though i try not to do that. Id rather actually make it to where I am trying to get to.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
people that have to pass you on the on ramp. i swear, damn near every morning so ass is in a big hurry and thinks he can pass everyone on the on ramp. they sure as hell never make it past me though :D

or that person in traffic that stays 3-4 cars back from the guy in front. thats cool with me till traffic picks up and they still decide to go the same speed they have been goin.

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
Pisses me off that people don't understand that the slow lanes are the right ones. Everyone thinks they need to be in the fast lanes even if there's no cars in the slow lane. Move it or lose it sister.

JMK777

16's, but i keep em clean
Mar 20, 2008
Moss Beach
People that have to step on it to pass me before a 2 to 1 lane merge only to slow down.

F#(% THEM IN THE GOAT azz.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!

People that have to step on it to pass me before a 2 to 1 lane merge only to slow down.

F#(% THEM IN THE GOAT azz.

Yes, both of these really get to me too.

nar

Now with less _
Feb 7, 2008
Wyoming
The jerks with super bright blue hid lights that flash their lights at our trucks when we clearly have the dims on.

Blackhawk878

Jan 16, 2012
Grovetown, GA
Pisses me off that people don't understand that the slow lanes are the right ones. Everyone thinks they need to be in the fast lanes even if there's no cars in the slow lane. Move it or lose it sister.

This, holy shit, stay the f$ck out of the left lane. Seems like they are trying to control the flow of traffic by pacing the ass clown in the right lane going slow as hell.....:mad:

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.
This, holy shit, stay the f$ck out of the left lane. Seems like they are trying to control the flow of traffic by pacing the ass clown in the right lane going slow as hell.....:mad:
That's the one thing I hate. Slow azzzzz drivers!!!! Especially when they are in both lanes blocking traffic. Most of quickly move when I get up on em.

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM

Amen. I drive out on the interstate a lot to get to work to a town an hour away. Like Josh, I always set my cruise usually @ 80. I stay in the right lane unless I'm passing or see a slower vehicle up ahead I will be passing shortly anyways... People who don't move over to the right lane so that others may pass drive me mad. Mostly because its those same people that (once they realize you are going to pass) will speed up so you can't pass. Its like their pride is hurt and they are too good to be fast.

Women applying makeup while driving

People who hesitate @ the yellow light and initiate breaking then after you decide to stop change their mind and keep going.

When three lanes (for whatever reason) get merged to two: Hate people who fly down past a line of cars using the soon to be closed lane to horn in at the front of the line.

People who don't understand how a 4 way stop works. For Christs sake people, first to the intersection goes first, THEN THE PERSON TO HIS RIGHT! Wait your effing turn it ain't a free for all!

AubleAK

Aug 5, 2011
Glennallen, AK
When the slowest vehicles are on the fast lanes, or when its a 4 lane and the 2 cars in front of you drive right next to each other so no one can get past.

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
when people don't use cruise control, pass you, get in front, then slow down...

Like above, when there are 2 lanes, and both people in each lane are going the same speed without a care in the world.

RichLMM

Sep 5, 2010
North Kingstown RI
one that gets me is when theres construction or an accident and you go from two lanes down to one and the signs clearly state this up ahead but you have the few heroes that do mach1 till the last second then try and sneak in...driviing big trucks i always block the other lane people will go in the grass over curbs etc just to get what 2 or 3 cars up?

bittles313

Aug 8, 2010
Rome NY
Before I took current job as a tech instructor I drove a double wing snowplow on an interstate that goes through the snow belt here in NY.Area averages near 300 inches of snow a year.Pretty amazing what you see the traveling public doing while driving,like reading paper,putting on makeup,working on computer.Thing that always got me was when they try to pass the plow and realize the wall of snow is there....

matt78

Finally boosted launches
Sep 10, 2012
texas
When you want to turn left at an intersection,and you are 2 or 3 vehicles back,you see the green arrow and the idiot up front just sits there,then when they go everyone else in front of you has to creep out ,so when you get up to turn the light is yellow or red.