Help: Speeding ticket! What do i do?

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
Bummer Matt. If the officer asks anything just say..huthuthuthuthuthuthut.:rofl:

mytmousemalibu

Cut your ride, sissy!
Apr 12, 2008
Kansas
And I jinxed myself. A 60/45 2 miles from home after driving 350 miles to/from the track.

F F F F F :(

Oh, I see how it is! You tell me to slow down and then go do the opposite an try to steal my thunder, lil hypocritical dont cha think? :joker: :D :angel: :hug:

Dude that blows! I'm not tryin to pass-off my bad luck! I just wanted to sweep it under a rug! Hope you can get out of it!;)

hhhsharps

May 24, 2008
Matt...Talk to the prosecutor in the pre-trial conference and ask if he will submit you for community service and traffic school. If it has been a long time since you had any citations, they are usually open to proactive offers. That is unless of course you made the "Nice Policeman" mad out on the side of the hyway ......................:D

Last edited:

SIKDMAX

Highway Burnouts!
Sep 14, 2007
Central Coast, Cali
www.sikdmax.com
Nah he was way cool - Ive actually met him before. It was 1am, had just driven 150 miles from the racetrack with my drag radials, jack, generator, etc in the back of my truck, numbers still all over it, and he was in the same damn spot they laser all the time, only 2 miles from my house. I just was tired and out of it cruising along with the windows down and music up and DEDODEDODEDO... looked around in the 3 or 4 usual laser spots I could see from there and BAM there he was :baby:

I pulled over before he even pulled out of the driveway, turned truck off windows down keys out ins reg out, he didnt even want to see them. We talked for a while and I was thinkin sweet - no reg or ins hes just gonna tell me to slow down and go to bed.

"Unfortuneately this is a 45 mph zone (which was JUST cahnged like 2 weeks ago from 55 to 45) so Im going to be right back with a citation." :(

When I looked down at my speedo when I got hit it was 74, so Im happy he wrote for 60.

When I was 16 I got a :rolleyes:75 in a 35:rolleyes: (spare me the lectures I was 16 in my first new car ) on a road that was notorious for speed trap/speed limit too slow. My dads been a traffic engineer for 30 years and so he grabbed a radar gun from work and did a full blown 8 hour speed study, we went to the judge with fully certified study and embarrassed the traffic officer out of court and got all charges dismissed :p

Im thinking about doing a speed study in this case due to the fact that the speed limit was just recently changed and everyone still goes the old limit or above. You need 85percentile over 5mph above the limit to have the road be legally considered a speed trap, during the same time/conditions.

Gonna have to go survey the situation again on a Friday night early morning and see what the traffic is like - Im sure most are going over 50mph.

Worth a shot - got a ticket just 3 weeks ago on the highway in my DD for 80/65 and did traffic school. Dont need this ticket to go on my record when Im in process of getting hired as a tow truck driver which needs exceptional DMV as well as insuring a street bike and a 08 4x4 truck :baby:

Ive since parked my truck and it only gets driven when I need a bed or to tow, and I kicked the tune in it down. Thing gets me in trouble! :angel: