Street Duramax Trucks to be banned

othrgrl

Diesel Addiction Owner
Mar 10, 2008
Wilmington NC
www.mydieseladdiction.com
How many D-max's have been on their side or lid at the track though? And of those how many sustained bad enough damage to hurt anyone inside (aside from what a roll-bar couldn't help anyways)? I can see unibody cars needing a roll cage, because they are more prone to roll over without the weight of a frame lowering the center of gravity and they are more like to crush in around someone than a full frame truck with a roomy cabin. The rules shouldn't be made any stricter for trucks than they are for cars.

ecc_33

Aug 10, 2006
Amanda, Ohio
I doubt this will fly but if it does im not adding anymore weight to my "pullin truck" Just cant afford to do it.... Plus i would have to ditch the back seat for good

Stingpuller

The Pusher Man
Jan 11, 2007
central Ohio
Rules!!!!

X3 and then some. I wish I was GOD so I could make up some new rules. I think white std cab 06 and later with a over weight fat guy and no rear bumber class will do just fine. P.S. hand rail on side so I can't hurt myself getting in or out!:mad:

MAXLLY

No Lemming Here
Aug 15, 2007
San Diego
This is not good... They need to get the sport to flourish, get people hooked and get it main stream before they impose bureucracy.

I'll do it for my own safety not cause they tell me.

Based on what i read here, It appears they aren't considering the 99% of the people who keep the sport alive... the MASSES. Not the 9-10 sec trucks.

All the people who go 11's and 12's. That's where the low buck fun grass roots stuff is at.

To bad... I hope we "the regular joes" have some say in it.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
The diesel race organizations are run by 12v Cummins shops. They get anything they want in the way of rules.

That might sound pessimistic, but that is the way it works.

They will Interwebby Post that they are friends of all diesel racers, but that has never tied into their actions. They even think they are clever, apparently unaware of how transparent they have become.

2500HeavyDuty

Book 'em, Danno!
Feb 14, 2008
Katy, Tx
www.myspace.com
x4 That would defiantly keep people out from drag racing having to spend all that money for a roll cage.

sure a 7k truck runnin 110 mph has alot of energy, but hes not going to run head on into a little car,but hes on a track and the only person in front of them would be a Dmax.

and im sure sure everyone knows why this roll cage deal is being brought up anyway

dieselson

Oct 14, 2006
Huntington Beach, CA
I knew for a long time that those guys are wienies. For us that would mean like 97MPH requires a rollbar. That is impractical. While our truck may have been retired from work truck duties recently, it is still used as a family truck sometimes, and a rollbar would make that impossible. According to those rules, Pat would need an extensive rollcage that would make his truck practically undrivable because of the impracticality of getting in and out. You are just as likely to die in a 50MPH accident as you are in a 110 MPH accident.

Noreaster

Jun 13, 2007
Cape Cod,MA
Im surprised nothing was really said about driver error/inexperience.
No sense get all worried that major rules are coming down on us, give it a week & it will die off.

GMC_2002_Dmax

The Still Master
The Dodge guys have had it their way for so long they don't like the fact the Dmax is outperforming them.

If you can't beat them at the track then prevent them from racing.

Just don't run any DHRA sanctioned events then.

When all they have is lame Dodges showing up and nothing else maybe a new organization will get formed.

Nobody is saying you need a cage to run, just to run at a DHRA event.

:eek:

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
The Dodge guys have had it their way for so long they don't like the fact the Dmax is outperforming them.

If you can't beat them at the track then prevent them from racing.

Just don't run any DHRA sanctioned events then.

When all they have is lame Dodges showing up and nothing else maybe a new organization will get formed.

Nobody is saying you need a cage to run, just to run at a DHRA event.

:eek:

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong. But there was talk in the beginning of that thread regarding contacting the NHRA :(

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
Im surprised nothing was really said about driver error/inexperience.
No sense get all worried that major rules are coming down on us, give it a week & it will die off.
He actually admitted to it being his fault on Comp D if im not mistaken. I just cant believe how the people feel like if you have money for a truck and "$10k for upgrades that 2-3k for a cage isnt much." do they forget we drive these EVERY DAY? Ill just be like my friend troy who runs his lemans in the 13s all day till the last two passes where he runs 11.30s and gets kicked off the track for no cage or fire jacket.:D

GMC_2002_Dmax

The Still Master
I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong. But there was talk in the beginning of that thread regarding contacting the NHRA :(

If that is the case then I won't bother running either one of my trucks at any track.

I already know I won't be cutting up either truck to cage them and have a certified cage built.

That will result in race only trucks pulled to events on trailers.

Maybe we can push for a change for all vehicles to be caged under 13 seconds and every ricer, vette owner, etc would decry that rule too if they run faster than 13.00.

:D

ecc_33

Aug 10, 2006
Amanda, Ohio
I agree Tony...Dont run ANY DHRA events....I have never ran one of there events and dont plan on it until there is a bunch of changes made.....They are to biased on to many decisions

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
If that is the case then I won't bother running either one of my trucks at any track.

I already know I won't be cutting up either truck to cage them and have a certified cage built.

That will result in race only trucks pulled to events on trailers.

Maybe we can push for a change for all vehicles to be caged under 13 seconds and every ricer, vette owner, etc would decry that rule too if they run faster than 13.00.

:D

Big surprise TTS is endorsing it. He is getting tired of getting owned by EFILive and PPE trucks across the country.