Talk about over-reacting...

4cstr

resident weather guesser
Oct 27, 2007
South Dakota
For the record, I am NOT for smoking people or other things out. Thats just bad behavior, and leave it for where it belongs.....on the sled pull and drag strip, under "controlled conditions"..

What I am against is censorship.

So...lemme get this straight. You want the guy censored because you are against censorship?? I really want to make sure I have this correct?

Yup. I cant say what I truly think of the guy....as Id get banned from the Garage. But I will say he has the Staff there bamboozled.

Nah...Tank...for the most part...is harmless. A lot less harmless than somebody who cries and whines about stuff on other sites.

All Tank is wanting to do is prevent another fiasco at TS. Nothing more or less. He ain't a greenie...if anything he is trying to promote diesel safety and activities. Face it...a lot of the general public sees diesels as smoke belching, stinking...get in the way vehicles on the road. And then the stuff at TS happens...and videos are posted on the 'net about bicycles getting smoked...or peds getting smoked.

So Tom...I ask...do these videos promote the sport...or harm it? If they promote the sport...fine.

But...if they harm the sport...what corrective actions would YOU take? Would you try to change the perception the public has, or try to remove stuff that promotes that "wrong" perception...or would you simply cry and whine about it ?

I apologize to Pat and Kat for crapping up this trainwreck more than what it was...but there are ALWAYS two sides to a story...with the truth somewhere in the middle.

4cstr

resident weather guesser
Oct 27, 2007
South Dakota
Tom...I haven't been on TDG in years now...you're not on staff there anymore?

Hi Rich...

Hope that things are going well for you.

Would you please quit telling that lie. You post it on nearly every diesel site out there...

Below is a copy from your profile on TDG...

* Send Message
* User Lists
* User Notes (0)
* Edit User Profile

Last Activity: 05-24-2009 09:56 AM

According to my calendar...that was 2 days ago. A little less than a year ago...

But...because of the respect I have for you...and never held any ill will toward you...I will give you your out. I am sure its because your fiance, friend, co-worker, dog, neighbor, truck, or somebody else has your password to the site and they logged in.

And lastly...perhaps you and Tom should talk about your banning from TDG...Tom most likely has lots to say...

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
A lot less harmless than somebody who cries and whines about stuff on other sites.

This thread appears to bring out the hypocrisy in many. :D

There are fouls (myself included) that do things today that they might regret tomorrow. Why attack one web site (You-Tube) when every where you look illegal activity is accepted?

Smoking out the innocent is no different then anyone that has engaged in street racing. In my eyes what he's attempting to do isn't going to help out the sport or hurt the sport but draw criticism to himself.

There is no pick and choose . Your always going to have individuals that participate in foolish acts not caring about at who's expense. I don't believe censorship is an issue but more so someone (a hypocrite) coming out bringing awareness to others that blowing smoke or smoking people out is immoral and dangerous. Cannot be denied but to run some kind of campaign drumming up support and having others snuff out videos on a web site to get his point across, is well ,dumb as the day is long. Certainly he has the RIGHT to discuss his thoughts but to call out for the Indians to circle the wagon should draw opposition.

If your going to talk the walk ,walk the talk on ALL illegal activity. Can he say he's 100% legal? Not from what I've seen

Gasuout

Johnny
Mar 20, 2008
Santa Ana , Ca.
Tank sure does get around . Funny I just saw a vid with Tank in it in a parking lot with him with booze bottle in hand drinking and squirting a hose on a trucks tries doing burn outs in a parking lot from a hotel . Looked recent . Should that be flagged also as inapprpriate behavior while consuming alcohol .

Its not for me to decide and it is a free country . His right and freedom .

Hypocrites ..... pointing fingers isnt going to solve the issue .

I like my freedom and use it wisely and will continue to .

I dont have to answer to tank or anybody . There is police and laws for this .

Hidng this situation is all flagging the vids is doing .

Not suprised Tank is leading this quest with youtube vids .

I think a vid should be bolted to Tanks bumper 24/7 and if he puffs any smoke he is reported to the state he lives in . Lets start with the hypocrite .

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
It's no surprise to anyone I that I believe smoke will eventually kill our sport. Trying to fix it at the video stage is a little too late though. It should be addressed through selection of modifications that make good power with less smoke.

My trucks do smoke under the right conditions, so I try to limit it. And I believe we all should try to limit it.

People chastise Gale Banks for expounding the smoke-free philosophy, but he can see the writing on the wall. Any sector of the performance industry that pisses off John Q Public will eventually be outlawed by Congress, either directly or indirectly.

So while I don't agree with witch hunts (sorry sweetie), I do believe it's our responsibility to save our own arses. If we want the "good toys", we need to act responsibly with them.

jraymer

<--Tree Hugger
Oct 31, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
If they are going to flag the diesel smoke why don't they flag all the burnouts on public roads and the "drifting" and power slides on the road or the motorcycles doing tricks? I'm just saying since all these things have a negative influence. Its bad to smoke, but I guess if someone it tailgating you or pissing you off its ok to blast them out according to whatever his name is. Way to contradict yourself.

Mar 25, 2008
Whitehorse Yukon
If they are going to flag the diesel smoke why don't they flag all the burnouts on public roads and the "drifting" and power slides on the road or the motorcycles doing tricks? I'm just saying since all these things have a negative influence. Its bad to smoke, but I guess if someone it tailgating you or pissing you off its ok to blast them out according to whatever his name is. Way to contradict yourself.

I agree with you on the burnouts and whatnot. Also all those things are illegal and mean hefty tickets and liscence suspensions whereas blowing smoke does not warrant anything like that. But like Pat said it is going to become illegal if we keep abusing what we can do. It is fun and I have a blast doing it but there is a time and a place for it.

Dazedandconfused

Lost in the diesel smoke.
Jul 26, 2007
Nothern Ky
I agree with you on the burnouts and whatnot. Also all those things are illegal and mean hefty tickets and liscence suspensions whereas blowing smoke does not warrant anything like that. But like Pat said it is going to become illegal if we keep abusing what we can do. It is fun and I have a blast doing it but there is a time and a place for it.

I know around here if you blow to much smoke they give you a ticket for obstructing views and rekless driving.

4cstr

resident weather guesser
Oct 27, 2007
South Dakota
I never said that I agreed with Tank. Maybe he has turned over a new leaf...don't know.

But....

This thread was started about what was going on over at TDG (sorry Pat to mention another site) and just as I would expect Pat to stand up for DD on another site...I am going to throw my 2 pennies in here.

We all know that what brought about the demise of a certain big Ford site was too much censorship. A lot of new sites spun off of that one...TDG included. Each of those sites have sections (Parking Lot, Smack Talk, Smoke Signals, etc) where nearly everything and anything can be talked about, cussed and discussed, etc). And within reason...everything is allowed to be seen and heard. (No nekkid wimen though on any of them I believe). That is where this thread originated...and it doesn't really break any of the rules that any of the sites have set forth.

Everybody is entitled to their opinion...and I respect that...and have no problem with that. What got my panties all bunched up was somebody talking down my site because I didn't agree with their opinion on a certain subject. Hell...if I listened to everybodies opinion I would be driving a Chevy, a Dodge, I would be institutionalized, in a straight jacket...and eating pudding from a plastic spoon.

Pat and Kat...again...I apologize for this. Out of respect for the both of you and this site...I am done with this topic. Those that got their fuses lit by my remarks...know where to find me. Everybody else...beer is on me if we ever meet up. Just remind me. :rofl:

Dave

UNBROKEN

Mar 30, 2008
Hi Rich...

Hope that things are going well for you.

Would you please quit telling that lie. You post it on nearly every diesel site out there...

Below is a copy from your profile on TDG...

According to my calendar...that was 2 days ago. A little less than a year ago...

But...because of the respect I have for you...and never held any ill will toward you...I will give you your out. I am sure its because your fiance, friend, co-worker, dog, neighbor, truck, or somebody else has your password to the site and they logged in.

And lastly...perhaps you and Tom should talk about your banning from TDG...Tom most likely has lots to say...

You want my IP, Dave.I can assure you that is not me. My username on ALL sites I'm on is in all caps.....UNBROKEN

UNBROKEN

Mar 30, 2008
Took it to PM's. Sent him my IP...hopefully he'll post what he finds....cause it ain't me.

BombDocDiesel

Army Bomb Squad
May 20, 2009
Belcamp, MD
This could could be perceived as censorship or a misguided idea. The videos will go right back up on YouTube. The video hunt will have little or no effect on what people do.

It does irritate me when people smoke other people. It also irritates me when people rev their Harleys just to show-off. I drive a diesel and I ride Harleys. I love them both and plan to keep it that way.

You can get tickets for the exhaust on your scoot. I have never gotten one because most POs will just ask about what has been done. HOAs in some areas have rules about vehicle noise now. I am sure someone will try to get ordinance approved and enforced for diesel smoke and noise as well. In some areas they can already roll that up in nuisance laws.

Bottom line; there are people that will show their asses in every group. They tend to screw the rest of us. Public perception gets the better of most groups. I can't promote or condemn what people do so I don't try.

TIM Z

Screwed by 0087s
Jan 17, 2009
Navarre, OH
W T F ???

Dont people realise if they dont like something dont watch it.

It gets really old how we have to Ban this and Ban that, BullS**t/ Enough is enough.

These asshats need to take their free time to stand up for our freedoms. not take them away.

Damn if i want to see a smoke video on youtube then dammit i should be able to, if you dont like it dont watch it!!

UNBROKEN

Mar 30, 2008
His thread...at least on CompD is coming full circle...it's shifting forom agreeing with him to chastising him. I figure it'll fizzle out within another day.

I don't agree with it...but it hasn't broke any site rules so there's technically been no reason to close it.

jraymer

<--Tree Hugger
Oct 31, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
W T F ???

Dont people realise if they dont like something dont watch it.

It gets really old how we have to Ban this and Ban that, BullS**t/ Enough is enough.

These asshats need to take their free time to stand up for our freedoms. not take them away.

Damn if i want to see a smoke video on youtube then dammit i should be able to, if you dont like it dont watch it!!

X2. Banning will do no good. Promoting cleaner tuning and power or a leave it on the track emphasis within your own realm of people would be a better angle.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
geez o petes....over reacting in the "over reacting" thread....why doesnt it surprise me? Last I knew, in this country we all have the right to our own opinion, correct? My issue is NOT with the videos themselves, as that is really a whole other topic, isnt it? My issue was with the METHOD being used to remove said videos.

Dont have time this AM to rebut some things that have been posted that need rebutting.

Last edited: