Street Duramax Trucks to be banned

MAX707

Mar 4, 2008
Why does what I have done to my motor matter ?
Does what is or isn't done make me any more or less capable of posting ?
You have a member posting in this thread with neither a truck nor a drivers liscense for that matter, think hard before you answer.
Do you know his Dad? Ask him who the owner/owners of that truck are?

J Spruill

bringer of truth
Mar 30, 2008
I run a huge single and my truck drives great! I even got some good cruise boost.
i wouldnt consider your turbo a huge single.please dont take this as a slam because none is intended,i have a sub 12 sec truck as well.

MAX707

Mar 4, 2008
i like some of these ideas not sure if you are serious or just funin.how much lowerd do you propose.i guess a crank centerline hieght limit.im al for loops,i dont see a need :argue:i wont even g there...lol
I'm serious as a heart attack. On a Chevy T-Bars cranked all the way down and a 4'' drop in the rear I think should be standard. I think this would be a good starting point. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Dodge and Ford sit higher stock than Chevy's. If this is correct maybe a 2'' kit up front with T-Bars down 4-5 turns and 4-6'' in the rear. Just some rough ideas, but I think our center of gravity being too high and people not respecting tire specifications is the real problem. Last if any "investigating" should be done I would like to see it directed at how is 4X2 safe at all in a 5000lbs truck with 800+RwHp?

MAX707

Mar 4, 2008
i wouldnt consider your turbo a huge single.please dont take this as a slam because none is intended,i have a sub 12 sec truck as well.
I know who you are. RELENTLESS! Your truck is one of the first that motivated me to build a 10sec truck. I got alot of respect for you and what you have accomplished. What is a big single then?

The Neens

BFD
Staff member
Aug 10, 2006
Monrovia, Ca.
Ok, my turn...

Don't really care whose turbo is bigger, whose truck it is, lack of a sig, who has a Driver's License, what mods are done, grudge racing, etc...

MAX707- thanks for post #184...

J Spruill

bringer of truth
Mar 30, 2008
I'm serious as a heart attack. On a Chevy T-Bars cranked all the way down and a 4'' drop in the rear I think should be standard. I think this would be a good starting point. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Dodge and Ford sit higher stock than Chevy's. If this is correct maybe a 2'' kit up front with T-Bars down 4-5 turns and 4-6'' in the rear. Just some rough ideas, but I think our center of gravity being too high and people not respecting tire specifications is the real problem. Last if any "investigating" should be done I would like to see it directed at how is 4X2 safe at all in a 5000lbs truck with 800+RwHp?
although a good idea if you use this as a standard you will be be exclding the dodge and ford guys.i know your reply screw them the dmaxes always get the shaft,i feel,you we have been racing dmaxes in prostreet for a few years and it always seemed the rules were put in place to hinder us.i no longer feel that way know that i am more involved.also i am not relentless i am Jess Spruill.i have owned dmax psd and dodge.they all have good points.

Last edited by a moderator:

MAX707

Mar 4, 2008
although a good idea if you use this as a standard you will be be exclding the dodge and ford guys.i know your reply screw them the dmaxes always get the shaft,i feel,you we have been racing dmaxes in prostreet for a few years and it always seemed the rules were put in place to hinder us.i no longer feel that way know that i am more involved.also i am not relentless i am Jess Spruill.i have owned dmax psd and dodge.they all have good points.

Sorry I think I confused you with Buck Spruill?

J Spruill

bringer of truth
Mar 30, 2008
Sorry I think I confused you with Buck Spruill?

easy to do buck is my brother.the race truck is my old daily driver.

by relentless i guess you meant the magazine article...lol i thought you meant a dodge diesel guy out of texas...

MAX707

Mar 4, 2008
easy to do buck is my brother.the race truck is my old daily driver.

by relentless i guess you meant the magazine article...lol i thought you meant a dodge diesel guy out of texas...

Your bro has a sweet truck. My bro has a 775RwHp 06' Cummins so I have a little respect for them.

Burner

Old Hand
May 6, 2008
Did I just read a skit from Seinfeld or a promo for an upcomming soap? Good greif people. I do no know anyone in our sport that wants a restriction on 12 second trucks. Cages are a nessary evil under 11.49, I think we would agree on that?

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Did I just read a skit from Seinfeld or a promo for an upcomming soap? Good greif people. I do no know anyone in our sport that wants a restriction on 12 second trucks. Cages are a nessary evil under 11.49, I think we would agree on that?

In general, the racers do not want rollbars required until 11.499, which is the IHRA/NHRA/etc rule.

It's the freakin' SPECTATORS (TTS, TS Performance, CompD staff) that want the restriction to start perhaps as high as 13.99.

Schmucks. Little League Parent Syndrome is the best I can figure.

CompD banned me for speaking out against this proposal. Spectators banning the racers from their "competition" board? The only competition going on there is to see who can suck up the most for free parts. :D

UNBROKEN

Mar 30, 2008
It's the freakin' SPECTATORS (TTS, TS Performance, CompD staff) that want the restriction to start perhaps as high as 13.99.

Schmucks. Little League Parent Syndrome is the best I can figure.

CompD banned me for speaking out against this proposal. Spectators banning the racers from their "competition" board? The only competition going on there is to see who can suck up the most for free parts. :D

There you go, spouting lies again. Do you ever stop ?
13.99 ? Go find that on CompD, prove your nonsense.

Spectators ? I know most all of the CompD staff, yes, some do not compete but most do in some form or other.
RacinDuallie is an NHRDA director and is building a couple trucks bow.
C.A.P. likes to hit the track when he can
UNBROKEN is building a truck for the 12.0 classes out there.
Wide Open competes regularly.
BIGRPOWR is a DHRA champion like yourself.
WEWELD competes all over the country with Stroked Lightning
Dalpilot is building the DeRanged truck for nationwide competition.

TTS ? You know Steve is building a truck and tunes trucks nationwide. How is that spectating?
TS Performance ? The same company that brings more trucks to more events than any other shop anywhere ? Are you blind ?

I could go on but I think that gets my point across. Spectators ? You could not be more wrong.

Go ahead, twist that around in your head. I'm anxious to see what comes out next.

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008

Spectators ? I know most all of the CompD staff, yes, some do not compete but most do in some form or other.

TTS ? You know Steve is building a truck and tunes trucks nationwide. How is that spectating?
TS Performance ? The same company that brings more trucks to more events than any other shop anywhere ? Are you blind ?

I could go on but I think that gets my point across. Spectators ? You could not be more wrong.

Go ahead, twist that around in your head. I'm anxious to see what comes out next.

Why would Pat say something about future changes that wasnt true? Hes a RACER! Just like the rest of us, and doesnt want to see us get kicked in the nuts and wallet by anyone. If he thought it was a joke and not a threat to our sport he wouldnt have addressed it.

MAXLLY

No Lemming Here
Aug 15, 2007
San Diego

This is a first here.:happy:

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com

Sorry dude(tte), but I can't read CompDodge. Differing opinions ain't the ticket in Goatville. :D

Pretty much water under the bridge now, as I got you sissys backpedalling faster than Billy C with his fly open.

Let the diesels run the same rules as the gassers and STFU and we will all be happy.

:fluffy:

PS - So all of your staff were racing at the CompDodge Invitational? No? Your stories of 16 ProStreet trucks were fictional? I'm SHOCKED! :eek: We don't all race here, but we don't pretend we do either.;)