Street Duramax Trucks to be banned

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
I repectfully posted at CompD that I thought it was too much truck for the driver and got chastised by everyone over there including the drivers wife and Dennis Perry's wife. :eek: I was told that since I don't have a 10.0 truck that I couldn't possibly be qualified to have an educated opinion on the wreck.:confused: I stand by what I said, and said goodbye to CompD.

that is basicly what i got when i showed the video to some fellow drag races on several forums.
replys i got..

not enough driver for the truck
too much truck for the driver
bias and radial miss-match
imporper track prep -shouldnt have been out there in the first place
too much truck for the track
bad setup on the truck for the power level of the truck

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
WARNING:

Some of my rant here is meant to be fun.

Don't take any insults aimed at the Goatboys too seriously.

Really. They aren't gay.

From watching TV, I can tell that. Gays are smarter and dress better. ;)

J Spruill

bringer of truth
Mar 30, 2008
gary's daily driver truck ,the one he had before he bought this race truck ran back after back 7.3s in the eight mile.now with the exception of pat and myself none of you other guys have even come close to making these times.what qualifies as proper training?go ahead 13 second 1/4 mile guys tell me what makes you qualified.many of you guys spouting your mouths off will never i repeat never make low 7sec 8th mile passes,but you see some one who has made more passes than your all talk no go asses will ever make and you jump his crap.the whole thread at comp d was about safety no one was pushing for bars in 12 second trucks.peple are looking to prevent accidents and save lives.it want b hard to do most members here only have fast mouths not trucks....

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
gary's daily driver truck ,the one he had before he bought this race truck ran back after back 7.3s in the eight mile.now with the exception of pat and myself none of you other guys have even come close to making these times.what qualifies as proper training?go ahead 13 second 1/4 mile guys tell me what makes you qualified.many of you guys spouting your mouths off will never i repeat never make low 7sec 8th mile passes,but you see some one who has made more passes than your all talk no go asses will ever make and you jump his crap.the whole thread at comp d was about safety no one was pushing for bars in 12 second trucks.peple are looking to prevent accidents and save lives.it want b hard to do most members here only have fast mouths not trucks....

How is putting a cage in a 12 second truck going to PREVENT an accident??? It wont be hard for a sponsor to come up with a certified "roll bar" either will it?:cool:

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
Here is my response taken from this thread. Does my 10.59 count ? ;)

http://www.duramaxdiesels.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4057

I counted at least 5 guys that said they felt that trucks running in the 12's needed rollbars before I quit counting.

I even have a post over there saying that I would not put a rollbar in Wendy, as we have two other vehicles with 5 pts, and Wendy is my daily driver and I got a response :quote:Well then maybe one of your trucks will just have to be your daily driver. :quote:

This post from Steve in this thread

Post here for safety concerns 11.50 or slower

While crumple zones are great they do not do sh!t when a vehicle lands on the roof. Take a look around as it's not hard to find any of the many trucks that have landed on the roof and it flattens in like a pancake! I do not care what brand it is they all do it. In the case of racing at high speeds with a heavy weight trucks it's much worse if it happens. I think for the normal 13 second and slower trucks are fine just as they are but once you drop below 13.0 they need to begin and add some protection for the good of the sport. I think a roll bar would be a good starting place and I'm not so sure that a frame mounted bar placed in the bed would be a good way to make it work and keep it out of the cab.

I don't need you to take that info back to Comp D though. You asked a question and I answered it.

I normally stay out of these threads as I'm too thin skinned for it :eek:

But, I do like racing my truck at local events as it is usually less hassle then to try share Casper. It's just not practical to take more then one truck cross country with our kids. Even though I admit Casper is funner to drive :driving:

I have been drag racing for over 8 years with probably a 1000 or so passes I lost count. I have never once felt unsafe in any of trucks. I can't say the same for the car. When our local track LACR, which is know closed, was having problems with the traction compond they where using. I saw too many people put their cars into the wall, so I pretty much stopped racing the vette. But, I continued to race the trucks.

There has been several times that I would take Casper or Meanie to the track by myself. Pat would check them out before I left to make sure they mechanically safe and I would double check the tire pressures when I got there.

Drag racing is a dangerous sport which I don't take lightly. I know there is a risk in every pass I take, in which ever vehicle I am driving at the time. Since most times I'm just racing to better my own personal times, if I feel the vehicle beside me might do something stupid, I can sit at the light and wait for him/her to go. But, I'm addicted so what can I say.

While most everyone thinks my husband is an asshole, if anyone thinks that he would unnecessarily put me at risk boy are they wrong. There have been many times when he has insisted to make the first pass in Casper, not because he didn't want me to drive. But, he had made some sort of mechanical change to the truck and he wanted to make sure the truck was still stable going down the track before he hands me the keys.

I think I'm one of the luckiest women alive, that I have a husband that loves :hug: and trusts my driving abilities enough to let me drive what ever vehicle we have. I have been on enough car and truck boards to know most guys won't let their wife drive their car/truck, let alone race it. This is what we do as a husband and wife hobby for fun :cool2:husband and wife hobby for fun

J Spruill

bringer of truth
Mar 30, 2008
sorry i forgot you Kat i was thinking casper and just missed you sorry.Steve does mention useing a bar,he also adds that a rear mounted unit may work to serve the purpose.i dont see this as pushing a bar or trying to keep peple out.i am not endorsing the use of cages or bars in street trucks but there are many driving the roads today that should have them.i think some sort of testing should be done to see what happens.asfar as a supplier coming up with a certified roll bar i sure wish one would that way i wouldnt have to take my truck to a shop i could install it myself.certification isnt set by suppliers by the way..

J Spruill

bringer of truth
Mar 30, 2008
i dont think pat is an ass hole either.talked with him on the phone a few times and he has told me things to not let out and i havnt.as far as your dislike for the Perry's just remeber they have done more for diesel motorsports than you ever will

Diesel power

Jun 2, 2008
maryland
I repectfully posted at CompD that I thought it was too much truck for the driver and got chastised by everyone over there including the drivers wife and Dennis Perry's wife. :eek: I was told that since I don't have a 10.0 truck that I couldn't possibly be qualified to have an educated opinion on the wreck.:confused: I stand by what I said, and said goodbye to CompD.

Did you say dennis perry???

......... you mean "THE" dennis perry, carefull what you say around/ about that guy.......those comp d boys cling to every word he says, or thinks.

there is no such thing as personal oppinion over on comp d for sure.

now gary ray is a good guy, and he admits to his own falts and blames no but himself for the accident. he just dosent want to see anyone get hurt, like he could have.

Last edited:

sdaver

May 12, 2008
Your signature at the bottom.

you got it mike..............love the pic mack that was a fun trip.........got a few upcoming toys im testing.........one to be updated soon...........cant wait to share............on a side note mack...my 131" jims alpha will be in in two weeks for my 02 ultra classic revival......130 hp/135 torque.......it should definitly help a fatass bear get to the woods........sorry im off topic but whats new:D

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
now gary ray is a good guy, and he admits to his own falts and blames no but himself for the accident. he just dosent want to see anyone get hurt, like he could have.

I don't know what that truck was capable of running or what it did run. Surely it wasn't 12's from the looks of it?

I think the rules should be left alone. Not sure how 12 second trucks actually not brought into it.

The sponsors and tuners who are not driving should stay out of it IMO.

I still think that if the rules change it will increase street racing and then even more lives are going to be put at risk :( and it won't be the ones who will be given the choice in the matter.

UNBROKEN

Mar 30, 2008
Its horrible. They are at the opposite end of the spectrum of us concerning reasons we enjoy this sport. Fun, family, friends, hard work, comradery...And theyre in it for??? Money, publicity..??:confused:

We do this for every single reason you list. If you've never been to a large event you can't possibly understand. These people ARE my family.

Money ? Do you mean the $100,000+ I've spent on my personal truck without ever recieving a dime in cash from anyone ? That money ? Yea, that's why I do this.

Publicity ? Is there anyone here that wouldn't love to see their pride and joy featured in a magazine ? Doubtful.

Mt first full feature had me smiling for a month. I have another photo shoot scheduled in a few weeks. If I make it to Truckfest I have another shoot waiting out there, guess you'll have to sue me for wanting to show off my hard work and the hard work of my friends, family and yes, sponsors.

UNBROKEN

Mar 30, 2008
Did you say dennis perry???

......... you mean "THE" dennis perry, carefull what you say around/ about that guy.......those comp d boys cling to every word he says, or thinks.

there is no such thing as personal oppinion over on comp d for sure.

Funny, this is coming from a guy that registers with a new name about once a week. It usually takes members a few days to sniff him out with his useless and off-base posts.

I'll be sure to pass along your feelings towards the Perrys, Wade. I'm sure they'll both lose 2-3 nights sleep over it.:rolleyes:

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
We do this for every single reason you list. If you've never been to a large event you can't possibly understand. These people ARE my family.

I have and thought that also. Not one person other then my husband stuck up for me in TX :cry:

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
i dont think pat is an ass hole either.talked with him on the phone a few times and he has told me things to not let out and i havnt.as far as your dislike for the Perry's just remeber they have done more for diesel motorsports than you ever will

Jess
I get along just fine with Dennis and have a lot of respect for him. I never meat his wife and did not mean any disrespect for her when I mentioned that she was one of the women that chastised me.
Why is it that you guys feel you know everything and that it could never be possible that Gary was over his head? Why is it that I cannot have an educated opinion on the wreck even though I do not have a 10.0 truck as yet. Why is it that I can build a transmission that will hold a 10.0 truck, help design a converter that is dead nuts after watching video's of that truck ( done it more than once my friend ); but I don't know shit when I see a major driver screw up? Why is it that you guys will not allow any other opinion or train of thought on your board that does not agree with you?

UNBROKEN

Mar 30, 2008
I've never seen a differing opinion be deleted.
Disagreed with, yes.
Thick skin goes a long way on the internet. If you pack up your toys and leave when someone disagrees with you rather than stick around and talk it out, you have noone to blame for the sour taste in your mouth but yourself.
See, that's my opinion. You may disagree, doesn't mean I'm gonna run away because of it.

Now, since I know at least one person will say they were banned for their differing opinions, allow me to say in advance that that is not true.

J Spruill

bringer of truth
Mar 30, 2008
Jess
I get along just fine with Dennis and have a lot of respect for him. I never meat his wife and did not mean any disrespect for her when I mentioned that she was one of the women that chastised me.
Why is it that you guys feel you know everything and that it could never be possible that Gary was over his head? Why is it that I cannot have an educated opinion on the wreck even though I do not have a 10.0 truck as yet. Why is it that I can build a transmission that will hold a 10.0 truck, help design a converter that is dead nuts after watching video's of that truck ( done it more than once my friend ); but I don't know shit when I see a major driver screw up? Why is it that you guys will not allow any other opinion or train of thought on your board that does not agree with you?
First off Mike i wasnt referring to you about the Perrys.how do i act like i know everything?was gary over his head,idk he wrecked so something went wrong,i just dont think it was driver inexperience i think it was a mistake.we all make them.i am fine with people having an opinion,i just ask how else do you get training or become qualified other than by making passes.which Gary has many,although not in that truck.Mike i respect your tranny and tq con knowledge.as far as my board dude i am just a member like here and diesel place and dtr.i dont control what happens there i guess a lot of like minded people are there.you wernt kicked off compd were you ?you left on your own i thought.as far as differeing opinions i am getting hammered pretty well on this board for having a different opinion.how is that any different.