Question: Spring clamp location?

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
I have the same problem at my local track. Absolutely no way to drive around the water. I can never get the 60 foot times everyone else seems to get.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
Well at least I'm not the only one.

If I have time to hit up National Trails (1/4mi) in Oct I'll report back, they have plenty of room to drive around the water box.

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
My truck always launches 10x better on the steeet than at the track. I cut a 1.81 60' last year on stock trans 285/55 hankook dynapro with just clamps on the front.

Those tires being over an inch shorter may have helped you some. Your truck looks a touch lower than mine, I also have drop shackles in the back and my front end is sitting on the stops.

Josh154

Sep 28, 2015
Sioux Falls SD
Those tires being over an inch shorter may have helped you some. Your truck looks a touch lower than mine, I also have drop shackles in the back and my front end is sitting on the stops.

Same setup. I have 2" shackles out back and front bolts all the way down. I was able to cut a 1.77 60' this year on pyos and some 265/75 shitty all terrains

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
They get very pissy around here if you track a bunch of water to the start line. If you drive straight through and don't spin the tires you get TOLD :D

Josh154

Sep 28, 2015
Sioux Falls SD
lol I've never been to any other track but our "water box" is just an atrendeant spraying the ground with hose. I tell them guys not to spray and yet they still do it. Honestly most cars have trouble hooking at the local track. It's not the best track but it's still fun.

GSXRTURBO1

Feb 10, 2015
Detroit MI
Mopar used to have what they called Super Stock leaf springs, which were intended for drag racing. The left and right springs were slightly different, with the weight of the car and an auto or manual trans being the difference between the different part #'s offered. The springs always had a very stiff front section to prevent spring wrap up, and a rear section left loose to allow the rear of the car to raise and plant the rear end as was mentioned by zf>Allison.