Sprayed the LLY again....

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
and this is why i dont go to the drag strip anymore. you cant get disappointed lmao
Now that your tow tuna doesn't beat brains race tuna:roflmao:

what was your 60' on the run without spray? do you spin leaving? looks to me like you have about .5-.6 to take off ET with a good 60' which would buy you a high 11 with a perfect run. keep tryin man
This^^^

Oh no, jake would pay for it in the end. Maybe not money wise......lmao
Which end?:gay:

Keep tryin Steve. Maybe you should let someone else give er a rip down the 1320, you wouldn't be the first to let another driver pilot the best time out of a truck, hell, even Rob let his wife drive max'd'out, look how well she has done in it:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Cknight199

Aug 23, 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
Now that your tow tuna doesn't beat brains race tuna:roflmao:

This^^^

Which end?:gay:

Keep tryin Steve. Maybe you should let someone else give er a rip down the 1320, you wouldn't be the first to let another driver pilot the best time out of a truck, hell, even Rob let his wife drive max'd'out, look how well she has done in it:rolleyes:

I would never let someone drive my truck. Let alone take it down the drag strip. A wife would be an exception if they actually wanted to race and were good at it.

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
I think I'd let James run my truck down the strip, hell he goes to the track less the once a year and goes a second faster each time :D

Cknight199

Aug 23, 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
pretty sure he meant someone he knew not some random..

Still I don't know if you can really improve time by changing drivers when reaction time isn't measured. If reaction time is added to the total time (like competitions) then sure a better driver will be faster. But at test n tunes and midnight drags, when reaction time doesn't mean crap, I don't think it would help.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I think I'd let James run my truck down the strip, hell he goes to the track less the once a year and goes a second faster each time :D

:D, lemme know when you want it to run a 10 :happy2:

Still I don't know if you can really improve time by changing drivers when reaction time isn't measured. If reaction time is added to the total time (like competitions) then sure a better driver will be faster. But at test n tunes and midnight drags, when reaction time doesn't mean crap, I don't think it would help.

if the driver knows what hes doing and has a feel for the truck, it sure as hell can make a difference. you can keep denying it all you want but ive personally seen it done by steve hopping in his buddies truck (sean) and dropping .2 off his time to get that 12 sec pass sean wanted. Kat also ran casper faster than Pat down the track long ago. You still got lots to learn ;) so take you mind off reaction time cause there is a hell of alot more variables a driver causes that can increase or decrease time

wrcknkrw

Feb 21, 2008
roy ut

Some people are much better at staging and launching. Launch makes a big difference in times.

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
Some guys have a much better feel for when the truck is in the sweet spot and ready to launch than others. When I started racing people told me to try and launch with a certain PSI on the boost gauge but I've found that results are more easily tracked/monitored/replicated with RPM.

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
I would never let someone drive my truck. Let alone take it down the drag strip. A wife would be an exception if they actually wanted to race and were good at it.

I would let a capable and trusted person drag my truck before I ever let them on the street with it:D

You wouldn't though...Why, worried about breakage, or pride?
If the truck is put together well enough it won't matter who drives it:rolleyes: unless it's a matter of not wanting to be shown up as a driver.

I was in no way saying Steve is not a good driver, we all know his truck has a faster pass in it and I think Steve might be letting his nerves get the best of him on the line, cuz he knows his truck is faster too, and it's causing some pressure anxiety at the line, basically I think he wants it too bad, and is forcing mishaps to happen out of the gate, like missing a three foot putt for birdie.

And man, there is a whole helluva lot more to a fast truck than the parts that make it...:rolleyes: but I was kind of joking with Steve when I wrote that

Ehh, kinda...

SSchmi5519

LLY Cult Leader
Oct 19, 2008
Arizona
I would do a straight centerlink if it wasn't already impossible to turn in my truck lol.

And yes I have made hundreds of passes at the strip and as James said made the fastest pass in Sean's truck the first pass I made, and that was my first time driving that truck ever.

Increasing and decreasing the potency of launch is the easy part, getting the truck to cooperate is the hard part.

Sent from my iPhone.

DIESELMAFIAPER.LB7

<----new hotness
Jan 17, 2010
idaho
shop.dieselmafiaperformance.com

let me drive your truck ill run a 12 in it:thumb: